Alain Whyte: Nobody Loves Us - Safe At Home Sessions (June 23, 2020)

20200624_012447.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Alain pretended to leave Morrissey's employ hoping that his bluff wouldn't be called. It was a clumsy attempt to extort more money out of his employer. He thought he had Morrissey over a barrel as a tour had been booked to promote You Are The Quarry and he thought he was irreplaceable under the circumstances. He gambled and lost, and instead of playing Arenas and large venues around the world to thousands of adoring fans, here he is, the very picture of a delusional has-been.

The truth is Alain never knew his place. He was always trying to shove himself forward onstage, concentrating on posing rather than playing, seemingly unable to fathom that it was Morrissey who everyone had come to see. His gripes over money, along with his refusal to wear the stage clothes his employer had provided for future live appearances, had him lay down ultimatums, which have led him to this sorry, ignoble end. He has only himself to blame.

How do you know this? Can I ask - if there was such acrimony between them, why did Morrissey continue to use Alain's songs for five years after he left the touring band?

Someone posted on here the other day about Alain trying to "make a grab for the crown" - it certainly goes against the grain of the rumours that floated about at the time, which were along the lines of back injury / mental health issues. Alain also said, at one point - "I left for the same reason Johnny Marr left, because I'd seen too many good people come and go". So none of the stories around Alain's leaving really add up. A squabble over money would be typical, typical Moz though. And I can't help but feel glad for Alain that he left before he was asked to play guitar in a bikini, etc.

How do you know this? Can I ask - if there was such acrimony between them, why did Morrissey continue to use Alain's songs for five years after he left the touring band?

Someone posted on here the other day about Alain trying to "make a grab for the crown" - it certainly goes against the grain of the rumours that floated about at the time, which were along the lines of back injury / mental health issues. Alain also said, at one point - "I left for the same reason Johnny Marr left, because I'd seen too many good people come and go". So none of the stories around Alain's leaving really add up. A squabble over money would be typical, typical Moz though. And I can't help but feel glad for Alain that he left before he was asked to play guitar in a bikini, etc.

?

so now AlainT is equating himself with the head lawnmower:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
:)
he sees himself in LePew territory:)

'hes seen too many good people come and go' as if he were the uncrowned king of music.:crazy:
like LePew invisible fans flock to the non existing world tours.:D

Thoughts? Rly? 'K.

I don't know dude, if you want to basically say someone is an attention-seeking loser, mebbee abstaining from posting the exact same shit twice just adding paragraphs is not such a bad idea? People might jump to very hasty conclusions.

About Alain Whyte being "the picture of a delusional has been', again, don't know; how about posting your analysis for a third time, adding a picture of yourself, so we can make an informed comparison?

Bet you'd spent ages typing that as well...Are you at least on the payroll?
doh:

Not really "dude", I simply felt that it was a discussion worth having, a discussion that wasn't gonna take place on a dead thread.

Alain has shit on Morrissey many times. That's his choice and his business, but with that in mind he really has no place peddling his wares to Morrissey's fans, it's undignified to say the least.

They seem a bit pathetic to me too, which is a strange reaction because I have such affection for Alain and I'd love to see him back. It also makes no sense - I enjoy Johnny's versions of Smiths songs, so why should I feel sad about this?

I can't put my finger on it. The whole thing just looks as though Alain hasn't been able to move on - despite writing for lots of other artists after Morrissey.
Could it be Alain is just a tad bored like the rest of us???? If I could belt out a song like he does then I would be doing exactly what he’s doing now.... I wouldn’t read to much into it..

I posted this yesterday on a dead thread. Anyone have any thoughts?

There's something quite pitiful about these renditions now.

Were they party pieces he pulled out to entertain his friends that would be fine, likewise if he was standing on the high street trying to earn dollars to feed his family, but the earnestness, and the pleading tone of voice and expressions all aimed squarely at Morrissey, are extremely uncomfortable to witness.

Alain pretended to leave Morrissey's employ hoping that his bluff wouldn't be called. It was a clumsy attempt to extort more money out of his employer. He thought he had Morrissey over a barrel as a tour had been booked to promote You Are The Quarry and he thought he was irreplaceable under the circumstances. He gambled and lost, and instead of playing Arenas and large venues around the world to thousands of adoring fans, here he is, the very picture of a delusional has-been.

The truth is Alain never knew his place. He was always trying to shove himself forward onstage, concentrating on posing rather than playing, seemingly unable to fathom that it was Morrissey who everyone had come to see.

His gripes over money, along with his refusal to wear the stage clothes his employer had provided for future live appearances, had him lay down ultimatums, which have led him to this sorry, ignoble end.

He has only himself to blame.
Alain's keeping some fans entertained with these songs no more no less. You've really got your knickers in a twist here, no need to think about this too much as you'll give yourself a migraine.

I can't put my finger on it. The whole thing just looks as though Alain hasn't been able to move on - despite writing for lots of other artists after Morrissey.

Do they ever really move on though?

Nope. If they’re not sticking the knife
into Morrissey’s back then they’re using his name or their own name (that Morrissey helped make) to further their ‘career’.

And once they’ve worked with Morrissey, other artists just don’t satisfy.

Even though I’ve been enjoying these videos, one does wonder why he’s doing them? I mean a few would be understandable, but it’s beginning to be a bit much and now we’re at the point where we may want to question his mental health. lol.

Having said that. Keep them coming Alain :thumb:

why did Morrissey continue to use Alain's songs for five years after he left the touring band?’

Because they’re Morrissey songs.

And I can't help but feel glad for Alain that he left before he was asked to play guitar in a bikini, etc.’

If Morrissey called Alain to hire him back, Alain’s first reply would be... the red one or the polka-dotted one ?

Anyone who has had the pleasure of finding Boz at the bar after a show can clearly see that being a part of Morrissey's band is probably an exhausting experience and one that isn't always necessarily fun for the psyche. We'll most likely never know the full story. Everyone is tied up in NDAs and at the end of the day, Alain is just a little too polite to dish the details.

Do they ever really move on though?

Nope. If they’re not sticking the knife
into Morrissey’s back then they’re using his name or their own name (that Morrissey helped make) to further their ‘career’.

Even though I’ve been enjoying these videos, one does wonder why? I mean a few would be understandable, but it’s beginning to be a bit much and now we’re at the point where we may want to question his mental health. lol.

Having said that. Keep them coming Alain :thumb:
I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that these performances actually represent Alain moving on.

The songs played are (mostly) half his, but he is perhaps only now feeling happy to revisit something that formerly might’ve been painful: there seems a real freshness about these performances.

I see a man looking positive, and relaxed with his own history. And what a history.

I would not be surprised if (perhaps next year) he did a few UK shows which exclusively represented his work with Morrissey. And I’d definitely attend: Alain looks and sounds match fit.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that these performances actually represent Alain moving on.

The songs played are (mostly) half his, but he is perhaps only now feeling happy to revisit
something that formerly might’ve been painful: there seems a real freshness about these performances.

I see a man looking positive, and relaxed with his own history. And what a history.

I would not be surprised if (perhaps next year) he did a few UK shows which exclusively represented his work with Morrissey. And I’d definitely attend: Alain looks and sounds match fit.

:thumb: Yes. I can see that also.

Not saying you’re wrong, but is this true? I could have missed it, but where have Morrissey’s band members past or present spoken about a NDA that they signed? I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Alain is just a little too polite to dish the details.’

or is it that he’s just trying to keep his foot in the door?
I'm fairly certain (and @Nerak could probably illuminate further) that NDAs are pretty much standard practice for stars of Morrissey's calibre, especially those for whom mystique is paramount.

And I'm sure even Alain knows that his days with Morrissey are over. I think he's just bored at home like all of us are at the moment, taking a bittersweet stroll down memory lane and getting a nice fan response to boot.

The songs played are (mostly) half his, but he is perhaps only now feeling happy to revisit something that formerly might’ve been painful: there seems a real freshness about these performances.

Fair enough, although it's shocking to consider that Alain will receive 50% of the publishing in perpetuity simply because he looked good in 1991.

The truth is he went into the studio with a handful of chords which he could barely manage to play. All the real work was done by the engineers and producer.

