60 euro plus service charge for Moz in Dublin

A

Anonymous

what kinda greedy , money pillaging wanka has Moz become? Started to see him for 5 quidat the SFX with The Smiths when every song was class , now standing room is 60 and 80 for a seat. Guess the jumped up queen think's he's a god . Gotta say I wont be supporting his Jaguar driving , houses all over the place meatless lifestyle at these prices . Moz your worse than the C^nts you whine about

Re: 60 euro plus service charge for Moz in Dublin....F*ck that

it is very cold. eh its one thing to think it to high but to think that someone is in the wrong for not pricing there show for what you consider to be affordable isnt very sensible. its not terribly easy to tour at 50 plus and his and there costs have risen a lot since the smiths days. you want different things at different stages in your life. do i think it high, yes, do i think this makes them c***s, no. i find it highly suspect when people think moz likes and wants to do things for average common people. hes said so repeatedly that he really doesnt like many people. freds avatar says that like daily, so to think hes gonna have some special low cost to his finances as a favor for fans might be a little weird. weird to expect it

He doesn't set the ticket price, he only sets the few he charges the venue/promoter for the show. Keep in mind he has a ton of overhead-salaries, everyone's airfares, hotels, meals. That must cost a lot.

it is very cold. eh its one thing to think it to high but to think that someone is in the wrong for not pricing there show for what you consider to be affordable isnt very sensible. its not terribly easy to tour at 50 plus and his and there costs have risen a lot since the smiths days. you want different things at different stages in your life. do i think it high, yes, do i think this makes them c***s, no. i find it highly suspect when people think moz likes and wants to do things for average common people. hes said so repeatedly that he really doesnt like many people. freds avatar says that like daily, so to think hes gonna have some special low cost to his finances as a favor for fans might be a little weird. weird to expect it

Please. The Stones and The Who cost double to see.

yeah my ryan adams tickets for carnegie hall were like eighty $'s which is still slightly less but very high for the concerts i usually go to. i dont really like the experience of arenas. maybe if he were younger he could squeeze some small venue gigs for close fans the way suede did right before there albert hall show but then suede were so much more populist than morrissey ever was. also...

"He doesn't set the ticket price, he only sets the few he charges the venue/promoter for the show"

...this. (im assuming you meant fee)

Ireland is an expensive country. Wages are higher than other parts of Europe, and costs reflect this. I think that Zagreb tickets are €30. For me, I have to factor in flights from London, tickets, hotel and the flight back to Manchester. Dublin hotels are nowhere near as expensive as they used to be, due to over investment during the Celtic Tiger years. So it's swings and roundabouts.

As for comparing ticket costs of the 80's, it's a whole new ball game. Then the tour broke even, with it being a promotional vehicle for album sales. The music business model has changed. The tour is the payload now. I get the impression that Morrissey much prefers the old way, but what can he do? Some argue that live circuit has benefitted, as artists now have to sing for their supper, fuelling a rise in live entertainment. This may be so, but it's the bloody middle man charges that piss me off. Technology has led to the changes that I've eluded to, but the same technology allows the money sucking middle man to be departed from the equation, but they remain. We are charged to print our own tickets, on our own paper with our own ink (ok, works!) and then we are charged to pay.

About a decade or more ago the big players in the music industry bought into the live entertainment sector. It's just following the money. The old claim that piracy was killing live music must have these music execs pissing themselves all the way to the bank. It's just forced them to refocus the product and how they deliver it. Kerching!

:))))) you have no idea guys how lucky you are living there in Europe and being able just to pay 60 euros and see Moz :)))

in Russia people pay 150-200 euro to see this shit:

the highest tickets for his concert is 890 (!) euro :))))

Last edited by a moderator:
mansons tour can be costly as well but im for sure gonna buy tickets. wonder what the highest tour going right now is and how much. mansons smart though and doesnt depend on touring or record sales for income. he invested in various projects and made seventy mill last year. thats what i think artist who want to make money should do. if the money is important cause this way they can make the things they do more for love cost a little less

Back
Top Bottom