As Friends Rust - Last of the Famous International Scumbags

I wouldn't be interested in Morrissey's reputation if he was (seemed to be) a right-wing racist who kept getting caught.

It's the fact that it's contestable & the reaction is like a moral panic that's interesting.

5hit, I go away for one day (just one day) & all hell breaks loose!! :rolleyes:

Central managing to be on the social justice side of an issue for five minutes seems to be causing over-excitment.

Final lyrics show a turn around in agenda. At the least the lynch mob decides at the end that life is less interesting once they’ve killed Moz.

I don't think he is though. I think he's always had issues around cultural markers & belonging to places. He talks & writes about it a lot in relation to himself. But in 2007 freedom of movement was a huge news topic, so those remarks were made part of that debate.
Is there ever a time that you simply look at life and have a point A to point B thought? Sometimes things are simple, and cigars are just cigars. Though the verdict is still out as to the authenticity of the pipe.

You protest too much Lefty. I bet you would’ve stayed after the Bauhaus set. Admit it.
I'm still quite bummed. I had a nice Devo/Morrissey mashup sticker drawn up that was going to be scattered like breadcrumbs by me throughout the day. Part of me would want to stay long enough to unfurl something and get M's panties in a twist, but I'd rather beat the festival crowd back to the car. It was a perfect opportunity to leave.

I'm still quite bummed. I had a nice Devo/Morrissey mashup sticker drawn up that was going to be scattered like breadcrumbs by me throughout the day. Part of me would want to stay long enough to unfurl something and get M's panties in a twist, but I'd rather beat the festival crowd back to the car. It was a perfect opportunity to leave.
Ha! You were yielding; using the ‘I will watch as a protest’ ploy. The old ones are the best.

Is there ever a time that you simply look at life and have a point A to point B thought? Sometimes things are simple, and cigars are just cigars. Though the verdict is still out as to the authenticity of the pipe.

Sometimes things aren't simple. So I point it out.

we're talking about Berlin you clueless creatures. clueless as your Master
How long has Morrissey been calling Berlin his ‘home city’?

I fear you’re humiliating yourself. It’s painful to watch, you poor child.

Er ist nicht ein Berliner...oder ein Hamburger, oder ein Frankfurter. Niemals.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s fashionable to pile on at the moment. However, a reasonable number of his statements and predictions are being proved prophetic at the moment

First
Song was good

second
I don’t agree about morrissey but that’s fine. They still seem cool

third
Yay for grade

Nerak, I truly believe that challenging you on here is futile because no matter what the topic is, your contribution will always be an endless river of apology for Morrissey. Always. You have a mindset where the blame for everything this man says and does can be deflected elsewhere, whether it's the fault of his nephew, the evils of the Internet, his lack of formal education, the music industry, other artists, the problems of ageing or the cultural legacy of the Irish diaspora. And not only do you exhaustively excuse his every move but you attempt to reframe and 'fansplain' it all to us in PR speak, as though you have a hotlink to his brain. I rarely waste time with 'fights' on here and I don't want one now, but if I jibe occasionally, this is why.
Waiting for you to define alt right

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom