Could Marr and Morrissey Meet up in NYC?

Indeed.

The idea that JM would want anything to do with the forever tarnished Morrissey is laughable.

Indeed. And a little unbelievably, Marr has actually now become a successful singer than Morrissey. Yes, 'singer'! Marr's last single received generous airplay around the country. Morrissey's Cailfornia Son songs have been ignored despite well known guest singers.
This would be like Morrissey becoming a more successful guitarist than Marr.
It really is quite amazing.

Morrissey will always be bigger and more important of an artist then JM will ever be. Morrissey is a proud Englishman who loves his country. The only British artist with the balls to speak truth regardless of consequences. Irish blood, English heart
Yes, he loves his country so much he doesn't live in it, preferring to dodge the taxman in Switzerland.

Morrissey has been acting like a tool (and saying completely ridiculous, inflammatory things) since 1982. Johnny is probably well-versed in his media histrionics by now and I'm sure he knows Moz a lot better than we do.

I don’t think there was ever a time in the Smiths where Johnny was repulsed by anything Morrissey said, no matter how inflammatory. He found it mischievous, something to have a giggle at, even if not completely agreeing, he could still see the aim & respect the sentiment. A lots changed since then, and Morrissey has made some abhorrent statements, even by his standards. Statements you can’t begin to defend or see the sense in. There’s a senility in some of Morrissey’s behaviour now that’s distancing even some of his most ardent fans. I can’t see Johnny Marr ever wanting anything to do with him again.

I don’t think there was ever a time in the Smiths where Johnny was repulsed by anything Morrissey said, no matter how inflammatory. He found it mischievous, something to have a giggle at, even if not completely agreeing, he could still see the aim & respect the sentiment. A lots changed since then, and Morrissey has made some abhorrent statements, even by his standards. Statements you can’t begin to defend or see the sense in. There’s a senility in some of Morrissey’s behaviour now that’s distancing even some of his most ardent fans. I can’t see Johnny Marr ever wanting anything to do with him again.

His views are only distancing low IQ people. What views exactly are so abhorrent?

His views are only distancing low IQ people. What views exactly are so abhorrent?

Your name makes me think that even if I presented you with numerous quotes & harmful Morrissey comments, you’d bat them away and find some crazy justification for them. I have no interest in engaging with lunatics like you on this forum.

Your name makes me think that even if I presented you with numerous quotes & harmful Morrissey comments, you’d bat them away and find some crazy justification for them. I have no interest in engaging with lunatics like you on this forum.

Well then by all means post these "abhorrent" quotes. I don't believe you can actually provide any

Well then by all means post these "abhorrent" quotes. I don't believe you can actually provide any

Your right. Lets just agree that the Chinese are a subspecies. And victims of sexual abuse, especially minors, and their parents have to be more culpable for the ordeals they went through. Taken out of context, misquoted, ill timed or ill thought out, bail him out how you wish, but he’s crossed so many lines and needlessly hurt and offended so many people. Like I said, I call it senility, like a demented granda that needs locked in the cupboard when people come around to visit!

Your right. Lets just agree that the Chinese are a subspecies. And victims of sexual abuse, especially minors, and their parents have to be more culpable for the ordeals they went through. Taken out of context, misquoted, ill timed or ill thought out, bail him out how you wish, but he’s crossed so many lines and needlessly hurt and offended so many people. Like I said, I call it senility, like a demented granda that needs locked in the cupboard when people come around to visit!

Provide the actual quotes not your paraphrases . I never heard any of these so until you can provide actual quotes with context than i assume you're full of shit.

So not only can you not provide these statements from Morrissey but you would also lock your grandpa in a closet for visitors as to not embarrass yourself around your stupid friends.

Provide the actual quotes not your paraphrases . I never heard any of these so until you can provide actual quotes with context than i assume you're full of shit.

2010: Discussing animal cruelty in China, Morrissey tells The Guardian, “You can’t help but feel that the Chinese people are a subspecies.” - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture.../Chinese-are-subspecies-claims-Morrissey.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42321857

However, he then appeared to cast doubt on the accounts of several people who accused Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault after being invited into their homes or hotel rooms.

"People know exactly what's going on and they play along," he reportedly said.

"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.

"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."

Last edited:
  • 2010: Discussing animal cruelty in China, Morrissey tells The Guardian, “You can’t help but feel that the Chinese people are a subspecies.”

However, he then appeared to cast doubt on the accounts of several people who accused Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault after being invited into their homes or hotel rooms.

"People know exactly what's going on and they play along," he reportedly said.

"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.

"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."
Ok, I appreciate someone took time to provide something of a quote. Well i can see people judging that quote. Morrissey being such an anti-meat person i am not too surprised he views eating dogs as grotesque and uncultured. Doesn't offend me but to each there own, not much i have opinion on there.

As for the Spacey/Weinstein refferences well Moz has been in the industry for decades, he knows the way people do things in it. I certainly don't support pedophiles but those woman Weinstein used, they are just as disgusting as him

I couldn’t be arsed even fishing out these quotes for the troll “GodEmperorMorrissey” but here you go, this is another shocker. About Spacey coming under fire for sexual assault allegations.

“I think it's absurd, because as far as I understand the situation, he [Spacey] was in a hotel room with a 14-year-old. Well, Kevin Spacey was 26, the boy was 14. You have to wonder where the boy's parents were. You have to assume that the boy had an inkling of what might possibly happen”.

Back
Top Bottom