Andy Rourke: The world needs colourful characters like Morrissey - The List

Andy Rourke: The world needs colourful characters like Morrissey - The List
By Bang Showbiz - 9 May, 2019.

Excerpt:

Andy Rourke says the world needs "colourful characters" like his old bandmate Morrissey.

The 55-year-old bassist co-founded The Smiths with frontman Morrissey in Manchester in 1982, and he has admitted the music industry would be "boring" without "controversial" people like the 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' singer – who is known for his forthright opinions on topics including politics and animal rights.

Andy also described Morrissey as a "unique individual and a real talent".

full

Full interview via YouTube:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, I guess the gig with Mr Comet was a no go.:brows:

they were SUPPOSED to be such GREAT MATES, sorta of like Skinny and Al Salaam.:lbf::lbf:
there you go for trusting the cometic one.:thumb:

Bless him. Always comes across as a nice guy.

I didn't hear the part where he said the would be boring if... is it in the interview? I listened twice and could not hear that

they only need to add Hooky and they will have a supergroup.:lbf:
change the name from blitz vega to cul de sac:lbf::lbf:

the world needs more bass players likes Andy, he’s a fookin wizard lad

Dang Morrissey is now in bottom half of the looks department of former smiths. Good thing mike has those huge ears so Moz will never be in the basement.

I find "colourful character" quite insulting. Morrissey is someone much bigger than that. Maybe it's the translation.

I find "colourful character" quite insulting. Morrissey is someone much bigger than that. Maybe it's the translation.

Its the translation. Being known as a "colourful character" over here in the UK is roughly meant as "many interesting aspects" to one's persona.

"A colourful character is a person who behaves in an interesting and amusing way. A colourful character, he likes extravagant gestures. 4. adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If someone has had a colourful past or a colourful career, they have been involved in exciting but often slightly shocking things".

Jason

Its the translation. Being known as a "colourful character" over here in the UK is roughly meant as "many interesting aspects" to one's persona.

"A colourful character is a person who behaves in an interesting and amusing way. A colourful character, he likes extravagant gestures. 4. adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If someone has had a colourful past or a colourful career, they have been involved in exciting but often slightly shocking things".

Jason

Thank you Jason.

Jason

got it. Interesting that DH Andy would call Moz 'colorful' while wearing a 'colorful' wig himself. I mean, WTF?:lbf:

Thanks for the link.

Andy looks good...in a Deirdre Barlow kind of way. :)
I think he has more of an Elton John when Elton first decided to be a little more subdued in his dress. (no Donald Duck outfits)

Andy wrote incredible bass parts for The Smiths and Sinead O'Connor. The heroin years suck but he has been pretty great since then.

they only need to add Hooky and they will have a supergroup.:lbf:
change the name from blitz vega to cul de sac:lbf::lbf:
Vegan Cro Spirit I love your posts so much. You always cheer me up. What you say is true and is spot on and is often humorous you are very witty.

I had a look at Andy Rourke's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/AndyRourkeMusic/following?lang=en

It seems that Andy Rourke is following loads of Morrissey haters on Twitter. Andy Rourke is following Dave Haslam who is one of the biggest Morrissey haters out there!

Strange that you should mention Peter Hook. Andy Rourke is also following Peter Hook on Twitter. Peter Hook has been very hostile towards Morrissey for years.

Andy Rourke is following on Twitter the band 'Echo & the Bunnymen' - the frontman from Echo & the Bunnymen Ian McCulloch has said some nasty stuff about Morrissey in the past. Andy Rourke is following the band 'The Charlatans' - the frontman from The Charlatans Tim Burgess is a known hater of Morrissey.

Andy Rourke is also following on Twitter John Robb, Billy Bragg, Pete Wylie, Piers Morgan and Mike Joyce they are all haters of Morrissey. Andy Rourke is following Joel Perry another hater of Morrissey who worked with the dodgy Elliot Marks.

Andy Rourke follows quite a lot of mainstream media on Twitter a lot of it is music related like the NME and Pitchfork. The NME, Pitchfork and most of the mainstream media seem to have it in for Morrissey they seem to really hate him. The NME have hated on Morrissey for years.

Andy Rourke follows his old mate Johnny Marr on Twitter. I'm not sure I would class Johnny Marr as a true Morrissey hater but I have been disappointed with Johnny Marr's lack of support for Morrissey in recent years it seems to me like he is sitting on the fence. I much prefer Morrissey's solo music to Johnny Marr's music! Also Johnny Marr has worked with and is friends with some Morrissey haters.

There might be some other Morrissey haters that I have missed on Andy Rourke's Twitter page. I'm thinking of making a list of all the Morrissey haters over the years. Andy Rourke seems to support and is friends with the American indie band 'The National' and the Mancunian singer Rowetta they have all been open in their dislike for Morrissey.

If Andy Rourke was a true supporter of Morrissey he wouldn't follow and be friends with all these Morrissey haters! Andy Rourke is using Morrissey's name for publicity for his new band 'Blitz Vega'. Even after all these years Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce are still using Morrissey's name for publicity, money and to desperately try and stay relevant.

Morrissey is a very sensitive gentleman, he is very creative, he is a true artist with real integrity. Morrissey is a beautiful person who wears his heart on his sleeve. In my view 'The Smiths' were Morrissey and Johnny Marr. I saw an online article recently where Morrissey said that he can no longer listen to The Smiths' music! Poor Morrissey must associate that music with so much pain, trauma and humiliation it is so very sad what Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce did to Morrissey. :tears:

Andy is a born follower! Classically Smiths WTF :confused:
This band sound shit and who is that other no mark singing o_O

Vegan Cro Spirit I love your posts so much. You always cheer me up. What you say is true and is spot on and is often humorous you are very witty.

I had a look at Andy Rourke's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/AndyRourkeMusic/following?lang=en

It seems that Andy Rourke is following loads of Morrissey haters on Twitter. Andy Rourke is following Dave Haslam who is one of the biggest Morrissey haters out there!

Strange that you should mention Peter Hook. Andy Rourke is also following Peter Hook on Twitter. Peter Hook has been very hostile towards Morrissey for years.

Andy Rourke is following on Twitter the band 'Echo & the Bunnymen' - the frontman from Echo & the Bunnymen Ian McCulloch has said some nasty stuff about Morrissey in the past. Andy Rourke is following the band 'The Charlatans' - the frontman from The Charlatans Tim Burgess is a known hater of Morrissey.

Andy Rourke is also following on Twitter John Robb, Billy Bragg, Pete Wylie, Piers Morgan and Mike Joyce they are all haters of Morrissey. Andy Rourke is following Joel Perry another hater of Morrissey who worked with the dodgy Elliot Marks.

Andy Rourke follows quite a lot of mainstream media on Twitter a lot of it is music related like the NME and Pitchfork. The NME, Pitchfork and most of the mainstream media seem to have it in for Morrissey they seem to really hate him. The NME have hated on Morrissey for years.

Andy Rourke follows his old mate Johnny Marr on Twitter. I'm not sure I would class Johnny Marr as a true Morrissey hater but I have been disappointed with Johnny Marr's lack of support for Morrissey in recent years it seems to me like he is sitting on the fence. I much prefer Morrissey's solo music to Johnny Marr's music! Also Johnny Marr has worked with and is friends with some Morrissey haters.

There might be some other Morrissey haters that I have missed on Andy Rourke's Twitter page. I'm thinking of making a list of all the Morrissey haters over the years. Andy Rourke seems to support and is friends with the American indie band 'The National' and the Mancunian singer Rowetta they have all been open in their dislike for Morrissey.

If Andy Rourke was a true supporter of Morrissey he wouldn't follow and be friends with all these Morrissey haters! Andy Rourke is using Morrissey's name for publicity for his new band 'Blitz Vega'. Even after all these years Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce are still using Morrissey's name for publicity, money and to desperately try and stay relevant.

Morrissey is a very sensitive gentleman, he is very creative, he is a true artist with real integrity. Morrissey is a beautiful person who wears his heart on his sleeve. In my view 'The Smiths' were Morrissey and Johnny Marr. I saw an online article recently where Morrissey said that he can no longer listen to The Smiths' music! Poor Morrissey must associate that music with so much pain, trauma and humiliation it is so very sad what Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce did to Morrissey. :tears:

Oh God, you again, get help, GET HELP.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom