Depeche Mode: New album/tour in 2013

The Seeker of Good Songs

Last week, Depeche Mode offered up a sneak peak of its recording studio being set up, and now frontman Dave Gahan reveals the band already has demoed about 20 new songs for its as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2009′s Sounds of the Universe — and already is making plans to take the new songs on the road next year. In a short interview with Spin, Gahan reports that DM has reconvened with Ben Hillier, who produced Sounds of the Universe and 2005′s Playing the Angel, and also has enlisted the help of producer Christoffer Berg (Fever Ray, The Knife).
“We’ve probably got 20 songs demoed,” Gahan told Spin. “Some of the songs are in really good shape, some need some work, but we’re definitely on track. We have a deadline of the end of November, and there’s no reason we why we won’t meet that at the rate we’re going.”
As for the addition of Berg to the DM studio team, Gahan said, “He’s a great musician and has a lot of fantastic ideas. He’s not afraid to stand up and say, ‘I got an idea.’ I like that. It’s quite intimidating working with a band like ours because you have certain expectations of how it is. A lot are true and some aren’t. Martin and I are open to other people’s ideas.”
Martin Gore previously has promised that the new album will be out “no later than early 2013,” and Gahan confirms that its release will coincide with a new Depeche Mode tour: ”There are already plans in place to be touring next year.”

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/05/02/depeche-mode-new-album-tour-2013/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd better start saving my money NOW for the tour next year. I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage on our house....but you know it'll be worth it...

Back
Top Bottom