Fiona Dodwell interview - Felten Ink (Jan. 30, 2020)

On Mozza: "He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own"

I saw interview on Fiona dodwell about her writing and they ended asking some questions about why she likes Mozza and why she would still support him, and I think it hits the nail on the head for a lot of fans who still stand by Morrissey, so thought worth sharing

Link to the full thing is here

FIONA DODWELL: “INEXPLICABLE EVENTS HAVE PROBABLY PLANTED LITTLE SEEDS OF INSPIRATION.” - Felten Ink

I have to ask you about Morrissey, after all, you drew my attention with your interviews and I’ve been following you on social media ever since. What do you think that’s so divisive about him among people?

I think Morrissey is seen by some as a “divisive” figure because there simply is no one else out there like him, being so truthful, so open, so willing to discuss things that others won’t. He doesn’t pander to the press, he doesn’t bind himself to the apparent “boundaries” that other artists apply themselves to (out of fear of being controversial or opinionated). He is a rarity, a non-conformist, and because of that, people are sometimes shocked. Wow – a singer with an opinion? Aren’t they just supposed to stand there and inoffensively nod along? No, Morrissey has never been like that and it’s one of the reasons I admire him. There are few like him out there, we should treasure the braver souls amongst us.

What was the initial attraction for you?

First and foremost it’s about the music. That’s the main thing. He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own. I know I have spent many years with his music as the “backdrop” to my daily life and so his lyrics, his albums, are very special to me. Then, as we discussed above, there is his confidence and willingness to be bold and strong in the face of some really bad treatment from the mainstream media. That’s something I admire, more than I can express. I get bored of people who try to blend in, or who baulk at the idea of standing-out. It excites me when I see somebody who is willing to go against the grain, and let’s face it, Morrissey does this often. Alongside all of this, I’ve always admired his stance on animal rights.

Why do you think certain elements of the press now take such an unfavourable stance towards him?

I think it’s a combination of lazy journalism, lazy thinking and the hunger to be seen as “politically correct” in a climate where being offended is the fashion. Rarely does the mainstream press actually stop and examine why Morrissey says what he says, they just seem to take a line or two and then run away with their own story.

I find myself agreeing with him more than anything else, but I’d be appalled to be labelled ‘far right’…

It’s the names and labels that do the most damage. If you call somebody “far right” or “racist” then you have blocked the debate at hand, and stopped people examining the specific issues that are being discussed. Plenty of times, Morrissey has made valid points or issues that are relevant, yet what he says isn’t dissected, it’s people’s opinions about what he says that are instead dissected. Why are the mainstream so afraid of actually discussing what he says with level-headedness? Why does everything have to come down to name-calling, immature headlines and mud-slinging? Nobody needs to agree with what another says to at least respectfully hear them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1977 many French intellectuals signed a petition to the French government to abolish the age of consent.

As well as de Beauvoir were signatures from Jean Paul Sartre, Roland Barthes, Michel Foucault, Jacques Derrida... the list goes on. In the 70s it was de rigueur.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/feb/24/jonhenley

"Now an MEP for the French Green party, Mr Cohn-Bendit has been severely embarrassed by the resurfacing of an article he published in 1975 about the "erotic" nature of his contacts with children at an alternative kindergarten in Frankfurt, where he lived and worked after being kicked out of France for his part in May 68.

"Certain children opened the flies of my trousers and started to tickle me," he wrote. "I reacted differently each time, according to the circumstances ... But when they insisted on it, I then caressed them."

Everyone does. Not that it's the point. Peter isn't being paid to have the age of consent lowered, not that it would be anyway.
Of course he's funded. All full time activists are. They are funded by NGOs like George Soros's despicable 'Open Society Foundation' or one or more of the other thousands of them pushing dodgy agendas.

Bob was my uncle. Pray you don’t meet me in the street, son. You’re tough as pudding online. ...but you’re just another squash, with a handful of expired lube, trying to make the journey - with the rest of the list of the lost.
Oh and was Fanny your aunt?

Of course he's funded. All full time activists are. They are funded by NGOs like George Soros's despicable 'Open Society Foundation' or one or more of the other thousands of them pushing dodgy agendas.

There's plenty of dodgy agendas flying about this site. I'm going to assume no one gets paid for them.

A quote from Peter Tatchell

“The positive nature of some child-adult sexual relationships is not confined to non-Western cultures. Several of my friends - gay and straight, male and female - had sex with adults from the ages of nine to 13. None feel they were abused. All say it was their conscious choice and gave them great joy.”

A quote from Peter Tatchell

“The positive nature of some child-adult sexual relationships is not confined to non-Western cultures. Several of my friends - gay and straight, male and female - had sex with adults from the ages of nine to 13. None feel they were abused. All say it was their conscious choice and gave them great joy.”

That's from the one letter that homophobes like to quote from. He has said he was wrong. It was a discussion that was happening on the left then.

That's from the one letter that homophobes like to quote from. He has said he was wrong. It was a discussion that was happening on the left then.
What does that make you then Nerak - a defender and pedophile sympathiser?

Last edited:
"Posted by Anonymous" gee, I wonder who submitted this as a news item. Imagine giving a flying f*** about what this nobody thinks.

I'm calling people who attack Peter using one letter that he apologized for, homophobes.

Then you'd be wrong. And thinking that the likes of Pete are part of the answer is living in cloud cuckoo land. Which is why Labour will never see power in the next decade. It's deluded. They still don't understand what's happening in this country. The likes of Keir S this week, saying they'll re-open the borders to European immigration or Lisa Nandy decrying the British Empire and it's past, illustrates just how far you guys are away from normal people. But, keep it up. Self-destruction of the left is something that makes my heart soar.

Then you'd be wrong. And thinking that the likes of Pete are part of the answer is living in cloud cuckoo land. Which is why Labour will never see power in the next decade. It's deluded. They still don't understand what's happening in this country. The likes of Keir S this week, saying they'll re-open the borders to European immigration or Lisa Nandy decrying the British Empire and it's past, illustrates just how far you guys are away from normal people. But, keep it up. Self-destruction of the left is something that makes my heart soar.

I'm not wrong about the homophobia.

Where the left goes from the trouble it's in, no idea yet.

This site, with its current roster of tinfoil-hat-wearing/right-wing-conspiracy-theories-subscribing/ imagined Moz fan nut jobs on the one hand, and the equally loony and sickeningly mean spirited haters who CAN NOT LET GO of Moz, on the other, surely is in a sad state of affairs. Morrissey deserves better than this.

Whatever happened to the not so crazy fans? The ones who weren’t brainwashed by either side? The sensitive, kind, funny ones. Did they ever exist?

You don't even know who owns The Mirror, anything you say bravo to is bound to be bs.

BS? Brilliantly said? What's this and a Mirror? You haven't broken another one with your fizzog have you?

This site, with its current roster of tinfoil-hat-wearing/right-wing-conspiracy-theories-subscribing/ imagined Moz fan nut jobs on the one hand, and the equally loony and sickeningly mean spirited haters who CAN NOT LET GO of Moz, on the other, surely is in a sad state of affairs. Morrissey deserves better than this.

Whatever happened to the not so crazy fans? The ones who weren’t brainwashed by either side? The sensitive, kind, funny ones. Did they ever exist?

They're hiding. We'll get them back out eventually.

What does that make you then Nerak - a defender and pedophile symathiser?

Oh, you don't want to go down that road with 'Karen'. In a previous life, known then as the hateful troll Reelfountain, she actually attempted to describe a convicted paedophile as a victim.

She's trying out this new character of hers in an attempt to make herself seem palatable.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom