Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two abiding Skinny memories. His last Morrissey gig (Bradford 2011) holding court outside the pub, shouting at anyone who would take him on. Then 3 weeks later, after his “boss” got booted out of Copenhagen, Skinny bottled the Vicar St gig. All rather amusing.
FWD is next on the exclusion list, when Moz finds out who you are.
Literally none of this is true. You may want to try a little harder.

Perhaps there were talks of a new contract with BMG when this one ended, which have not come to fruition, hence the being dropped reference. His contract was fulfilled apart from proposed reissues. Another ending in 2020 so soon after his mothers death. At least the tone is defiant which is a good sign.
So how does that get him what he wants? He himself is railing against the dumping, do you think he's pleased?

Explain how this dumping will lead him to a glorious future.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.
The right-wing market is huge. The modern looney left forget that. Dropping Morrissey doesn't fit with BMG's 'diversity' claim.

No idea where your screenshot was taken from but Simpson interviewed Jo Slee for the article this is referring to but the quote in question is not attributed to her but an anonymous "recently cast aside insider".

The source is:

Manchester's Answer To The H-Bomb
How it all blew up for Morrissey and The Smiths by Dave Simpson, Uncut, August 1998.

Thanks!

I got it from the trashy bio.

You know I was speculating about Morrissey & magic - Lynn Barber noticed it too.

Irish cursing.

20201116_184700.jpg

Also - I thought Sorrow was about Joyce, but it's about Weeks & he's mad because 2 versions of the truth can't exist in law.

It must be like Alice In Wonderland in Morrissey's head. 🙃

Is she the East Side Informant? Being off the record?

View attachment 65604
Oh, reading that, I'm not sure - perhaps it wasn't Slee then? God, that passage is bleak and it just sums up what we were just saying about being unable to get along with people. "He's cut everybody out and is back where he was before fame, only stuck in a hotel room.. with his mother running everything." And you get the feeling from his nomadic life that not much has changed, except his Mum isn't here now.

Oh, reading that, I'm not sure - perhaps it wasn't Slee then? God, that passage is bleak and it just sums up what we were just saying about being unable to get along with people. "He's cut everybody out and is back where he was before fame, only stuck in a hotel room.. with his mother running everything." And you get the feeling from his nomadic life that not much has changed, except his Mum isn't here now.

Yeah, it is very sad.

There is a lot of damage there & some very bad coping mechanisms.

Well, that's one take. Problem is he just likes spending other people's money too much, so being with a label affords him that. It really is that simple.
As opposed to all those other legendary pop stars throughout the history of popular recorded music who did it for free or with their own cash...?

Times change, Moz hasn't. It's common enough.

Two abiding Skinny memories. His last Morrissey gig (Bradford 2011) holding court outside the pub, shouting at anyone who would take him on. Then 3 weeks later, after his “boss” got booted out of Copenhagen, Skinny bottled the Vicar St gig. All rather amusing.
FWD is next on the exclusion list, when Moz finds out who you are.
Stevie could save time and make a list of those still willing to attend.

Contrary to the delusional opinions of many on this forum, Morrissey is not a significant figure in music anymore. He hasn't written a good song or had anything remotely resembling a hit in decades. He is only of use to a record label as a legacy act. And when they're running the numbers at the end of an album cycle and the abysmal sales performance is undeniable, then his value plummets even further.

It's only about money.

Thanks!

I got it from the trashy bio.

You know I was speculating about Morrissey & magic - Lynn Barber noticed it too.

Irish cursing.

View attachment 65606

Also - I thought Sorrow was about Joyce, but it's about Weeks & he's mad because 2 versions of the truth can't exist in law.

It must be like Alice In Wonderland in Morrissey's head. 🙃
It is an interesting take, but I do think Sorrow is mostly about Joyce, some lines make no sense otherwise.

"You lied
and you were believed
by a J.P. senile and vile
you pleaded and squealed
and you think you've won"

The trashy bio being Bret's book? I only have very vague memories of it.

I know, I know. But it was all sort of inevitable, wasn't it? Jo Slee said, "He is evil in a way that damaged people are.". She meant that he hurts people and in doing that, hurts himself, on and on in an endless loop. I think if you have a bit of an acquaintance with depression, it's easier to understand.

í think it was Saint Tony of Wilson who uttered that bon mot.

But í couldn't swear on Judge Weeks' wig about that...

Contrary to the delusional opinions of many on this forum, Morrissey is not a significant figure in music anymore. He hasn't written a good song or had anything remotely resembling a hit in decades. He is only of use to a record label as a legacy act. And when they're running the numbers at the end of an album cycle and the abysmal sales performance is undeniable, then his value plummets even further.

It's only about money.
What do you consider a ‘hit’. I’d hardly call his run of top 10s in the 2000’s ‘decades’ ago. And every studio album goes top 5.

This is the probaby the problem.

20201116_192209.jpg

They would have released a statement saying they were disgusted with his remarks by at least last November if that was all of it...

They need him to become good at his nemesis - marketing.

I wish he'd hire a social media manager who knows he's shy & depressive & can work round it.

This might be good news. Morrissey and his band mates could now write fantastic songs for the "I'm sorry" coming back album.

What do you consider a ‘hit’. I’d hardly call his run of top 10s in the 2000’s ‘decades’ ago. And every studio album goes top 5.
Quarry was almost 20 years ago. Most albums by artists with sizable fanbases will bubble up in the charts at the time of their release. What makes an album a hit is a sustained presence on the charts with the sales to back it up. Most Morrissey records plummet into the abyss a week after they come out.

The only good news about this is i will not be spending money for those fugly cd reissues.

This is the probaby the problem.

View attachment 65608

They would have released a statement saying they were disgusted with his remarks by at least last November if that was all of it...

They need him to become good at his nemesis - marketing.

I wish he'd hire a social media manager who knows he's shy & depressive & can work round it.
I'd love to see Morrissey try and do a Patreon. Can you imagine?

It is an interesting take, but I do think Sorrow is mostly about Joyce, some lines make no sense otherwise.

"You lied
and you were believed
by a J.P. senile and vile
you pleaded and squealed
and you think you've won"

The trashy bio being Bret's book? I only have very vague memories of it.

That's what I thought - but I think his focus might have been elsewhere, going by this:

20201116_193529.jpg

20201116_193435.jpg

He's not wrong about blathering & gabbling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom