Morrissey Central CNN and Health Warning! (April 23, 2020)

full

full

what I have learned over the years about bbc journalists is the word BUT,they will start saying all the good things the government are doing then they will throw in a hand grenade with the word BUT on it then reel off their idea of the bad news.
bbc hate the tories because the licence fee could be scrapped under their watch.

Considering mental health is as relevant as physical health, a considerable distance from media is advisable.

Two contradictory posts.
At first it appears to be contradictory. But, when you think a bit further about it you may translate it as meaning: Oh, CNN (huge mainstream media representative) mentioning Morrissey's music? Wow!

... and then follows a statement.

Private Eye carries the same joke in a cartoon in their latest edition! Great miinds, etc...

Morrissey Central has to be the most useful website ever created. /s

I like the fact that they got it grammatically correct:
"To quote Morrissey, every day is like Sunday."

1-0 to the pedants!

At first it appears to be contradictory. But, when you think a bit further about it you may translate it as meaning: Oh, CNN (huge mainstream media representative) mentioning Morrissey's music? Wow!

... and then follows a statement.
not quite sure if i got your point. do you mean it's an ironic contrast? or self-deprecating humour?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom