Headmaster 7" - the different cowboy sleeves

Flax

I put this together, to clarify what was released:

headmaster7.jpg

Flax, does your theory still hold true that Rhino copied your website image to recreate the singles - something about a blemish on the printing?

Dave

Last edited:
Flax, does your theory still hold true that Rhino copied your website image to recreate the singles - something about a blemish on the printing?

Dave

Yeah. It sounds a bit delusional, I know, but this is my theory.
The cover of the original Dutch 7" is made with a very thin paper, and although I'm lucky enough to have a copy in excellent condition, I can see in the back a very small gray mark caused by the pressure of the label on the vinyl, precisely on the letters "LLATE WIL".

I know that every other single copy of the original 7" will have the same problem but the mark in the back of my copy is identical of what's printed in the back of the Rhino and and 2 Record Day releases.

Here is the back of my original 7", after I increased the color contrast on Photoshop, so you can see the marks I'm talking about... now check any of the reissues very closely :cool:

headmaster_stain.jpg

does anyone know why the UK version's hole was punched bigger AFTER it was printed, cutting off the writing already printed on the label?

Not sure man. I have 3 copies of the RSD release of this if anyone needs one/wants an extra? ALL are in Mint shape, I will trade(prefer) or sell.

does anyone know why the UK version's hole was punched bigger AFTER it was printed, cutting off the writing already printed on the label?

Simply because this is exactly the same record and label originally released as part of the 7" box set.

For whatever reason they decided to re-release this record with a jukebox center for Record Store Day in the UK.
In my opinion, the fact that some of the writing / printing is no longer visible due to the large hole makes the record look tacky and unattractive.

This is why I have bought the USA release instead, I also own the original Dutch 7" and the box set released last year.

I guess they were trying to reproduce the original Dutch design (photo attached) but they have failed miserably.

I would like to add that the RSD UK release has a glossy paper sleeve compared to the box set copy.

Furthermore the tint of the RSD release is black whereas my box set release is quite brown.

Last edited:
The shot of Headmaster seems so strange....

That boy... I do not know why, but I think this cover so strange

Tags
flax rocks
Back
Top Bottom