All the Lazy Dykes -- wtf?

J

JTRipper

This song is gorgeous! I only just now noticed that this is one of the Top 2 most disliked songs on the album, per the latest poll. Wow... I can't even comprehend. I love the shimmering quality, and the way he takes a 4-note chord and goes up and down it like a scale.

This is easily one of my favourites on Quarry, along with the incredible run from IBEH through Camden.

> This song is gorgeous! I only just now noticed that this is one of the Top
> 2 most disliked songs on the album, per the latest poll. Wow... I can't
> even comprehend. I love the shimmering quality, and the way he takes a
> 4-note chord and goes up and down it like a scale.

The poll asked what one's single favorite track is, not which songs people dislike.

"Lazy Dykes" is unlikely to do well in a poll asking for the single best song. It's a gentle and pretty lil album track.

> This is easily one of my favourites on Quarry

Me too.

I LOVE All The Lazy Dykes! That's a quality Morrissey song, unlike that terrible "I Like You"

> The poll asked what one's single favorite track is, not which songs people
> dislike.

Actually, look at the *current* poll -- it asks for people's LEAST favourite track off Quarry. Lazy Dykes is now the leading candidate at 22%. That's what was astonishing me.... AINTW is second (and certainly got my vote, heh!)

Cheers,
Ripper

> This song is gorgeous! I only just now noticed that this is one of the Top
> 2 most disliked songs on the album, per the latest poll. Wow... I can't
> even comprehend. I love the shimmering quality, and the way he takes a
> 4-note chord and goes up and down it like a scale.

> This is easily one of my favourites on Quarry, along with the incredible
> run from IBEH through Camden.

that song is simply amazing! it is flawless both musically and lyrically (content). It's not petty and totally coherant. for a change the song has nothing to do with the court judgement!!

very true

i agree with u and im actually not a gr8 fan of the album. This one and Let me kiss you are probs the best ones

> dislike.

Actually, look at the *current* poll -- it asks for people's LEAST favourite track off Quarry. Lazy Dykes is now the leading candidate at 22%. That's what was astonishing me.... AINTW is second (and certainly got my vote, heh!)

Cheers,
Ripper

> dislike.

Cheers,
Ripper

> Actually, look at the *current* poll -- it asks for people's LEAST
> favourite track off Quarry. Lazy Dykes is now the leading candidate at
> 22%. That's what was astonishing me.... AINTW is second (and certainly got
> my vote, heh!)

> Cheers,
> Ripper

Oh my, I have not checked the poll lately.

I'll have to try and stuff the ballot. = )

But, ya know, this site is full of people who, when first confronted with Morrissey's righteous Tommy gun pic, tried to tell us it was a hoax and Morrissey looked "deformed" in the pic.

In time, people will discover the beauty of "All the Lazy Dykes."

> In time, people will discover the beauty of "All the Lazy
> Dykes."

I sure hope so... maybe it's not "single-friendly," but it has a very sublime beauty to it making it a choice album cut, in similar fashion to how "Lifeguard Sleeping..." off V&I did. Dykes is definitely the track I'm listening to most frequently right now. Not being people's favourite off Quarry is fine, I'm down with that when other options like Jesus and IBEH are there.... but for 22% of voters to say Dykes is the worst... that is lunacy :)

This is what I love about Moz albums -- there's a handful that start streaking out of the gate, grabbing you instantly... and then as time goes by, one by one, each track reveals itself to you in succession.

Re: I LOVE All The Lazy Dykes! That's a quality Morrissey song, unlike that terrible "I Like You"

I think so, too. Lazy Dykes is one of the not too many highlights of the album. Next to comes Crashing Bores, IMO.

All in all, I think Morrissey needs a better composer.

Back
Top Bottom