Another new JEMS release on Dime: 1986-08-25 Los Angeles (FLAC)

docinwestchester

The Smiths
Universal Amphitheatre
Los Angeles, CA
August 25, 1986
RG First Generation Cassette via JEMS
New Wave LA Series Vol. 47

01 intro
02 Still Ill
03 I Want The One I Can't Have
04 There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
05 How Soon Is Now?
06 Frankly, Mr. Shankly
07 Panic
08 Stretch Out And Wait
09 The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
10 Is It Really So Strange?
11 Cemetry Gates
12 Never Had No One Ever
13 What She Said
14 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
15 Meat Is Murder
16 (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
17 Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
18 The Queen Is Dead
19 Money Changes Everything
20 I Know It's Over
21 Hand In Glove
22 Bigmouth Strikes Again

"New Wave LA returns to its mid-'80s sweet spot with RG's second recording of The Smiths, this time from their final US tour in support of The Queen Is Dead at the first of two nights at Universal Amphtitheatre. Like the band's 1985 appearance (Vol. 43), the Los Angeles audience is rapturous to the point of dangerous, and you'll hear their considerable enthusiasm.

According to the fine Smiths website Passions Just Like Mine, the set includes the first US tour appearance of Elvis' "(Marie's The Name) Of His Latest Flame" intro to "Rusholme Ruffians" and a return to the set for "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now."

RG's recording is superior to his 1985 capture, richer, closer and with better fidelity. The downside is the recording is on the edge of distortion at times, especially when Morrissey pushes his vocals, but for the most part it hangs together to be a very satisfying document. Samples provided."

Probably the last one on Dime I'm going to re-share here:

FLAC / ~670MB

All credit to cpscps, JEMS & RG.

Cheers Larry.
I'm not sure if Dime still enforce the share ratio, but suspect many here won't bother with the site for that reason.
FWD.

Probably the last one on Dime I'm going to re-share here:

FLAC / ~670MB

All credit to cpscps, JEMS & RG.

Cheers Larry.
I'm not sure if Dime still enforce the share ratio, but suspect many here won't bother with the site for that reason.
So shared here in zip form ~670mb.
FWD.

I thought that most bootleg collectors have a Dime account and adequate share ratio. I'm probably wrong.

Thanks for sharing. I'm too lazy.

Back
Top Bottom