American coverage of Man City vs Man U

bored

not bitter but bored
In America they never talk about "soccer" unless it's the world cup or occasionally Man U as the owner also owns an NFL team but today ESPN moved the game to their main channel and they even made a special graphic for the top story on their website.

Pretty interesting seeing as they never give more than a few seconds of scores here and there throughout the year.

Anyway, thought some of you might like the screen cap.

man_football.PNG

Well they used to have a weekly premiership and la liga game everyweek. As they took over broadcast rights for setanta maybe they renegotiated or lessened the coverage. They also show a bit of mls here and there.

They do show a few games but mostly they fill the studio with ex footballers from England. I don't think I have seen any americans at all during their shows as they are made in England studios anyway. Man Uniteds american owners are originally from Lithuania where they had to escape from cause they were abused for being jewish. Tonight the arab owners of City did one over them. It is all politics these days in sports....

when Nugo has "soccer" on thats about the only time I watch the TV out there
did not see this match up though, was happy to read that Man U lost though :D

They do show a few games but mostly they fill the studio with ex footballers from England. I don't think I have seen any americans at all during their shows as they are made in England studios anyway. Man Uniteds american owners are originally from Lithuania where they had to escape from cause they were abused for being jewish. Tonight the arab owners of City did one over them. It is all politics these days in sports....

I think it was more about the team from Manchester wearing Blue (City) doing one over on the team from just outside Manchester, wearing red (united) rather than it being about Arabs getting one over on Lithuanian Jews.....

Up The Blues

JJ

Back
Top Bottom