Morrissey Central "DO YOU REMEMBER … FAR BACK IN TIME …" (October 22, 2020)

I was recently watching the Robert Gardner interview shows with filmmakers.
Nothing comes close these days...

Please, do tell. Tell me a story that’s worse than the kidnapping, sale, ownership, rape and lynching of these “self-called ‘negroes’”. I’d live to hear these whimsical thoughts for you, as a self-called human being.

Whilst we wait, let me call you out as the ignorant sack of shit you truly are.

Fak Arf, c***.

Certainly I'm ignorant but you are not better than me. Let me explain you why. I know fanatism first hand and I know that it never solved anything. In particular fanatism never solved the problem of the victims. In particular when victims are being revictimized and are being indoctrinated to victimize themselves. Of course it is easier to go with the wave when you want to live comfortably, want to impress your internet friends and receive likes like an episode of Black Mirror. But those kinds of waves brought people here to the verge of disaster. Waves never solved anything, waves created holocausts, waves massify people and prevent them from thinking. And I'm talking as someone who was influenced by waves many times in life.
Look at Weiss, look at how much he shows he loves James Baldwin as most of us certainly do, because we know he is in pain. But Weiss knows his outlook is not the right outlook and he didn't continue arguing maybe because a TV show was not a good place to do it. I don't think compassion and applauses helped James Baldwin at all in that situation. He was a smart person, he deserved better, I'm sure that at the end he was sick of compassion and fake momentary applauses that ended in nothing.
I don't believe in the existence of human races and I think that the worst a victim can do is to repeat the lessons that their victimizers taught them. No one will be able to shake off his chains if he polish them a little more every day. Don't polish your chains, let them rot.

Besides everything, right now people around the world are being thrown into civil wars and we don't need to be too smart to imagine who will win with this situation. Certainly none of those living in the sabotaged countries.

This is also not a place to discuss these issues because they are open to misunderstandings and explosions of hate. I'm sorry I did it before and I don't expect you understand what I mean now. I kind of lost faith in most part of human beings so I'll stick with the ones who worth it. They are more than enough for me.

Maybe you would, if it were your head.
Well I should think so! No but honesty I don't know what I am supposed to say. I agree with almost every post you've made here. I think we have similar views. I don't register the atrocity on a personal or emotional level because I am too subjectively detached from it but don't mistake my humor for glib disregard.

We are espousing right wing, conservative politics on a Morrissey fan forum. Aside from Morrissey himself, this place is entrenched in the stink of namby pamby PC wokeness. We are the outsiders here. Remember that.

Baldwin was really smart. I must say. But there's something about him that's clearly f*u*c*k*e*d.

I mean he looks visibly unwell. Not "sick." Well, maybe sick. But I don't mean it derogatorily. He's so jittery and defensive. I feel bad for him, kind of. I mean not really, because I lack the capacity for empathy. But I mean theoretically I feel bad for him.

At the end of the day Weiss is just way over Baldwin's head. Not becaus Baldwin is unintelligent, but because he just can't let go of the victim card. Victim victim victim, poor me poor me I'm black. He's entrenched in an ideology. Sad.

Baldwin was struggling to get negative social messages out of his head (& negative incidents) - they're not easy to shift even if you get some success esp in the arts because there's always someone bigger, better, younger, more relevant, to make you feel worthless.

On a related theme - it's always comforting coming across yet another jaded leftie who can't believe we're actually like this.

This bit could not be truer:

b.JPG

Poor Moz - he actually reads stuff.

& how could you not love him???

So what if people have right wing views. IS your bubble that tightly sealed around your head that you can't see the situation from both sides?
I'm with J.K. Galbraith on this one:
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. "
I'm also with Nye Bevan:
"So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin."
People to the right of the Tories are simply beneath contempt.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. "
I'm also with Nye Bevan:

The definition of a bigot. I generally try to avoid judging someone based on their thoughts and beliefs. What happened to good old fashioned disagreeing with people?

Moz is clearly yearning for a time when mainstream TV allowed free debate. Let's face it - we live in a world now where you can get sacked for believing things like:

- Mass immigration and multiculturalism are damaging to society.

- Black men are most at risk from other black men, not from the police.

- Sex is a biological fact and is not a spectrum.

- The current approach to covid-19 is hysterical and an over-reaction to a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate.

The list is endless. You can lose your job for thinking these things - let alone being able to voice them on national TV.

I'm also with Nye Bevan:

very much agree with that quote

Moz is clearly yearning for a time when mainstream TV allowed free debate. Let's face it - we live in a world now where you can get sacked for believing things like:

- The current approach to covid-19 is hysterical and an over-reaction to a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate.

The list is endless. You can lose your job for thinking these things - let alone being able to voice them on national TV.

I sometimes think you're ReelFountain being genteel.

I suspect you wouldn't survive a robust 1970s debate - it might reveal a dodgy worldview beneath the Oh, this little old fascist thing, it's nothing. 🤨

Look at what we have as a political debating programme on UK tv, Question Time with Fiona Bruce, absolutely awful week in week out. Back to the Antiques Road Show Fiona and do us all a favour.

It's quite amusing how Skylarker looks exactly as I'd pictured him. Makes one wonder how he dares to criticise the way other people look.

What a f***in' douchebag.

For those who might be interested in reading a review about James Baldwin as featured in Raoul Peck’s documentary I Am Not Your Negro.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/02/i-am-not-your-negro-review/515976/

And for those who happen to be interested in hearing more about Raoul Peck’s knowledge of JB’s oeuvre, the documentary, and also have a little time to spare.

I Am Not Your Negro: Race, Identity and Baldwin/Raoul Peck - Vanderbilt University

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom