Collection for sale

why is roys keen 200 quid

A near mint copy of Roy's Keen was sold for 89 euros / 100$ on 2 May 2019 according to popsike.com
So your offer for a near mint is quite over the top !!!

29 mar, £126.

Is it a bit of a rip off? Aye, but is it absurd, no. Once you’re talking £126 on those, is £200 really that much different? Minus Discogs 8%, minus PayPal’s 4%. All his prices are “high” in comparison to what they normally sell for, even the common 12s, but that’s how he values them. I reckon he’s had them from the start, bought brand new, do you lot realise how hard it is to part with something you’ve held on to for 20-30 years. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.

I've priced all of it in-line with what it would cost to buy similar in condition (on Discogs, admittedly), and tried to undercut the cheapest UK seller in that condition. I don't mind how quickly it does or doesn't sell. As @ordinaryboy86 says; had them a long time, and most of it is my Dad's. We've loved owning it; we're ready not to; this is how we value it :)

Buyer shouldn't pay for the seller's sentimentality?

Buyer shouldn't pay for the seller's sentimentality?

oh f*** off, you don’t know nowt about buying records. There is no RRP on second hand records. They can go for absolutely anything. Cos you seen one sell for £126 does that mean they’re all worth £126? Explain your thinking before you start digging people out for selling their prized possessions

oh f*** off, you don’t know nowt about buying records. There is no RRP on second hand records. They can go for absolutely anything. Cos you seen one sell for £126 does that mean they’re all worth £126? Explain your thinking before you start digging people out for selling their prized possessions
I have

what so every single Roy’s Keen 12” is worth £126, no more, no less? Regardless of grade, regardless of how much the buyer forked out on it in the first place? £126 is the number, good to know ??
Yeah the amount the owner paid is not relevant to the value, correct, unless it was acquired fairly recently. That’s ‘the market’.

Yeah the amount the owner paid is not relevant to the value, correct, unless it was acquired fairly recently. That’s ‘the market’.

The “value” is whatever it’s worth to the buyer/winning bidder on the day, and it fluctuates, I sold one for £170 last month ??‍♂️ are they all worth 170 now then? You lot are insufferable, it’s not like he’s robbing off your nan. He’s asking 200 for the rarest Morrissey U.K. 12” in mint condition.

The “value” is whatever it’s worth to the buyer/winning bidder on the day, and it fluctuates, I sold one for £170 last month ??‍♂️ are they all worth 170 now then? You lot are insufferable, it’s not like he’s robbing off your nan. He’s asking 200 for the rarest Morrissey U.K. 12” in mint condition.
lol you confirmed it was 'a bit of a rip off' a few hours ago.

Mid September - £205 on eBay
If you don’t wanna buy the above; don’t.
Good luck to the seller.

Back
Top Bottom