Morrissey Central "DO YOU REMEMBER … FAR BACK IN TIME …" (October 22, 2020)

Shouldn’t you be..doing the dishes or something
I read the wording on your baseball cap...you really are a wooden top.

giphy.gif

...says the man who seems to spend his life watching alt-right videos on Youtube.
So what if people have right wing views. IS your bubble that tightly sealed around your head that you can't see the situation from both sides?

So what if people have right wing views. IS your bubble that tightly sealed around your head that you can't see the situation from both sides?
That’s a choice response. Like someone drowning in shit, gasping for air and insisting that “the roses smell lovely, this time of year, don’t they?”

Thoughtful individuals possess the ability to look at various perspectives and then weed out the bullshit. Wing-nuts who make comments like yours are incapable of seeing reality for the shit that’s dribbling out their tribalist mouths.

Don’t be a goof.

This is a good article about the way journalism can make intractable conflicts worse.

20201023_223829.jpg

20201023_223329.jpg

20201023_223302.jpg

20201023_223720.jpg

20201023_223633.jpg

Better than in my ass
So you didn’t enjoy it? Why did you call me for another go then? You willingly traded your Stars and Stripes for a reach-around and wipes, so don’t come around here whining about how you don’t like to bite pillow, l’il shooter. You take it like a CHAMP!

So you didn’t enjoy it? Why did you call me for another go then? You willingly traded your Stars and Stripes for a reach-around and wipes, so don’t come around here whining about how you don’t like to bite pillow, l’il shooter. You take it like a CHAMP!
My hero 💕

Oh Big Gay Al. You know I'm just putty in your hands. You're so big. And so gay. And so Al.

The Smiths became a major part of my life right up until it became impossible to defend Morrissey's bigotry. His racism, support of the right wing and Zionists is heartbreaking. I accept he holds disgusting views resulting in my view of him being someone whom it is sad to say...

I firmly suspect Baldwin would be as disappointed in small minded Morrissey as much as any decent man.
Morrissey is not the man I thought he was. My past daily devotion to him is now a permanent embarrassment.

The Smiths became a major part of my life right up until it became impossible to defend Morrissey's bigotry. His racism, support of the right wing and Zionists is heartbreaking. I accept he holds disgusting views resulting in my view of him being someone whom it is sad to say...

I firmly suspect Baldwin would be as disappointed in small minded Morrissey as much as any decent man.
Morrissey is not the man I thought he was. My past daily devotion to him is now a permanent embarrassment.

James would be the same as Morrissey - he would have nuance & personal experience that meant he couldn't go blindly along with recieved ideas.

The 'disgusting' views are in your own mind.

20201024_015315.jpg

20201024_015233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
James would be the same as Morrissey - he would have nuance & personal experience that meant he couldn't go blindly along with recieved ideas.

The 'disgusting' views are in your own mind.

View attachment 60321

View attachment 60322
Except that Morrissey isn't blatantly gay. Baldwin was. And therefore his reach was limited. Morrissey is more universal, because he is relateable regardless of your gender or orientation.

Nobody should hate who they are (unless they're a child molester).

God bless Baldwin; he was a strange angel.

Except that Morrissey isn't blatantly gay. Baldwin was. And therefore his reach was limited. Morrissey is more universal, because he is relateable regardless of your gender or orientation.

Or the minds of those that wouldn’t accept him were limited in their intelligence, compassion and understanding of an artist and activist like Baldwin.

Or the minds of those that wouldn’t accept him were limited in their intelligence, compassion and understanding of an artist and activist
like Baldwin.
The problem with that is that you are saying that all things are true given enough adherence to subjective reality, i.e. "my lived experience" as a common trope of the new left which is supposed to trump logic.

It's post-modernism nonsense.

I just meant they've both been shunned by some left-wingers for supposedly being unacceptable.

The problem with that is that you are saying that all things are true given enough adherence to subjective reality, i.e. "my lived experience" as a common trope of the new left which is supposed to trump logic.

It's post-modernism nonsense.

Baldwin was true to himself, and obviously not the kind of person that would present himself differently either in public or in his writing in order to reach a larger audience. It is not his loss, but the loss of those whose lives will be that less enriched simply because they were not as open minded or outright homophobic.

Baldwin was true to himself, and obviously not the kind of person that would present himself differently either in public or in his writing in order to reach a larger audience. It is not his loss, but the loss of those whose lives will be that less enriched simply because they were not as open minded or outright homophobic.
I agree with the bulk of that but I do not like the implicit supposition that any dissent is inherently "fearful" with regard to gayness. You are implying that everyone would be gay if they were just "brave" enough...which is crap.

I agree with the bulk of that but I do not like the implicit supposition that any dissent is inherently "fearful" with regard to gayness. You are implying that everyone would be gay if they were just "brave" enough...which is crap.

:lbf: No I wasn’t implying that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom