"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Spotify lists That's Entertainment first, Cosmic Dancer second.

Shame they fell out, seems to happen a lot with Moz.

I wonder why?

Still unbelievable that DB passing merited not one word of praise when average b list US actors can summon forth pages of text on his website...

Bowie doing his best Leonard Cohen impression as usual on this one. The man absolutely could not sing

I wonder why?

Still unbelievable that DB passing merited not one word of praise when average b list US actors can summon forth pages of text on his website...
Typical behaviour from Moz. And all because he didn’t like Bowie eating comd cuts in front of him.

Also on YouTube:

Screenshot_20210219-043540~2.png

Comments are disabled for some reason (unlike Cosmic Dancer).
The video appeared a while ago and without notification despite them being on which was odd (edit: this appears to be due to it being added to a playlist rather than showing as a standard uploaded video).
Regards,
FWD.

Also on YouTube:

View attachment 68803

The video appeared a while ago and without notification despite them being on which was odd (edit: this appears to be due to it being added to a playlist rather than showing as a standard uploaded video).
Regards,
FWD.

Am I misremembering this? Didn't Vic Reeves (Jim Moir) also do backing vocals on this? There was a falling out after the consumer monkey issue....have I got this wrong?

Am I misremembering this? Didn't Vic Reeves (Jim Moir) also do backing vocals on this? There was a falling out after the consumer monkey issue....have I got this wrong?
He got a credit of sorts on the Sing Your Life release credits:
"With thanks to Jim Moir"

He was in the studio at the time of recording (probably 'merry') - so make of that what you will!
No formal 'vocals by...'
Regards,
FWD.

I wonder why?

He's said that he mentions a star's death if he feels they didn't get enough publicity.

Bowie got acres of coverage & still does.

Also on YouTube:

View attachment 68803

Regards,
FWD.

Roger Manning? I thought he didn’t join the Moz fold until Quarry?

Roger Manning? I thought he didn’t join the Moz fold until Quarry?
Given he's been around recently on CS & Dog et al, I'd suggest some aspect of the 'reworking' or new instrumentation on this track is down to him.
Regards,
FWD.

So, the death of Kirk Douglas didn't get enough coverage?

No, he thinks the old Hollywood stars were so big that it should be more than an item on the news & an article in the paper.

I think he's thinking funeral of Valentino - or Jade Goody.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom