Alain Whyte for MozArmy Meet 2020: Acoustic set featuring Morrissey tracks (May 9, 2020)

Set:
I Am Hated For Loving
Over The Ocean
Crossroads
Sunny Days
A Swallow On My Neck

Prerecorded, but listen to the intro in track 1 - very interesting!!
He's been hinting at something involving 'special guests' for a while.
He is due to host a Southpaw Grammar listening party on Twitter tomorrow - details when they appear.
All credit to MozArmy Meet and Alain.
They appear to have made the best of the cancellation of their meet - thanks to them all.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Lovely. I wonder why Vauxhall tracks have largely disappeared from Moz’s setlist for years. It’s not just his best album, but one of the greatest ever.

The next single, Tell Me (an earlier demo version of which has been played on Julie’s radio show) will likely feature the sort of “lockdown” video that many bands are putting out at this time (a more standard vid will follow).

*More importantly, the upcoming vid will likely serve as a bit of a “reveal” for exciting things to come. Old-school fans may have a reason to rejoice ?

The next single, Tell Me (an earlier demo version of which has been played on Julie’s radio show) will likely feature the sort of “lockdown” video that many bands are putting out at this time (a more standard vid will follow).

*More importantly, the upcoming vid will likely serve as a bit of a “reveal” for exciting things to come. Old-school fans may have a reason to rejoice ?
I liked that track when it aired - all of Alain's catchy hallmarks.
Looking forwards to some interesting news soon.
Regards,
FWD.

looks like alan might be getting one or two of the boys back for a bt of a sesh.

Lovely. I wonder why Vauxhall tracks have largely disappeared from Moz’s setlist for years. It’s not just his best album, but one of the greatest ever.

Have they?

Speedway, Hold On to Your Friends, I Am Hated for Loving, Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself and The More You Ignore Me have all been played very recently and Now My Heart is Full and Billy Budd have been performed hundreds of times.

Last edited:
I liked that track when it aired - all of Alain's catchy hallmarks.
Looking forwards to some interesting news soon.
Regards,
FWD.

Glad to hear that! The new version (technically their will be two versions) has additions to it that just take it to a new level. Can’t wait to share it with everyone!

Have they?

Speedway, Hold On to Your Friends, I Am Hated for Loving, Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself and The More You Ignore Me have all been played very recently and Now My Heart is Full and Billy Budd have been performed hundreds of times.
Really? In the vids I’ve seen of shows since around 2009 or so, I’ve rarely seen any Vauxhall tracks, and he didn’t play any at the show I saw in 2016. Maybe I missed it, but the impression I have is that he’s largely forgotten Vauxhall for the last dozen years or so. He didn’t play anything from Your Arsenal (which I consider his second best album) either at the show I saw.

:rolleyes:

the reveal is likely the return of the punk rock salad drummer playing the tom toms.
woopeedoo.o_O

Prerecorded, but listen to the intro in track 1 - very interesting!!
He's been hinting at something involving 'special guests' for a while.
He is due to host a Southpaw Grammar listening party on Twitter tomorrow - details when they appear.
All credit to MozArmy Meet and Alain.
They appear to have made the best of the cancellation of their meet - thanks to them all.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah, thought he was gonna play a Smiths song instead.

Sunny Days made me think of Nick Drake, the verse anyway.

Really? In the vids I’ve seen of shows since around 2009 or so, I’ve rarely seen any Vauxhall tracks, and he didn’t play any at the show I saw in 2016. Maybe I missed it, but the impression I have is that he’s largely forgotten Vauxhall for the last dozen years or so. He didn’t play anything from Your Arsenal (which I consider his second best album) either at the show I saw.

No, he has played stacks of songs from both Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I recently. Speedway was played at every show in 2016 as far as I know.

In terms of most recent performances:

You're Gonna Need Someone - 2019
Glamorous Glue - 2018
Disco - 2014
Fatty - 2019
Certain People - 2015
Someday - 2014
Seasick - 2020

Now My Heart is Full - 2015
Billy Budd - 2009
Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself - 2019
The More You Ignore Me - 2019
Hold On to Your Friends - 2019
I Am Hated for Loving - 2019
Speedway - 2019

I’d imagine that Alain will be playing some shows with Gary and Spencer, which would be lovely.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom