Brett Anderson

I can't believe this incredible person is 50 now. And next Suede's album is coming.

I can't believe this incredible person is 50 now. And next Suede's album is coming.

50 is the new 40.
60 will be the new 50.
So we just all gained 10 years out of nowhere.
It's magic.

Suede and Brett are amazing. The Night Thoughts/hits tour in Galway Arts Festival was spectacular. Can't wait for the next album. Pure genius. I got to shake his hand and hold him up while he was singing in the middle of the front rows. Top concert.

f***ing brilliant!
Great singer and sincere.
Truly great music.
Grabs you by the heart. :clap:
Exactly! By the heart. And Quando, despite the fact the world is f***ed up, isn't it great to be alive and to be able to appreciate great music and to look forward to new Moz album and other exciting albums? I say yes.

Exactly! By the heart. And Quando, despite the fact the world is f***ed up, isn't it great to be alive and to be able to appreciate great music and to look forward to new Moz album and other exciting albums? I say yes.

As many times I agreed with you, I agree with you here too. Acton! :thumb:
And the world being f***ed up, it's too big for us anyway.
We can only do our little, very small part on an individual, basic level.
Trying to be nice and gentle, and friendly to other people initially, as long as they don't f*** you up.
In the meantime, it doesn't get us anywhere to be sour, bitter or cynical.
Music is a wonderful, magical thing and we should enjoy it.
I can't think up ANY reason why we shouldn't.
If that new Suede album has anything as valuable as 12inch posted I'm going all the way for it. :thumb:

"He’ll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie."
Morrissey- on what he thinks of Brett Anderson

Good one, Morrissey.:thumb:

"He’ll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie."
Morrissey- on what he thinks of Brett Anderson

Good one, Morrissey.:thumb:

At least Moz forgave Jesus for being him. I mean Moz. :)
I don't care about all the bitching as long as they make great music and they do.
Both. :thumb:

oh that was so beautiful! i cried!

24 years and a few thousand listens later this song can still move me to tears.

Studio version:

f***ing brilliant!
Great singer and sincere.
Truly great music.
Grabs you by the heart. :clap:

They've gotten a lot of criticism for being "poseurs". I always thought that was a bit unfair, always thought of them as a sincere band myself.

This is from their last album Night Thoughts. They are still capable of making wonderful music that, as you say, grabs you by heart.

(BTW It's "the fox and the geese", not "the f***s and the gays")

They've gotten a lot of criticism for being "poseurs". I always thought that was a bit unfair, always thought of them as a sincere band myself.

This is from their last album Night Thoughts. They are still capable of making wonderful music that, as you say, grabs you by heart.

(BTW It's "the fox and the geese", not "the f***s and the gays")

they wore their influences on their sleeves, but unlike other Britpop crap, Suede actually did something beautiful and original with it.

Those first two records are a must own for any serious music listener or... animal lover. ;)

they wore their influences on their sleeves, but unlike other Britpop crap, Suede actually did something beautiful and original with it.

Those first two records are a must own for any serious music listener or... animal lover. ;)

Yes, most apparent influence being that of David Bowie's singing voice but there are songs of Brett and Suede that escape it somehow and that song 12inch posted did that, well to me. Like it was nothing that would stand in the way of how he did that song. Really love it. :thumb:

Yeah, this thread is prompting another dust-off from the early Suede stuff...back when I actually took the NME seriously, yes you read that right folks!

When all is said and done from the Britpop years it's only The Manics and Suede that still resonate for me. How about everyone else here?

Back
Top Bottom