• Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Years Of Refusal

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

Vegan

Something to do. Choose two. Let's say a situation arises where you can only keep two. A desert island or a post-apocalyptic USA wasteland after Trump destroys it. You can only keep two. Which two?

Last edited:
Always tough as many are close. I'd say arsenal and world peace at the moment. If you included bona drag as an album which to me it feels like that would probably be at number one. I used to put quarry over world peace but as I've sat with the album world peace has really grown on me and that's with me always having liked it. To list them I'd say right now it goes

Bona drag (I'll include it)
Arsenal
World peace
Quarry
Viva hate
Maladjusted (reissue)
Vauxhal (this and maladjusted are really close. Vauxhal hits higher highs but maladjusted is more consistent and has grown on me a lot)
Kill uncle
Refusal
Southpaw
Ringleader

If we were to include swords I'd put it above quarry or at least equal to

Something to do. Choose two. Let's say a situation arises where you can only keep two. A desert island or a post-apocalyptic USA wasteland after Trump destroys it. You can only keep two. Which two?
I chose "Your Arsenal."

Regards,

NIGEL FARAGE
Trump Tower, New York

Foxhole and Worldpeace.

World Peace is fantastic and I love the clean production. The drums are incredible and Morrissey's voice has never sounded more incredible. I love how he sings "mausoleum" on Kiss Me a Lot.

C'mon you malcontents we need more votes. Seriously, this poll is the mother of all polls and will have grave consequences on each one of your miserable lives.

Thinking about "which two would I want to listen to for the rest of my life" and "which do I think is the best" gave me different answers.

I'd want to listen to "Your Arsenal" and "Quarry" for the rest of my life, because I feel there is a wider range of styles across those two albums than the others.

For "best," I'd have to say "World Peace" would be up there in favor of the production and vocal performance.

C'mon you malcontents we need more votes. Seriously, this poll is the mother of all polls and will have grave consequences on each one of your miserable lives.

C'mon you satisfied, lazy and happy Moz-fans, now is your chance to prove you are really a sad and miserable bunch, but...have an impeccable brilliant musical taste which distinguish you lot from the mediocre, brainwashed, boring average. :)

always loved the production on world peace,my two are quarry and refusal but will probably change a week on Wednesday.depends on mood and the weather outside,

I think my top two would be 'World of Morrissey' and 'Greatest Hits'.

I chose Vauxhall and Maladjusted, both for the same reasons: their consistency, their warmth, their melancholy, the strong melodies, the personal and honest lyrics and fine vocals. Vauxhall is superior thanks to its production and for having slightly stronger songs and higher highs.

Looks like we have a clear winner here (Vauxhall) but what is the second best? Your Arsenal? You Are The Quarry? Viva Hate? If you haven't voted here's your chance to settle a mystery that has long plagued mankind.

Mine are ever changing. A couple of years ago I definitely would have said Your Arsenal and Vauxhall, but I've been playing Southpaw, Maladjusted and Kill Uncle a lot recently and they are all great albums. The fact that they are all so different is something that really appeals to me. And that's the reason why I prefer Moz's solo stuff to the smiths.

Mine are ever changing. A couple of years ago I definitely would have said Your Arsenal and Vauxhall, but I've been playing Southpaw, Maladjusted and Kill Uncle a lot recently and they are all great albums. The fact that they are all so different is something that really appeals to me. And that's the reason why I prefer Moz's solo stuff to the smiths.

I have exactly the same experience.
And albums that I didn't enjoy as much as others later (cliché-alert!) grew on me.
For me personally a sign of great music.
The result of the poll will be very much of as it is now.
It's still too early to tell yet what is his greatest album.

And Your Arsenal moves comfortably into the #2 spot. More votes are needed as it's obvious many board members are certainly too cool to vote. Please condescend and vote in my uncool poll.

Vauxhall, then a toss up between Arsenal and Quarry

Production values are good on WPINOYB and it is an enjoyable album, but the quality of the song writing is nowhere near those three above

Back
Top Bottom