Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."

From The Times. October 2020.

Why did he even think that he had a chance of working with Morrissey.

:lbf:

stupid boy

:cool:

Or- funnily, this sort of ongoing behavior has never been tolerated by decent people with intelligence and the integrity to go along with it. He's a relic of a dead age, as is his contemptible behavior. People are fed up and voting with their dollars. And it would appear that Morrissey is losing that vote in a landslide. But he'll just cry fake news and blame someone else, never taking any responsibility for his statements or actions. Kind of like a certain bloated orange toad that is facing similar contempt and abandonment for his behavior in America. I'm starting to think they're long lost brothers at this point.
Only four more years, little one. Take heart.

Only four more years, little one. Take heart.
^This clown. Lol! Nice hat, Sweet-tits. Is that a hand-me-down from your Uncle Rube’s closet, or did it come free - with your subscription to “Guns and Ammo”?

Around Ringleader. He started buying his own mythology and becoming a queasy, ill tempered caricature of his former self. I noticed after three Morrissey shows in a row where he seemed almost angry to be there. You could nearly see the invisible time clock at the side of the stage- clock in, run through the set (largely the same set over several tours) and clock out. It was not the celebratory joy onstage or off that I had previously associated with his concerts, and I saw my last one 5 years ago before saying enough is enough.

You might well have a point there. He was at the peak of his commercial success at that time: he had engineered a triumphant comeback, he was selling out large venues and headlining major festivals, and obviously making a lot of money. My view is that he wanted to hold on to his stardom from there onwards, and when it didn't happen, disappointment sat in, he started to react very negatively to the changes in the world surrounding him, and looking for scapegoats.

Unlike you, I don't feel he has lost it completely artistically, and his voice is as beautiful as ever. I still enjoy listening to his music, old and new songs. But you can detect a harder tone in some of his recent lyrics too.

To end on a brighter note, I am pleasantly surprised that he exchanged some hilarious mails with Damon Albarn. He still has that better side to him, just a pity he doesn't share that as often anymore.

skinnys very own five a side team are out in force tonight.
he says its all about the money,wonder how much dough skinflint has spent on M over the years.

Moz's wonderful voice over a Gorillaz track would be great. But he's right - Moz is not a collaborator. Perish the thought.
I loved Interlude with Moz & Siouxsie. He does a good job with Thelma Houston on Bobby but I guess she was more of a guest singer than a collaborator. A Moz Suede collab would be great but Brett is too canny for that.

skinnys very own five a side team are out in force tonight.
he says its all about the money,wonder how much dough skinflint has spent on M over the years.
Since he can’t sell more than a couple of thousand of his own records, I wonder how much Melvis has made off the shitty, sweatshop t-shirts he’s put out for the past 10 years. Also makes me wonder how many other people’s records he’s autographed and flogged at $300USD a pop.

...but he’s ALL about the music.

Fak Arf, Clown Shoes.

Why did he even think that he had a chance of working with Morrissey.

:lbf:

stupid boy

:cool:
He simply asked. ...and Melvis missed a boatload of new support by refusing. The Gorillas outsell Melvis 10:1. ...physical, digital, merch AND tickets.

Fak Arf.

I loved Interlude with Moz & Siouxsie. He does a good job with Thelma Houston on Bobby but I guess she was more of a guest singer than a collaborator. A Moz Suede collab would be great but Brett is too canny for that.
Don’t forget LP on it’s over again guest appearance rather than collab.
Its decent too.

A Moz/Suede colab would be like Pat Boone teaming up with the Monkeys for an afternoon variety special.

Since he can’t sell more than a couple of thousand of his own records, I wonder how much Melvis has made off the shitty, sweatshop t-shirts he’s put out for the past 10 years. Also makes me wonder how many other people’s records he’s autographed and flogged at $300USD a pop.

Fak Arf, Clown Shoes.
Share some T's with me...
These guys don’t seem to mind ...maybe a bit sweaty but I doubt the profiles of these guys would allow them to adorn sweat shop material.

Fak Arf, Clown Shoes.
would love a pair of clown shoes,after all its only a few days till haloween,my IT clown costume will look fantastic with a big pair of over-sized shoes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom