‘You’ve never seen The Beatles like this before’: Peter Jackson on his epic Get Back docuseries

Had a cracking idea the other night. I thought out of all the streaming platforms, Disney+ is the strangest place for The Beatles Get Back documentary. Then I thought, why the hell didn't The Beatles' Apple Corps. launch their own streaming platform? Get Back would've been a cracking way to launch it and all things Beatles could be on there. Music, Shea Stadium, all their music videos, everything! And, all of their solo music videos, films etc could also be on there.

Christ how boring

"Yoko Ono shares article saying new Peter Jackson film proves she didn’t break up The Beatles"

Yoko didn't have anything to do with the split, based on that eight hours of footage. Between George wanting to do solo albums and the hiring of Allen Klein, it's clear The Beatles were to blame. However, apart from George walking out for a few days, there is no sign of them wanting to split up during any of the footage. In fact (this is a spoiler, so stop reading!!!) when George says he'd like to do some solo stuff, John encourages him and says 'do it, but we'll still have this', meaning The Beatles.

:sleeping:

Thought their addictions were common knowledge.

And in regards to Yoko splitting up the Beatles, she was just an easy target. Lots of Beatles fans and even media that demonized her, it’s just sad.

Last edited:
Apparently some of the current generation are trying to get the Beatles cancelled on the back of this, claiming that the lyrics in 'Get Back'
('Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman, but she was another man') are transphobic, and trying to get it banned from airplay, or that line bleeped out in the documentary footage. Anyone else heard this, or is someone having me on?

Apparently some of the current generation are trying to get the Beatles cancelled on the back of this, claiming that the lyrics in 'Get Back'
('Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman, but she was another man') are transphobic, and trying to get it banned from airplay, or that line bleeped out in the documentary footage. Anyone else heard this, or is someone having me on?

Get Back is clearly a protest song. If it isn't race, then the dumb f***s on this rock will find something else to discriminate against; hair colour, sexual orientation, something else, etc. Explain to those dumb f***s online that lyrics can be taken out of context. Also, tell them that not everybody on this rock gives a f*** about whether or not they are straight, gay, bi, transgender or whateverthenextthingis. Some of us, do not give a f***. That isn't to say that I'll sit by and watch someone get f***ing lynched because of the colour of their skin or their sexual orientation. Because I won't. Whatever people are or choose to be, that suits me and 99% of people just fine.

Episode 2: 1:51:30 They're chatting about shows where they missed half the songs, they laugh about it and Lennon reaches into his coat pocket, totally forgets where he is, brings out a joint, remembers that there are cameras all around and puts it back! f***ing hilarious! He even looks at the camera as he puts it back in his coat pocket! If only we could be in the room without the cameras! ;)

John Lennon sticks his tongue out a lot throughout this series. There are no comments from the rest of the band. Drugs or habit? I've read somewhere that he may have been autistic.

The Beatles: Get Back

I was watching the new great Beatles documentary by Peter Jackson. The Let It Be-sessions. A series magnificently put together, without the nagging talking heads that one usually gets in documentaries. Then I wondered if Morrissey has ever watched this documentary. What do you think? Anybody knows? Maybe the famous nephew is here and could answer. What did your uncle think (if he has watched it)? It's interesting that The Beatles originally had some of the same idea for Get Back that Morrissey later had for Bengali in Platforms.

EDIT: for some reason this post was moved to the off-topic-section, even if surely Morrissey is the topic of this web page?! This is a scandal, I think.

Last edited:

I was watching the new great Beatles documentary by Peter Jackson. The Let It Be-sessions. A series magnificently put together, without the nagging talking heads that one usually gets in documentaries. Then I wondered if Morrissey has ever watched this documentary. What do you think? Anybody knows? Maybe the famous nephew is here and could answer. What did your uncle think (if he has watched it)?
judging by some of the posts on this topic, it doesn’t seem the doc is bringing up any new information really, though I guess it could be an alright watch for the extra cleaned up footage and if you don’t know that much about the band.

It's interesting that The Beatles originally had some of the same idea for Get Back that Morrissey later had for Bengali in Platforms.

:squiffy:o_O

Ketamine Sun, with the condescending tone as always.

But Morrissey’s a ‘mythical human being’ as you described him, do you really think he would admit to stooping so low as to watch a doc on the Beatles?!

He’s above such activities that
are practiced by us mere mortals!

:rolleyes:;)

'Mere mortals' go to McDonalds and watch the Kardashians and boast about going to 'the school of life', they don't watch this documentary.

Bit tenuous, but the new management team are pushing the doc.

Screenshot_20211204-152716~3.png

I certainly never imagined Morrissey would have the same management as Macca.
Regards,
FWD.

I was watching the new great Beatles documentary by Peter Jackson. The Let It Be-sessions. A series magnificently put together, without the nagging talking heads that one usually gets in documentaries. Then I wondered if Morrissey has ever watched this documentary.
He only likes 4 of their songs, so I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom