"Happiets Days of Your Life" (1950 film) & Morrissey

T

Tingle

This film was on TV in the UK last Saturday. I watched it not only because Alastair Sims and Joyce Grenfell are in it are in it but because I think Morrissey said something about it once - I believe he admired Margaret Rutherford's performance. I was looking out for references and all I could find were the fact that a load of school boys arrived at the school on bicycles (perhaps referenced by the video for "Stop Me...."?) and that towards the end of the film some buses arrive with still more children and the buses look just like the one Morrissey arrives at Wolverhampton in on 'Hulmerist'.

Re: "Happiest Days of Your Life" (1950 film) & Morrissey

> Morrissey said something about it once

Yes, the "Headful of Heroes" article in the NME not only had his favorite "Singles TBCW", but also his fav films:

"BACK ROW"
Yield To The Night (1956)
The Member Of The Wedding (1953)
The Old Dark House (1932)
The Barretts Of Wimpole Street (1934)
The Leather Boys (1963)
The Family Way (1966)
Jane Eyre (1943)
The Naked Truth (1957)
Hobson's Choice (1953)
Victim (1961)
The Servant (1963)
The Happiest Days Of Your Life (1950)
A Night To Remember (1958)

I've made a zip file of all the movies and you can download it here... um, no sorry. Would've been nice though.

Re: oh, btw

By the way, they didn't play the Vince Eager song yet at Sounds Of The Sixties, did they? But they gave BOTH "Work Is A 4 Letter Word" and "Terry" a spin in this week's show!
Maybe they do have a weak spot for Moz after all?

Re: oh, btw

> By the way, they didn't play the Vince Eager song yet at Sounds Of The
> Sixties, did they? But they gave BOTH "Work Is A 4 Letter Word"
> and "Terry" a spin in this week's show!
> Maybe they do have a weak spot for Moz after all?

Hmmm, seems they've overlooked my request CW. Are we still in search of a 'better' recording of Vince Eager's tune? How about asking for it yourself - you may have more luck than me. It seems that requests are played for people with birthdays or ruby wedding anniversaries etc - "Loneliest Man" seems to be an inappropriate choice for a birthday - maybe someone should request it in memory of someone now departed!

Back
Top Bottom