DrumWise Meets... Spike T. Smith (April 3, 2021)

Screenshot_20210404-032841~2.png

I've not had time to watch all of this.
If anyone gets through it - feel free to let us know if there's anything Morrissey-related (Spike doesn't appear to go down 'memory lane' often regarding Morrissey - so it would be interesting).
Regards,
FWD.

Got to feel sorry for a bloke who lasts one year and is replaced. I can't say I went to any gigs at the time, far too before my time, but listening to boots of varying recording quality the drums do sound a bit all over the stop.

Got to feel sorry for a bloke who lasts one year and is replaced. I can't say I went to any gigs at the time, far too before my time, but listening to boots of varying recording quality the drums do sound a bit all over the stop.
I saw a bunch of shows on that tour and thought he was pretty average and didn't really fit in with the vibe of those setlists.

It's a matter of opinions. As a drummer myself, I found him very good, he even he made subtle variants on certain songs.
It was his Sid Vicious punk look with a metal chain with a small padlock around the neck that didn't fit in with the Elvis 60s rockabilly retro style of the other lads on stage :)

Morrissey has always hired good drummers .

Having said that all that, I really liked Deano in terms of presentation and how he played. He was/is very unpopular here and in that Mozipedia book by Goddard, never understood why.

He won't stop Walker. Great drummer, great guy.

Morrissey has always hired good drummers .
He's had an unfair amount of solid drummers. Had plans to work with Spike on a small UK tour just over a year ago and then Corona. He seems a cool cat and I was a good bit disappointed when things fell through.

what a first time in america,playing with M at the very first coachella.one of his career highlights,seems like a decent guy.

Having said that all that, I really liked Deano in terms of presentation and how he played. He was/is very unpopular here and in that Mozipedia book by Goddard, never understood why.

He won't stop Walker. Great drummer, great guy.
I thought Deano was a bit stiff but maybe that comes off to some as more controlled or technical. I think he's pretty good but he didn't wow me.

I think a really great dummer who gets almost no credit is Matt Chamberlain who was the session drummer for ROTT.

Matt Walker is great.. to me he feels like the featured musician on Years of Refusal. I have always enjoyed his work both live and in the studio.

I thought Deano was a bit stiff but maybe that comes off to some as more controlled or technical. I think he's pretty good but he didn't wow me.

the cat can’t swing. Even Spencer could swing. Walker and Paresi are both very professional. But out of all the drummers I think Andrew Paresi really brought the goods.

I think a really great dummer who gets almost no credit is Matt Chamberlain who was the session drummer for ROTT.

Matt Walker is great.. to me he feels like the featured musician on Years of Refusal. I have always enjoyed his work both live and in the studio.

the cat can’t swing. Even Spencer could swing. Walker and Paresi are both very professional. But out of all the drummers I think Andrew Paresi really brought the goods.
I sometimes imagine what the recordings would’ve been like had Paresi played on all of them; if he’d been solo Moz’s lifetime drummer. I agree. He was a wonderfully creative musician, always kept great time.

I sometimes imagine what the recordings would’ve been like had Paresi played on all of them; if he’d been solo Moz’s lifetime drummer. I agree. He was a wonderfully creative musician, always kept great time.
And, for the record, I’ve enjoyed most, if not all, of Morrissey’s drummers.

Yes! How could I forget him. He is really creative and does so many interesting things as a drummer.

I exchanged DMs with him on twitter like 10 years ago. Really a great guy. I wish he had toured with Morrissey at least once... and so did he.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom