Face Palm x1000 BNP Tweet with Morrissey

Re: *Face Palm* x1000 BNP Tweet with Morrissey...

It's a more complex issue than Morrissey describes for me.

Immigrants often set up their own communities. This means that they aren't diluting British identity, just adding their own. I guess the bigger issue is, does multi-culturalism work or would any immigrant population be more successful by being inter-twined with the resident population?

Mass immigration has dual purpose of keeping wages low and giving the likes of the BNP and UKIP the chance to whip up misplaced hate from the UK population blaming immigrants themselves for their woes, either financial or perceived cultural.

Mass immigration provides a very successful divide and rule tactic. Everybody points their fingers at foreigners - this is whipped up by politicians who like to use immigration as the cause of the country's problems. They're scrounging (most are no doubt working their arses' off to better their lives), they don't learn English (most do), etc.

It suits a government (whichever is in power) to promote immigration. Why? Each election is paid for by donations from people who expect to have their interests met on the return of that government. While that government is in power these same people will be putting pressure on that government to insure that their interests are met. Sometimes people in the government are part of these pressure groups, surely a conflict of interest but we're living in corrupt times. I digress...

The needs of a greedy and corrupt establishment (The government/corporations/media/etc) are well served having a population that attacks each other rather than hold them accountable for how the country is run.

My own opinion is that most people who move countries do so because they want to improve their lives. That said, I do think any population is better integrated rather than celebrating multi-culturalism. Our biggest problem is the way how our political parties are funded and how much power very few people hold over us. Immigration is just a very convenient distraction.

One other point, our identity has been heavily formed by immigrants so that's that really.

Last edited:

Don't you hate when that happens?

It's a more complex issue than Morrissey describes for me.

Immigrants often set up their own communities. This means that they aren't diluting British identity, just adding their own. I guess the bigger issue is, does multi-culturalism work or would any immigrant population be more successful by being inter-twined with the resident population?

Mass immigration has dual purpose of keeping wages low and giving the likes of the BNP and UKIP the chance to whip up misplaced hate from the UK population blaming immigrants themselves for their woes, either financial or perceived cultural.

Mass immigration provides a very successful divide and rule tactic. Everybody points their fingers at foreigners - this is whipped up by politicians who like to use immigration as the cause of the country's problems. They're scrounging (most are no doubt working their arses' off to better their lives), they don't learn English (most do), etc.

It suits a government (whichever is in power) to promote immigration. Why? Each election is paid for by donations from people who expect to have their interests met on the return of that government. While that government is in power these same people will be putting pressure on that government to insure that their interests are met. Sometimes people in the government are part of these pressure groups, surely a conflict of interest but we're living in corrupt times. I digress...

The needs of a greedy and corrupt establishment (The government/corporations/media/etc) are well served having a population that attacks each other rather than hold them accountable for how the country is run.

My own opinion is that most people who move countries do so because they want to improve their lives. That said, I do think any population is better integrated rather than celebrating multi-culturalism. Our biggest problem is the way how our political parties are funded and how much power very few people hold over us. Immigration is just a very convenient distraction.

One other point, our identity has been heavily formed by immigrants so that's that really.

You sum most of it up very well indeed and it is impossible to blame people for taking advantage of something that they are allowed to do like moving to another country. The ones to blame are the politicians who allow too many in without being able to help them establish any sort of decent life in their new country.

I cannot blame the ones for protesting because the problems are very serious now and it is easy to look at that group of people and label them as this and that but their genuine worry about the current situation is very justified.

I think Moz summed it up very well back then and has been proven right a million times over so it's not like you can point any finger at him and claim that he was wrong. Personally I do not see myself as a nationalist because many of the traditions you are supposed to support are very silly to say the least but what it all comes down to is that the people that never harmed anyone and went about their business trying to do their best are fed up with a political rule that allows criminals to behave in any way they like.

Europe is truly awake now and I do not think you can stop the radical wave of protest that is growing ever stronger and everything has a breaking point and when you reach that it will be hard to debate yourself back to the standstill we have now.

Back
Top Bottom