Dave Gahan’s Hourglass - Remixes Album

The Seeker of Good Songs

(Though I like Dave Gahan, I actually prefer Martin Gore's solo material more, and I prefer Martin's singing to Dave's. Dave pushes it too hard and ruins his vocals at live shows.

Also, Dave gets all the credit for his solo album, but he has two co-writers, whom I assume actually write the music and Dave does the lyrics but they receive no credit in any articles about the material.)

http://punk.bz/2008/01/24/depressed...epeche-mode-remixes-scheduled-for-march-11th/

January 24, 2008
DAVE GAHAN’S HOURGLASS - REMIXES
SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 11th RELEASE
ON MUTE/VIRGIN RECORDS
DAVE GAHAN will follow 2007’s HOURGLASS with a vinyl collection of remixes of songs from the critically acclaimed album. HOURGLASS - REMIXES, scheduled for March 11th release via Mute/Virgin Records, features Juan Maclean, Booka Shade, Kap10Kurt, Maps, T. Raumschmiere, Digitalism, Onur Ozer and Sebastien Leger taking on tracks such as hit single “Kingdom,” (recently #1 on Billboard’s Singles chart and #5 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart), “Deeper & Deeper,” “Use You” and “Saw Something” plus “Love Will Leave,” a b-side from the HOURGLASS sessions. The collection will mark the first time many of these versions have been released physically in the United States; numerous selections that have been available only as imports until now.

HOURGLASS - REMIXES, which will include a free CD, will be available exclusively through www.thinkindie.com, which services the best independent music retailers in America with exclusive and rare items that are not available via major chain and big-box stores. The bonus CD includes all eight tracks from the vinyl plus three additional remixes. Visit thinkindie.com for a complete list of outlets.

With his second solo album, the Depeche Mode front man emerged as a gifted songwriter, masterfully capturing man’s race against — and fear of running out of - time. Filter’s “Good Music Guide” called the album “astonishingly brilliant…squaring off with everything from nihilism to the tyranny of humans. And all the while aching for something of real value and consequence” while Rolling Stone noted: “Hourglass goes all the way electro…Gahan broods over God and humanity and the bleakness of existence in ballads like ‘Kingdom’ and ‘Saw Something.’ But he gets off a fantastic sex-hound growl in ‘Use You,’ with a gospel vibe recalling Songs of Faith and Devotion.”
GAHAN’s LIVE FROM SOHO, recorded in October at the Apple Store in New York City, was released on iTunes on December 18th and he recently performed on NPR’s “World Café.”

The HOURGLASS - REMIXES track listing is as follows:
VINYL
Side A:
1. Deeper & Deeper - Juan Maclean Club Mix
2. Kingdom - Booka Shade Club Remix
3. Love Will Leave - Kap10Kurt mix
4. Use You - Maps Remix
Side B:
1. Deeper & Deeper - T. Raumschmiere Remix Extended
2. Kingdom - Digitalism Remix
3. Saw Something - Onur Ozer
4. Deeper & Deeper - Sebastien Leger Remix
FREE CD
1. Deeper & Deeper - Juan Maclean Club Mix
2. Kingdom - Booka Shade Club Remix
3. Love Will Leave - Kap10Kurt mix
4. Use You - Maps Remix
5. Deeper & Deeper - T. Raumschmiere Remix Extended
6. Kingdom - Digitalism Remix
7. Saw Something - Onur Ozer
8. Deeper & Deeper - Sebastien Leger Remix
9. Kingdom - Rosario’s Big Room Vocal
10. Saw Something - Skreamix
11. Deeper & Deeper - SHRUBBN!! FX Instrumental

Thanks for the info. I had no idea of this and I'm even on the DM email list.

Back
Top Bottom