Suffice to say, any Tom, Dick, or possibly Harriet, could have supplied Morrissey with a sow's ear from which to make a silk purse.

I don't know what this man did in the past to justify your hate. I hope he didn't commit a crime. But, unlike Cobrin and others, now he has the best vibe towards Morrissey and his band, playing his songs and remembering past times in social media as a tribue. That's a good thing in this moment of global desperation and confussion. It's almost therapeutical, a man and a guitar changing moods. Besides, liking these videos doesn't have to mean we don't like Jesse Tobias and other band members. That's childish, I presume we are grown-up people.
average age on here is about 14 if your lucky or maybe thats the i q.

I don't know what this man did in the past to justify your hate. I hope he didn't commit a crime. But, unlike Cobrin and others, now he has the best vibe towards Morrissey and his band, playing his songs and remembering past times in social media as a tribue. That's a good thing in this moment of global desperation and confussion. It's almost therapeutical, a man and a guitar changing moods. Besides, liking these videos doesn't have to mean we don't like Jesse Tobias and other band members. That's childish, I presume we are grown-up people.

I certainly don't hate Alain. Just as with Johnny Marr, I'm thankful for their contributions to Morrissey's legacy, they just need to know their place, and it definitely isn't centre-stage.

I'm fairly certain (and @Nerak could probably illuminate further) that NDAs are pretty much standard practice for stars of Morrissey's calibre, especially those for whom mystique is paramount.

And I'm sure even Alain knows that his days with Morrissey are over. I think he's just bored at home like all of us are at the moment, taking a bittersweet stroll down memory lane and getting a nice fan response to boot.

They are.

Mainly though you don't want to look unprofessional & gossipy unless talking to tabloids & going on Reality is going to be your income stream.

Everyone has secrets & it would make you a Z lister.

Alain has shit on Morrissey many times. That's his choice and his business, but with that in mind he really has no place peddling his wares to Morrissey's fans, it's undignified to say the least.

When and where has he spoke ill of Morrissey in interviews? Specific examples, please.

Alain is performing mainly songs that he co-wrote and sharing them at no cost - hence no "peddling" - via his YouTube and Facebook pages. He seems to enjoy it and the vast majority of his fans clearly do, too, based on the reception there and here. I fail to see why some are so indignant about it or weaving grandiose conspiracies about his intentions. My goodness, a *musician* playing songs **he** co-wrote - how dare he! :rolleyes:

?

WTF a couple of pseuds:handpointup:
turn out to be industry experts.;)
the lawnmowers signed NDAS:confused:
and can be sued and dont want to be Z listers:lbf:
lawnmowers cant be sued as none have any money
and were/are Z listers before and after their Moz time FFS:)

who would was good money suing a lawnmower who are all
totally broke and pleading Moz for water via hand signs.:lbf:

Fair enough, although it's shocking to consider that Alain will receive 50% of the publishing in perpetuity simply because he looked good in 1991.

The truth is he went into the studio with a handful of chords which he could barely manage to play. All the real work was done by the engineers and producer.

Suffice to say, any Tom, Dick, or possibly Harriet, could have supplied Morrissey with a sow's ear from which to make a silk purse.

?

true i heard the same thing.:(
that he would get nervous playing the chords.:)
and the producers and engineers had to fix them.

Moz wrote the songs of course, the lyrics and the melody, he would throw a bone to lawnmowers but they are all grateful. :straightface:

Are you Jesse Tobias' mother or something? He will receive whatever he's due because he actually wrote the music - I think you'll find that's how it works. He's a unique songwriting talent and a skilled musician. Morrissey's output has been significantly poorer without him - it's no coincidence that his 'golden period' coincided with Alain being in the band.

Are you referring to Your Arsenal here? As a non-musician, I will refrain from any comments on his guitar playing abilities at that point in time, but to me it is obvious that Mick Ronson had a big influence on the sound of that album and probably offered a helping hand to the musicians.

In contrast, I tend to view Jerry Finn much less as a producer interfering with the sound or musical direction of an album. If you like that album, and the following ones, it is easy enough to appreciate how Alain's songwriting skills and musicianship had matured over time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom