Did Morrissey lie to sell more tickets?

bored

not bitter but bored
Here are some quotes from True to You:

March 8th:
The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

April 14th:
Morrissey will play the Glastonbury Festival on Friday, 24 June.

May 7th:
Morrissey will play the following UK concerts:
Tuesday 5 July STOKE Victoria Hall
Thursday 7 July LEEDS Academy
Friday 8 July MIDDLESBROUGH Town Hall

July 4th:
Morrissey will play Brixton Academy in London on August 7th, and the London Palladium on August 8th. Support will be Kristeen Young.

Do you think he changed his mind or do you think he did this on purpose to create the illusion that seeing him would be quite difficult?

Here are some quotes from True to You:

March 8th:
The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

April 14th:
Morrissey will play the Glastonbury Festival on Friday, 24 June.

May 7th:
Morrissey will play the following UK concerts:
Tuesday 5 July STOKE Victoria Hall
Thursday 7 July LEEDS Academy
Friday 8 July MIDDLESBROUGH Town Hall

July 4th:
Morrissey will play Brixton Academy in London on August 7th, and the London Palladium on August 8th. Support will be Kristeen Young.

Do you think he changed his mind or do you think he did this on purpose to create the illusion that seeing him would be quite difficult?

All he needed to do to give the impression that seeing him would be difficult would be to mention Kristeen Young was opening.

I think you're a troll with a moderator badge, stirring more paranoid shit with yet another flame bait thread. Why don't you turn this into an article?

Probably. Having said that I'd like to mention that I have a friend who I do business dealings with who is all about skirting the system, any system, in order to make a profit. While I don't approve of his ways I am no less intrinsically tied to whateverdeal he is making since I work with him. It's possible these decisions are not morrissey's so much as his behind-the-scenes tacticians. Or maybe it's him. After the Gertrude Stein comment in the last interview it seems like all he really wants to do is sing and spread his message. It's a shame business and politics have to get in the way of that, all for the sake if the almighty dollar.

I think you're a troll with a moderator badge, stirring more paranoid shit with yet another flame bait thread. Why don't you turn this into an article?

umadbro?

Yeah sure why not, he's guilty of everything else

I hear he doesn't recycle sometimes either! The bastard

Some people say that's exactly what he did with This Charming Man but I actually think the crunchy power chord version is better than the original.

It's possible these decisions are not morrissey's so much as his behind-the-scenes tacticians. Or maybe it's him.

I'd go with the latter. Point to any one time, any one significant, prolonged period in his career where he let the suits do all the talking and make all the decisions for him. I can't think of any. Once again, more blame passing and excuse-making.

After the Gertrude Stein comment in the last interview it seems like all he really wants to do is sing and spread his message.

He's definitely spreading something, alright.

It's a shame business and politics have to get in the way of that, all for the sake if the almighty dollar.

Morrissey is as guilty as any suit-and-tie of making money number one.

I'd go with the latter. Point to any one time, any one significant, prolonged period in his career where he let the suits do all the talking and make all the decisions for him. I can't think of any. Once again, more blame passing and excuse-making.

He's definitely spreading something, alright.

Morrissey is as guilty as any suit-and-tie of making money number one.

I've yet to see a post where you actually show that you like Morrissey in any way.
Why are you here again? Or is it still the booze talking?

I'm not having a go, it just seems like you don't actually like Morrissy at all

Just pointing out the obvious ma'am.

And yet you missed it due to blind loyalty.

I asked a legitimate question.

Morrissey might have done that.
He might have changed his mind.
You say that is trolling and I disagree.

When I said "umadbro".. that was trolling.

I just remember the day I read that post thinking wow, those shows are going to be great. All small, intimate venues in interesting places.

Then more and more UK dates started popping up. I ignored the Ireland and Isle of Man dates because those aren't the UK but it really feels like the car dealer just told me he sold me the only new Corvette in the country and as I'm pulling out of the lot I see a truck drive in with 10 more.

Whether or not I'm a moderator really has nothing to do with what I post. I completely separate the two. My last act of moderation was I reported a post the other day saying a certain user should get a timeout for their targeted language which I felt should have been in the pigsty. David said it was not even worthy of a warning. There is no allied agenda between the mods and David.

Last edited:
Since whether or not you're a moderator makes no difference on what you post, I'll adjust my statement:

I think you're a troll stirring more paranoid shit with yet another flame bait thread.

And yet you missed it due to blind loyalty.

I asked a legitimate question.

Morrissey might have done that.
He might have changed his mind.
You say that is trolling and I disagree.

When I said "umadbro".. that was trolling.

I just remember the day I read that post thinking wow, those shows are going to be great. All small, intimate venues in interesting places.

Then more and more UK dates started popping up. I ignored the Ireland and Isle of Man dates because those aren't the UK but it really feels like the car dealer just told me he sold me the only new Corvette in the country and as I'm pulling out of the lot I see a truck drive in with 10 more.

Whether or not I'm a moderator really has nothing to do with what I post. I completely separate the two. My last act of moderation was I reported a post the other day saying a certain user should get a timeout for their targeted language which I felt should have been in the pigsty. David said it was not even worthy of a warning. There is no allied agenda between the mods and David.

The music life... like life in general is not set in stone. Things tweek and change all the time. It doesn't mean anyone is lying. That said I think he felt it important to get as many tickets as he could sold for Hop farm- maybe he need to prove he could headline and pull in the punters

Last edited:
Since whether or not you're a moderator makes no difference on what you post, I'll adjust my statement:

I think you're a troll stirring more paranoid shit with yet another flame bait thread.

I completely agree, its this sort of convoluted, trash talking rumour spreading that got Morrissey disliking this website in the first place.

Plans probably just changed, I doubt there's anything more to it. Why is everything the man does ''calculated'' in this forums eyes?

Now that's more like it! :)

I've yet to see a post where you actually show that you like Morrissey in any way.
Why are you here again? Or is it still the booze talking?

I'm not having a go, it just seems like you don't actually like Morrissy at all

He gave me twenty years of comfort and joy. But an asshole is an asshole, and these days Morrissey is an asshole.

This is a Morrissey forum...i.e. a place to discuss Morrissey. Not blindly suck him off. I'm here because I enjoy sharing my thoughts and I enjoy reading the thoughts of others, and bantering back and forth accordingly.

That OK with you?

He gave me twenty years of comfort and joy. But an asshole is an asshole, and these days Morrissey is an asshole.

This is a Morrissey forum...i.e. a place to discuss Morrissey. Not blindly suck him off. I'm here because I enjoy sharing my thoughts and I enjoy reading the thoughts of others, and bantering back and forth accordingly.

That OK with you?

Yeah fair enough.
Doesn't seem healthy to visit somewhere for the sole purpose to moan about how much someone is a dick in my eyes...
But I respect your right to do so

Some people say that's exactly what he did with This Charming Man but I actually think the crunchy power chord version is better than the original.

NOOOOOOOOO!
That post has made me sick!!! :sick:
Don't diss Johnny Marr's f***ing brilliant jangly guitar riffs!
How can you rate some crappy power chords over the amazing riff????
HOWWWWW?

Back
Top Bottom