Dave Grohl compares Billie Eilish to Morrissey while discussing her music with Josh Homme - NME

Dave Grohl compares Billie Eilish to Morrissey while discussing her music with Josh Homme - NME

Excerpt:

The Foo Fighters frontman revealed he was a fan of the ‘Bad Guy’ pop star earlier this year, after his daughter began listening to her music. “Are you kidding?” Eilish said in response, explaining that she grew up on Grohl’s work.

Appearing on Josh Homme’s Alligator Hour radio show, the musician has now compared Eilish’s fanbase to that of the former Smiths singer – explaining how seeing her live for the first time “felt like you were a part of something that was just about to explode”.

“It’s the connection she has with her audience – she’s like Morrissey,” said Grohl. “It’s like the kids who are there at the show, and not just kids, the people that are there are just like they are so into the scene like that world.”

Homme, who said he listened to the singer on the recommendation of Grohl, agreed with the praise. “Yeah, something is starting,” he said of Eilish’s impact.

Untitled-9-620x394.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
“It’s like the kids who are there at the show, and not just kids, the people that are there are just like they are so into the scene like that world.”

Have they stopped teaching English in US schools?

I came to this thread expecting the usual drivel from Moz acolytes -- and I definitely got it. Billie Eilish is alright: her palette is clearly limited but she's barely seventeen and this is her debut album. Songs like Bury A Friend and You Should See Me In A Crown have an eerie quality and personality to them, which shows she has some kind of vision and talent absent in most current chart stars. People in their teens certainly would and should gravitate to something like this instead of Morrissey singing Wedding f***ing Bell Blues. This whispered minimalistic slightly menacing r'n'b might be the only thing Billie Eilish can do, but at the moment I find it rather interesting. Most people who actually like pop music realize this, but then again, this site is dedicated to a 60-year old man singing Vegas karaoke versions of 50 year old songs, so it's no wonder Eilish draws a blank around here.

Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters on the other hand are just f***ing horrible.

There's a feeling I get when I listen to her or watch Billie moments on film. It's a kind of joy I can't get from anything else.

I love how empowered she makes me feel whenever I listen to any songs. I can cry and listen to any songs of hers. I can cry when I hear her voice crack because she's crying too. I can listen to these songs on loop and never get tired of it. Every part of her is too amazing to be simpled up into a genre. She can cry, smile and joke almost right after, and that shows how strong she is. She sings with her fans in concerts and jumps around. She doesn't care how people think of her, but at the same time will speak out for other people. Her personality and music just screams "Billie Eilish". I'm so lucky to have discovered her and be alive and be able to witness all of this.
I've had a listen and she's certainly got something, I like the Crown song & Bad Guy. Saying this it does sort of reek manufactured, but at the same time it's not a bad listen. I would point out though, when it comes to controversy and actually being Bad she isn't gonna get near Moz, I love how he's so bad in such a pleasant way, you can't teach that.

I came to this thread expecting the usual drivel from Moz acolytes -- and I definitely got it. Billie Eilish is alright: her palette is clearly limited but she's barely seventeen and this is her debut album. Songs like Bury A Friend and You Should See Me In A Crown have an eerie quality and personality to them, which shows she has some kind of vision and talent absent in most current chart stars. People in their teens certainly would and should gravitate to something like this instead of Morrissey singing Wedding f***ing Bell Blues. This whispered minimalistic slightly menacing r'n'b might be the only thing Billie Eilish can do, but at the moment I find it rather interesting. Most people who actually like pop music realize this, but then again, this site is dedicated to a 60-year old man singing Vegas karaoke versions of 50 year old songs, so it's no wonder Eilish draws a blank around here.

Agree, young teens relating to a teen, nothing wrong with that. Someday when they grow they may enjoy someone with a little more substance.

Though comparing her shows and the fans reaction to The Smiths beginnings or Morrissey
is a bit screwy.

When I watched her stage performances,etc I see nothing new, nothing as new or original as what The Smiths/Morrissey has brought and continues to bring to the table.

So I just don’t understand what D.G is saying.

Dull and humorless. Music for a sociopath culture. Girlfriend in a Coma without the punchline. If Davis Grohl is promoting this, one might question Kurt Cobain’s suicide.

Josh Homme is so gross. I’m still coming to terms with PJ Harvey running around with him. She had the worst taste in men. Still not as bad as Morrissey with Michael Stipe..,

Agree, young teens relating to a teen, nothing wrong with that. Someday when they grow they may enjoy someone with a little more substance.

Though comparing her shows and the fans reaction to The Smiths beginnings or Morrissey
is a bit screwy.

When I watched her stage performances,etc I see nothing new, nothing as new or original as what The Smiths/Morrissey has brought and continues to bring to the table.

So I just don’t understand what D.G is saying.
Dave Grohl is kind of that guy you have to tolerate because he's nice but he's annoying and I wouldn't really spend much time working out his thoughts on this.
I'm just sorry he made up with Courtney Love because I loved it when she would talk shit about him.

She doesn't have a vision. Her "vision" is manufactured. She is a more edgy and vapid version of Lorde used by interscope to target troubled , nihilistic young girls

Josh Homme is so gross. I’m still coming to terms with PJ Harvey running around with him. She had the worst taste in men. Still not as bad as Morrissey with Michael Stipe..,
PJ Harvey is an avid supporter of fox hunting so she is obviously not very bright and is completely heartless.

Eh possibly. But the plastics from her cds alone have probably destroyed many more millions than one pure beautiful fox (which used to prey on the chickens in the henhouse in my youth, one every night until they were all gone).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom