DT: IP hash block feasible?

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
David,
As the flotsam & jetsam lash against the rocks that is this crèche...
Is blocking IP hashes ever going to be possible?
It seems a little daft that I can block a named annoyance, but have to put up with all or none of the 'anons' who think not registering makes them any more anonymous and able to spew extra bile...
Is there any happy medium or way to mitigate the headaches from these 'delightful' people or is it just shut up and put up?
Your wisdom is appreciated,
FWD.

There is no such feature built in to the software and not easy to implement unfortunately. It may not be very effective as IPs may change often. Have you been downvoting posts that you find offensive?

There is no such feature built in to the software and not easy to implement unfortunately. It may not be very effective as IPs may change often. Have you been downvoting posts that you find offensive?
No, down voting isn't removing people I don't wish to see (I don't think I've seen any effective use of that system myself).
If 'London Lad' is someone I don't want to see in threads as they spam too much, I can choose to block them.
If particular anons (oh the irony!) need blocking (for whatever reason) - I can block all or none. Obviously, that affects the entire site when viewing threads.
There is a large anon contribution here, but it would be nice to filter out the garbage through personal choice.
Besides the many points made by others that it gets incredibly difficult to follow topics when there's a lot of anons, it's just frustrating that only people who register here can be blocked.
This allows for some of the negative behaviour described elsewhere by others and leaves the anon able to clog threads unless x amount of people agree to all press the same rating feature.
There's no sand in my vagina particularly - just looking for options.
Your efforts are always appreciated.
Regards,
FWD.

No, down voting isn't removing people I don't wish to see (I don't think I've seen any effective use of that system myself).
If 'London Lad' is someone I don't want to see in threads as they spam too much, I can choose to block them.
If particular anons (oh the irony!) need blocking (for whatever reason) - I can block all or none. Obviously, that affects the entire site when viewing threads.
There is a large anon contribution here, but it would be nice to filter out the garbage through personal choice.
Besides the many points made by others that it gets incredibly difficult to follow topics when there's a lot of anons, it's just frustrating that only people who register here can be blocked.
This allows for some of the negative behaviour described elsewhere by others and leaves the anon able to clog threads unless x amount of people agree to all press the same rating feature.
Regards,
FWD.

Poor baby. Are words hurting you? You only want to read things that you like to read? GROW UP, CHILD. Free speech, look into it. I'm sure there's people who do not want to hear about sand in your nasty "vagina".

Davidt, how can anonymous posters block cry babies like FWD so we don't have to sift through the tears and whining? (Don't answer that, David, I know there's no way.)

David,
As the flotsam & jetsam lash against the rocks that is this crèche...
Is blocking IP hashes ever going to be possible?
It seems a little daft that I can block a named annoyance, but have to put up with all or none of the 'anons' who think not registering makes them any more anonymous and able to spew extra bile...
Is there any happy medium or way to mitigate the headaches from these 'delightful' people or is it just shut up and put up?
Your wisdom is appreciated,
FWD.

Have you tried masking tape? You can apply it directly to your monitor so you block the parts you don't like and like the parts you don't block even more.

Poor baby. Are words hurting you? You only want to read things that you like to read? GROW UP, CHILD. Free speech, look into it. I'm sure there's people who do not want to hear about sand in your nasty "vagina".

Davidt, how can anonymous posters block cry babies like FWD so we don't have to sift through the tears and whining? (Don't answer that, David, I know there's no way.)
Yawn, streaming out gibberish like your sterling contribution is exactly my point. If you think trying to follow a thread when it is peppered with mentally ill off-topic dog shit like you and your ilk bang your fist on a keyboard to create makes me do anything other than worry for people around you - then you are quite wrong. YOU decided to comment here and through your own actions saw my post - that kind of makes you the idiot in the equation. To answer your question: you can avoid seeing my posts by not seeking them out especially when they are addressed to someone else. Too hard? Ask an adult.
Free speech doesn't entitle anyone to lose the ability to conduct themselves in a civilised manner, but that is obviously too much to ask of some. Like twats that hijack a question to site owner to gibber on about nothing. That's called being too free with your speech.
This site allows for the blocking of posters just not a large percentage of them - the question was reasonable unlike your reply.
Anyway, I'm off to cry and whine.
I look forward to all your super contributions to this site - I'm sure they will be underwhelming.
Seek help.
FWD.
I should also point out that random people who respond to me with such venom and bile probably might want to check their own vagina for sand - I'm truly pleased I provoke such a reasoned, sophisticated reaction from you by simply existing.
Troll away.
(cue feverish typing... yawn).

Last edited:
Yawn, streaming out gibberish like your sterling contribution is exactly my point. If you think trying to follow a thread when it is peppered with mentally ill off-topic dog shit like you and your ilk bang your fist on a keyboard to create makes me do anything other than worry for people around you - then you are quite wrong. YOU decided to comment here and through your own actions saw my post - that kind of makes you the idiot in the equation. To answer your question: you can avoid seeing my posts by not seeking them out especially when they are addressed to someone else. Too hard? Ask an adult.
Free speech doesn't entitle anyone to lose the ability to conduct themselves in a civilised manner, but that is obviously too much to ask of some. Like twats that hijack a question to site owner to gibber on about nothing. That's called being too free with your speech.
This site allows for the blocking of posters just not a large percentage of them - the question was reasonable unlike your reply.
Anyway, I'm off to cry and whine.
I look forward to all your super contributions to this site - I'm sure they will be underwhelming.
Seek help.
FWD.
I should also point out that random people who respond to me with such venom and bile probably might want to check their own vagina for sand - I'm truly pleased I provoke such a reasoned, sophisticated reaction from you by simply existing.
Troll away.
(cue feverish typing... yawn).

The irony of a former terrorist flag waving extremist that became all PC and now wants to set the tone and be all grown up. We've all known you for decades and what you did in the past and maybe you should move into that tinroof house in Guatemala with your latest south american catch unless she returned home like all the others did before her.

Textbook BPD & splitting.

by not being anonymous (registering) you can block. Win-win for both sides.

It's a good idea to be able to block by IP, I don't think it's too practical due to how IPs change often. Most sites / social media force people to login in order to post. I'd rather not do that but certainly there are pros and cons to both sides. Most people just pick and choose, it doesn't take too long to skim over posts and look for items of interest. Adding moderation to anonymous posts has helped filter but there will likely always some people who would prefer the anonymous posting option removed and looking at how some sites are run, no comments allowed at all.

Regards,
FWD.

It's a good idea to be able to block by IP, I don't think it's too practical due to how IPs change often. Most sites / social media force people to login in order to post. I'd rather not do that but certainly there are pros and cons to both sides. Most people just pick and choose, it doesn't take too long to skim over posts and look for items of interest. Adding moderation to anonymous posts has helped filter but there will likely always some people who would prefer the anonymous posting option removed and looking at how some sites are run, no comments allowed at all.
Thank you.
I'm not hankering for zero anonymous comments, I guess I just don't agree with how things are moderated then.
My concept of moderation is to allow free, relevant speech in threads and dump anything off-topic elsewhere.
For example, the kilt comment here and the delightful mentally ill person asserting I'm a terrorist - someone approved those comments as appropriate despite them relating zero to our discussion or topic and being basically done to troll - the effluent using anonymity to avoid being blocked really should be barking at the moon in the OT/pigsty where their 'rights' remain intact without affecting the general community of people trying to engage in a reasonable manner. I'm assuming the logistics of going through half of the gibberish posted is too much to manage effectively as threads are consistently full of personal attacks, fakery and general stuff that should clog the OT/pigsty not a tour report or article about a singer's latest actions (holding this view apparently makes you a crybaby).
It still feels like registered users and their ability to block all or no anons are at a disadvantage to anons being able to appear where they like - which is how it looks currently so I can only shudder at what might be being moderated.
I won't go on. Just my 2 cents.
I will carry on regardless.
Cheers,
FWD.

Last edited:
Have you tried masking tape? You can apply it directly to your monitor so you block the parts you don't like and like the parts you don't block even more.

This from a former registered poster who was butthurt and f***ed off in a huff because he got one too many negative ratings only to come back and bully people anonymously.

There's no beginnings to your talents.
Place the first electrode one centimetre above the median line of the temple...
Thanks for making my point though - oh differently abled one.
As if anyone would want to ignore your genius.... Zzzzzzz

There's no beginnings to your talents.
Place the first electrode one centimetre above the median line of the temple...
Thanks for making my point though - oh differently abled one.
As if anyone would want to ignore your genius.... Zzzzzzz

Life on the terror list is not so easy when wanting to travel and men that make feminine boys are closet cases which explains your love for a gay artist.

Never let your son drop the bar of soap or maybe he likes that kind of thing. With a dad like that nothing surprises me.

The life of hun pretending to be a celt.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy

Hughlocaust Clark is just the first one.

Back
Top Bottom