Alan Wilder - Recoil - new album due July 2nd

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=22433_0_2_0_C

The news first got out earlier than planned via the Russian label Gala Records which is responsible for distributing the EMI catalogue in Russia, and has now been confirmed this weekend by the Recoil headquarters as well: a new Recoil album titled "subHuman" is planned to be released on July 2nd via Mute. The albums marks the return of the former Depeche Mode member Alan Wilder after a 6 year break from recording. "subHuman" will be Recoil's 5th studio album. The release will be available on CD and limited edition gatefold vinyl. A special collector's DVD package will also be issued to include an enhanced stereo CD, a 5.1 Surround Sound version and an exclusive ambient re-working of the entire album. The DVD will also include all the Recoil videos to date. Collaborating with Recoil is Blues-man Joe Richardson, whose "evocative vocal style is complimented by accomplished guitar and harmonica performances". Born in Southern Louisiana, Richardson spent years immersed in the murkier side of New Orleans life and offers what Mute calls "a unique commentary on conflict, religion, incarceration and personal struggle". Also included on the disc is English singer Carla Trevaskis. She already confirmed on her MySpace a few days ago that she had been working on 2 Recoil tracks. In the past Trevaskis collaborated with artists as diverse as Fred de Faye (Eurythmics), Cliff Hewitt (Apollo 440) and Dave McDonald (Portishead). At the moment the Recoil webhub 'Shunt' is being rebuilt, the page currently offers the official press release.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=22433_0_2_0_C

The news first got out earlier than planned via the Russian label Gala Records which is responsible for distributing the EMI catalogue in Russia, and has now been confirmed this weekend by the Recoil headquarters as well: a new Recoil album titled "subHuman" is planned to be released on July 2nd via Mute. The albums marks the return of the former Depeche Mode member Alan Wilder after a 6 year break from recording. "subHuman" will be Recoil's 5th studio album. The release will be available on CD and limited edition gatefold vinyl. A special collector's DVD package will also be issued to include an enhanced stereo CD, a 5.1 Surround Sound version and an exclusive ambient re-working of the entire album. The DVD will also include all the Recoil videos to date. Collaborating with Recoil is Blues-man Joe Richardson, whose "evocative vocal style is complimented by accomplished guitar and harmonica performances". Born in Southern Louisiana, Richardson spent years immersed in the murkier side of New Orleans life and offers what Mute calls "a unique commentary on conflict, religion, incarceration and personal struggle". Also included on the disc is English singer Carla Trevaskis. She already confirmed on her MySpace a few days ago that she had been working on 2 Recoil tracks. In the past Trevaskis collaborated with artists as diverse as Fred de Faye (Eurythmics), Cliff Hewitt (Apollo 440) and Dave McDonald (Portishead). At the moment the Recoil webhub 'Shunt' is being rebuilt, the page currently offers the official press release.

Hey,

I have a cd of his from years ago though. Pretty good. I was also e-mailed by that company in regards to trying it out. Probably b/c I was a member of the old forum that Halo used to run.

Have you heard the Toast Hawaii/Client project by Fletch? Just curious. :)

Hey,

I have a cd of his from years ago though. Pretty good. I was also e-mailed by that company in regards to trying it out. Probably b/c I was a member of the old forum that Halo used to run.

Have you heard the Toast Hawaii/Client project by Fletch? Just curious. :)

I have heard about it, but not heard any of it as I recall.

I did read that Fletch let them go from his label or his management, not sure of the exact details. He ws too busy on the last DM tour to give adequate time to them; he thought it best they be handled by others, or something like that. (I'm full of specifics, aren't I?)

What CD is it that you have from years ago? And where is that forum located?

I have heard about it, but not heard any of it as I recall.

I did read that Fletch let them go from his label or his management, not sure of the exact details. He ws too busy on the last DM tour to give adequate time to them; he thought it best they be handled by others, or something like that. (I'm full of specifics, aren't I?)

What CD is it that you have from years ago? And where is that forum located?

I have clients first album and i really like it. I havent heard any of their new stuff though. I belive they are now on an American Label and have added another girl to the group. http://www.client-online.net/

I'm defenetly going to check out this new Recoil album when it comes out.
I own the other 4......Unsound Methods is my favorite, I just listened to it the other day while workingout and fell in love with it again......Bloodline is really good too.

I hope this new album has some Diamanda Galas collaborations like Strange Hours and Vertigen.

Back
Top Bottom