Book: "The Smiths – The Day I Was There" by Richard Houghton (Sep. 29, 2019)

full

Special limited edition hardback numbered from 1-500 and signed by the author.

"The Smiths – The Day I Was There tells the story of The Smiths in the words of over 400 fans from Britain and the US. With memories from the earliest Smiths shows at UK clubs through to the last ever gig at London’s Brixton Academy, you’ll see a portrait of The Smiths from the perspective of fans, promoters and support acts with personal photographs, memorabilia, fascinating anecdotes and stories that have never been published before."

Publication date: 29th September 2019.
Price: UK £24.99 US $32.00

Cover photo by Stephen Wright.

https://thisdayinmusicbooks.com/books/the-smiths-the-day-i-was-there/

The book was announced in January and featured here.

It's written by Richard Houghton.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon why doeus eveury sequential fouto ouf this ridiculous Smiuths pic in front of the Brittish YMCA make fat Andy thinner and thinner? I reckon I hate the Smiths almost as much as The California Son hates the Smiths mates inn n nnnn nnnnnnnn n n nnn n c*** wacker tit.

"Oh.. in America
It brought you the hamburger
Oh well America you know where
You can shove your hamburger
And don't you wonder
Why in Estonia they say
Hey you big fat pig
You fat pig, You fat pig
"

Should the person who wrote and sang these lyrics go back to where they came from?

your like a 3 year kid who says on everything no,
but your 14 and the word is rascist

The Smiths were/are and always be the most influential band from the 80s in the UK.
ignore him hes the biggest asshole on here.

I see this cover for the new Smiths book is by photographer Stephen Wright who said the band were freezing cold when they were taken in the middle of Dec.
I dont know when Steven Wright took the picture but i know Kevin Cummins went back with the band when snow was on the ground. Do you have them mixed up?

"Oh.. in America
It brought you the hamburger
Oh well America you know where
You can shove your hamburger
And don't you wonder
Why in Estonia they say
Hey you big fat pig
You fat pig, You fat pig
"

Should the person who wrote and sang these lyrics go back to where they came from?

The California Son wrote this song years ago when he was at a low point in sales in the USA, so lazy anti-American terrorists like you in estonia or whatever foreign backwards shit hole you are from can keep buying and buying from the mporium uk so he won't have to tour your shit hole countries to get your money, while The California Son is playing basketball, eating jalapeno ranch french fries with extra guac, drinking coffee, and getting a sun tan on the beach in Malibu. Real American things. When was the last time he even played this song live? It was really a jab at places like Pittsburgh and the Midwest. What's ironic is that you foreigners are what keep McDonalds, Burger King, and KFC in business. They haven't made profits in the USA since the 80's. There is a reason why he calls himself THE CALIFORNIA SON. He was born in Moz Angeles dumbass.

Promo video for the book:

Regards,
FWD.

I heard someone talking about this book on the radio, sounds very interesting.

full

Special limited edition hardback numbered from 1-500 and signed by the author.

"The Smiths – The Day I Was There tells the story of The Smiths in the words of over 400 fans from Britain and the US. With memories from the earliest Smiths shows at UK clubs through to the last ever gig at London’s Brixton Academy, you’ll see a portrait of The Smiths from the perspective of fans, promoters and support acts with personal photographs, memorabilia, fascinating anecdotes and stories that have never been published before."

Publication date: 29th September 2019.
Price: UK £24.99 US $32.00

Cover photo by Stephen Wright.

https://thisdayinmusicbooks.com/books/the-smiths-the-day-i-was-there/

The book was announced in January and featured here.

It's written by Richard Houghton.

Regards,
FWD.

Just got my copy in the post, very pleased, loads of great stories! I bought from the publishers who are selling limited editions of this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom