Denver, CO - Ellie Caulkins Opera House (May 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Fatah Ruark

• Morrissey at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, 5-17-14 (photos, review) by Ricardo Baca - Reverb (24 photos total). Link posted by CrystalGeezer.

denver.jpg
  • Morrissey was tackled onstage by a fan, but his long-delayed show was a triumph anyway by Josiah Hesse (4 photos by Eric Gruneisen) - Denver Westword blogs

Last edited:
Disrupting a song and possibly ending a concert is very selfish. Those needing a hug this much should rethink it.
If you have to get onstage, amaranta did it right. I applaud her for being respectful and gentle with Morrissey.

To all the people whining about how Moz or somebody else could have been seriously hurt, it seems very hypocritical to then go on to say that you hope that somebody hurts Guillaume. Seriously?? This kind of thing happens at concerts...GET OVER IT! If anything it made it MORE interesting. The fact is that nobody was seriously injured and everybody needs to stop bitching about it. EVEN WORSE is to start spouting anti french bullshit when that has NOTHING to do with this PETTY incident and it is sooo NOT cool to hate on a WHOLE COUNTRY over NOTHING. How can you even f***ing call yourself a MOZ fan?! You haters should be ashamed and I'm sure that if Morrissey could read all of your comments he would ban YOU from his concerts and NOT Guillaume.

I have it on good authority that Morrissey was injured in Denver after the the melee with Guillaume. Morrissey and most of the band are privately seething at him! I can't say who as don't wanna abuse his trust in be. Guillaume should be ashamed of himself as he could have done some serious damage :-(

Another Denver Review from a huge fan:

i'm a huge Smith's and Morrissey fan.
I've been to five of his concerts in the last ten years and they were all great.

This was a huge disappointment. While his voice was fine (and he didn't cancel like he does 50% of the time), this was a mostly political statement-themed concert, and not the good songs of his relating to that aside from Meat is Murder.The songs from the new album are horrendous. Not because of their messages per se, but it sounded like he was just reading a first draft from a stream-of-consciousness note.

Repetitive lyrics, short songs, and boring.Lots of slow songs, but not the melancholy, introspective kind. Just boring.

Had I not been with a good friend, and known the encoure set list ahead of time, I probably would've left. Sigh.

According to some, stupidity isn't human. It's french.
And you are SO proving it by saying so.

Yes, as the son of a French woman and an American citizen I am always put off by the generalizations from French bashers.
The world is indeed full of crashing bores...
Not everyone here hates the French.
Trust me.
The idiots that do just tend to be the loudest mouths.

After reading some of these comments I'm a little worried to post this, BUT, I was the girl that GENTLY got on stage, got my hug, fulfilled a dream and knew when it was time to let go :) Anyway...I'm desperately looking for a picture of me on stage hugging Moz, if any of you happen to have one or saw one somewhere else online PLEASE let me know!
Thanks!

Hello Amaranta - I have a video of you hugging Morrissey. Not sure how to securely get it to you. Thoughts? AW

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1835
Regards,
FWD
(Recording of said gig, tracks separated).
Apologies if repeated. Haven't had time to compare recordings either.
Cheers,
FWD

I'm not surprised at all. La honte... :lbf:

Tu sais quoi Tipoune, ne sachant pas comment cela s'est passé tu ferais mieux de ne rien dire.
Je reviens de plusieurs concerts après Denver et même Jesse que j'ai rencontré à Memphis a admis que le chahut a provoqué le bordel. Je n'ai pas fait tomber. Moz. Tu me hais soit mais j'aime Morrissey et donc cet incident fut "con".
Après tu penses ce que tu veux.
Tu vois je suis calme.

Guillaume Metayer
(Je donne mon nom car tu dois surement être celle qui a diffusé celui ci en public.
Méthode de dénonciation qui ne me surprend pas)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom