Fiona Dodwell interview - Felten Ink (Jan. 30, 2020)

On Mozza: "He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own"

I saw interview on Fiona dodwell about her writing and they ended asking some questions about why she likes Mozza and why she would still support him, and I think it hits the nail on the head for a lot of fans who still stand by Morrissey, so thought worth sharing

Link to the full thing is here

FIONA DODWELL: “INEXPLICABLE EVENTS HAVE PROBABLY PLANTED LITTLE SEEDS OF INSPIRATION.” - Felten Ink

I have to ask you about Morrissey, after all, you drew my attention with your interviews and I’ve been following you on social media ever since. What do you think that’s so divisive about him among people?

I think Morrissey is seen by some as a “divisive” figure because there simply is no one else out there like him, being so truthful, so open, so willing to discuss things that others won’t. He doesn’t pander to the press, he doesn’t bind himself to the apparent “boundaries” that other artists apply themselves to (out of fear of being controversial or opinionated). He is a rarity, a non-conformist, and because of that, people are sometimes shocked. Wow – a singer with an opinion? Aren’t they just supposed to stand there and inoffensively nod along? No, Morrissey has never been like that and it’s one of the reasons I admire him. There are few like him out there, we should treasure the braver souls amongst us.

What was the initial attraction for you?

First and foremost it’s about the music. That’s the main thing. He is an absolutely outstanding artist, entirely in a league of his own. I know I have spent many years with his music as the “backdrop” to my daily life and so his lyrics, his albums, are very special to me. Then, as we discussed above, there is his confidence and willingness to be bold and strong in the face of some really bad treatment from the mainstream media. That’s something I admire, more than I can express. I get bored of people who try to blend in, or who baulk at the idea of standing-out. It excites me when I see somebody who is willing to go against the grain, and let’s face it, Morrissey does this often. Alongside all of this, I’ve always admired his stance on animal rights.

Why do you think certain elements of the press now take such an unfavourable stance towards him?

I think it’s a combination of lazy journalism, lazy thinking and the hunger to be seen as “politically correct” in a climate where being offended is the fashion. Rarely does the mainstream press actually stop and examine why Morrissey says what he says, they just seem to take a line or two and then run away with their own story.

I find myself agreeing with him more than anything else, but I’d be appalled to be labelled ‘far right’…

It’s the names and labels that do the most damage. If you call somebody “far right” or “racist” then you have blocked the debate at hand, and stopped people examining the specific issues that are being discussed. Plenty of times, Morrissey has made valid points or issues that are relevant, yet what he says isn’t dissected, it’s people’s opinions about what he says that are instead dissected. Why are the mainstream so afraid of actually discussing what he says with level-headedness? Why does everything have to come down to name-calling, immature headlines and mud-slinging? Nobody needs to agree with what another says to at least respectfully hear them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disliking Peter Satchell because I don't agree with lowering or abolishing age of consent doesn't make me homophobic. Young people need protection by law from sexual exploitation whatever their sexuality.

Morrissey doesn't lie if he lied about his opinions he'd probably never get into trouble would he? Maybe if he did lie he'd be safer
He lies like a f***ing rug.

Veganism, sexuality, chart positions, cancer, Italian police, TSFA searches... The list is endless.

Morrissey is a self-righteous man-toddler who lies like a sack of shit for his own benefit - at EVERYONE else’s expense.

Next topic. This one’s f***ing sad, tired and only debatable by tiny-minded rubes who’ve nothing more in their miserable lives than a half-baked, “poor-me”, sad Vegas clown - who’s happy to steal their single-mother’s dole check for a quarter wheel of Kerrygold and a fifth of vodka.

Fak Arf

Disliking Peter Satchell because I don't agree with lowering or abolishing age of consent doesn't make me homophobic. Young people need protection by law from sexual exploitation whatever their sexuality.

It is homophobia. He gets a couple of comments cast at him over & over because he's a gay man & it fits with the prejudice that gay men are child molesters.

What he suggested was that the law was 14 if both parties were under 16 so children wouldn't be criminalised.

How does lowering the age of consent protect a 60year old from exploiting or grooming a 14 year old in law.

Libertarians like Tatchell are dangerous.

Give them 14 and they'd want 12... then 10... then ZERO.

They believe there should be no limits on everything and people should be allowed to make their own choices. There have been left wing libertarians petitioning for the legalisation of paedophilia since Simone de Beauvoir (a paedo herself) and her crowd.

Ha! Dodders claims "lazy journalism" regarding those who write about Morrissey. This from a one-trick Moz pony. Priceless. The woman lives her life on the coat-tails of someone else. Sad.

I wonder what ReelKaren makes of all this? She certainly won't shut her yap, that's for sure. Over to you, ReelKaren.

It's also ridiculous. There's a right-wing press circuit he could have courted if he wanted to. He has or had concerns about sharia law, a lot of people do, I know Peter Tatchell does because we spoke about it.

Was that before or after you spoke with Malcolm X? What a vivid imagination you have? Did you speak with Tatchell on Buchanan (s)treet when you were buying your badge? Pitiful. Your name dropping speaks volumes.

It is homophobia. He gets a couple of comments cast at him over & over because he's a gay man & it fits with the prejudice that gay men are child molesters.

What he suggested was that the law was 14 if both parties were under 16 so children wouldn't be criminalised.

Heard the name of dead Labour MP Robert Boothby before? Big fan of The Krays. Used to go to Kray Partys and get rent boys to piss on him.

Oh god you'll go to the end of the earth to defend Morrissey's every utterance and appear to express some nonsenical telepathic insight into his every intention and meaning as if you are him. But no understanding why someone couldn't like Tatshell's view on age of consent without being homophobic.

Oh god you'll go to the end of the earth to defend Morrissey's every utterance and appear to express some nonsenical telepathic insight into his every intention and meaning as if you are him. But no understanding why someone couldn't like Tatshell's view on age of consent without being homophobic.

Why did you have to bring up one issue he's mentioned to imply he's company I shouldn't be keeping? He's been a gay rights campaigner for 50 years.

That is homophobia. You reduced him to one opinion & you implied he was a paedophile because of it. And people only do that because he's gay.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom