Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
0-1_xvedyh.jpg

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

0-15_hc6500.jpg

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

Adjustments_it90m5.jpg

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

0-1_ihcndd.png

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Uncredited art above by rdrg.art and bezerkartwerk via Instagram.

20201116_132458.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped

That was going to be my question in the other thread where the 'drop by bmg' has been mentioned. No need now then.
Little man, what now? I ask...

So it's confirmed then.

Waiting for the full interview.
The mysterious Valerie Pearson strikes again...

I honestly hope he's going to take the self-publishing route, but I doubt it.

Lol

Dropped and scrapped in November 2020 when planned to release in 2020. Sure, Morrissey. Sure.

That explains why there has been no further announcement about the reissues I suppose.

A real shame considering his recent albums have sold reasonably well... All the bad publicity hasn't massively harmed record sales. Are BMG really being hurt by the association?

I doubt he will struggle to find another label, but he might struggle a little to find a big label.

The message states (#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), It didn't chart in either the French or the USA's official charts?

The message states (#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), It didn't chart in either the French or the USA's official charts?
I'm not sure that's actually important though, is it?

As per an article from February this year:

"As part of the new structure, Korda Marshall has extended his deal with BMG after five successful years since the sale of his Infectious Music label to the company. He will continue to A&R artists such as The DMA'S, alt-J, RY X, Richard Ashcroft and Morrissey as well as a string of recent new signings to be announced shortly."

The Alistair Norbury quote is from 2016 - not really relevant given he's had 3 years with them since Alistair's appointment.

Regards,
FWD.

Ah, so that's the interview.

They did decide he was too difficult to deal with.

Defiance isn't going to help get him a new label, but at least he's not ready to die in a ditch yet.
It's not the interview. Apparently, they're quotes pulled from the interview chosen by ... Valerie Pearson (mentioned on Central before).

"above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly."

(I chuckle everytime they write "printed" with regards to Central.)

I know I repeat myself, but as someone once said, ‘this story is old but it goes on’...

It’s just pathetic, wishy washy, hand wringing, achingly earnest, right on woke virtue signalling from the metropolitan left wing liberal elite, pandering to the XR/BLM/Corbyn supporter types.

Morrissey is better off without them, he’ll find a label somewhere. Even if he doesn’t, f*** them. Let’s see how long some of these new ‘diverse’ acts last. Sounds like reverse discrimination to me.

Like the Rooney rule in America.

So it's confirmed then.

Waiting for the full interview.
The mysterious Valerie Pearson strikes again...

I honestly hope he's going to take the self-publishing route, but I doubt it.

He can't even organize Central. He'd have to find a team.

It's not the interview. Apparently, they're quotes pulled from the interview chosen by ... Valerie Pearson (mentioned on Central before).

"above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly."

(I chuckle everytime they write "printed" with regards to Central.)

I meant that's the reason for the interview.

I take it they were suggesting he behaved himself & did normal publicity & he's been refusing & it finally collapsed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom