Article: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Altern

UPDATE Feb. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Firefly Festival - true-to-you.net
18 February 2015

​Morrissey will be second on the bill at the Firefly Festival at the Woodlands of Dover International Speedway, Dover, Delaware, in June.

Roberto Ferdenzi posts the link:

Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Alternative Nation

Our sources can confirm that former Smiths frontman Morrissey will be one of the many acts to play at this year’s Firefly Music Festival this June at the Woodlands in Dover, DE. The official Firefly lineup is expected to be announced by Red Frog Entertainment at 3:00 PM EST/2:00 CST we can announce and confirm via a high ranking source that Morrissey will be one of the many acts to be performing at the festival.

The Firefly Music Festival lineup was reportedly leaked back in January from a Twitter account called @EDMSecrets, today it was also reported by Philadelphia rock station 104.5, that the official app for the festival leaked the lineup which mirrors the same one last month and also lists Morrissey as a performer.

UPDATE Feb. 26:

Link posted by sweetness522 (original post):

Firefly director: 90,000-plus fans possible - delawareonline.com

Interview with festival director Greg Bostrom.

Excerpt:

Does well-known (and somewhat militant) vegetarian Morrissey know there will be meat served on festival grounds?

Any venue requirements or specific advances from the artists that will be important to their show is discussed during the contract phase. Their camp is aware that Firefly is a festival with a lot of different venues and food options and we've discussed all those considerations. We don't anticipate any problems. There won't be any surprises when he shows up on site.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival

It's going to be a great year in Moz land.

Re: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival

Please just do Philadelphia so I can skip country-bumpkin fest.

It's going to be a great year in Moz land.

Can't wait to hear more North American dates announced...!!!

Last year was a great one too with the release of the new album.

Not for those who were cancelled on.

Two thoughts:

Brooklyn, or at least the Beacon. Thanks!

Cuz we allllll know it's coming. I'm on edge until then. :)

I'm ready! If I recall correctly he gave us a week's notice last time.

Skip the west and make up the east. Or go east west if you do US so if you peter out NBD.

Here's hoping Buffy brings Moz into the Great White North for a tour date or two while he is in the neighborhood. Hoping more that BSM has seal meat on her rider. Trolls: don't call me racist for that. I really hope she challenges Moz's extremely narrow worldview.

Last edited:

yeesss. hoping like all this means more dates

US dates....I can feel it in my bones!

Looking forward to Moz and McCartney's duet of 'Meat is Murder'. That'll get 'em dancing in the aisles.

Is meat going to be allowed? I remember being at Coachella when he walked off because of the smoke coming from the food trucks. Wasn't my favorite Morrissey moment..anyway hope he comes to Los angeles and my prayers have been answered with Young gone from my life forever (hopefully)

I agree about the Beacon. Or the newly restored, gorgeous Kings Theater in Flatbush Brooklyn.
A $90 million dollar renovation is certainly worthy of hosting Morrissey. :D

Two thoughts:

Brooklyn, or at least the Beacon. Thanks!

Is meat going to be allowed? I remember being at Coachella when he walked off because of the smoke coming from the food trucks. Wasn't my favorite Morrissey moment..anyway hope he comes to Los angeles and my prayers have been answered with Young gone from my life forever (hopefully)

based on the area id think it very unusual for them not to serve meat. who knows though, i dont. i really hope he puts up another date as i really really dont wanna go there and thats the more civilized bit of it. hope he makes up his baltimore date

How long do you think before we get the dates announced?

Re: Article: Exclusive: Morrissey Confirmed To Play Firefly Music Fortune Green Jester Festival - Al

Here's hoping Buffy brings Moz into the Great White North for a tour date or two while he is in the neighborhood. Hoping more that BSM has seal meat on her rider. Trolls: don't call me racist for that. I really hope she challenges Moz's extremely narrow worldview.

sorry, WHO is the troll...?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom