Dear God vs. Birthday

Which song is better?

• Dear God, Please Help Me

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • It's Not your Birthday Anymore

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • I don't like either, they both are a disgrace.

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

alma matters

The songs are somewhat comparable. Which one is better?

Dear God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Birthday

Last edited:
hmmmm

:confused:

People compare Birthday and Pigsty.

I'm sorry your poll missed the right target.

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore was the first track that 'hit the spot' when I first listened to YOR, so it gets my vote.

See, I don't compare Birthday to Pigsty at all. THAT to me is like bicycles and aeroplanes.

But Dear God and Birthday...I do find somewhat similar, especially with the sexual references.

I compare 'Pigsty' more to 'You Were Good In Your Time'.

Anyway, out of these two, definitely 'Birthday', both lyrically and overall. :love:

I do think it's funny all the fuss and hoo ha about the "explosive kegs" on Dear God by reviewers of "Ringleaders"and no mention really of the "right here right now on the floor" and "peel it back and bite me" stuff on "It's Not Your Birthday..." and "Something Is Squeezing My Skull".

Oh wow! I tipped the scales, Birthday 11 - Dear God 10. Birthday is GORGEOUS - better than anything on ringleader - can't wait to see it live this summer. :D

But Kewpie, we've seen sillier polls. ;)

Birthday gets my vote.

I like Birthday. DGPHM sorta creeps me out.

Correction: I like Birthday A LOT.

l like the liveversion of dear god much much better than the studio version .
listen to the very clear live version of his berlin 2006 concert (recorded for radio)...his voice sounds soo ..hmmmm. on it.
...so the studio version is lacking compared to the live version
.btwi find it quite regrettable that the music ennio morricone recorded was not used more broad/to the foreground
I like the way he worked his voice on birthday but i like the dear god lyrics very much ..but the studio version..hmmm
.so undecided yet..
ive heard from someone who attneded the gig-washington,dc- where birthday was played that "birthday" sounded great live

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom