Honestly, The Smiths just need to play a show together

B

blahblah88

I know, I know...don't come at me. It just needs to happen. Screw the politics. Screw the drama. They need to grow the eff up. Stop whining and whinging. Play the damn music for the people! They are possibly the most inspirational band next to The Beatles. Yes, it's true. Moz needs to get his head out of his ass and the rest need to just get over it. Get back together and play the damn music. I'd travel to England just to see it.

why,i wouldnt be anywhere near it if they did,it would be done for all the wrong reasons.
M will take his hatred of joyce to the grave,somebody threatens to take your mothers house,would you share a stage with this person.

It's just been too long. Are you really hungry to see grey, middle-aged, podgy Smiths, wearing crap slogan T-shirts and trudging through Munich Air Disaster (Moz would crowbar his solo material into any 'reunion') in between the old stuff?
A single one-off 'appearance', a thawing of tensions between Johnny and Moz - that would be great but that's all I'd want to see. And the damage Moz has done to his career over the last 2 years has pretty much killed any possibility of that.

It's just been too long. Are you really hungry to see grey, middle-aged, podgy Smiths, wearing crap slogan T-shirts and trudging through Munich Air Disaster (Moz would crowbar his solo material into any 'reunion') in between the old stuff?
A single one-off 'appearance', a thawing of tensions between Johnny and Moz - that would be great but that's all I'd want to see. And the damage Moz has done to his career over the last 2 years has pretty much killed any possibility of that.
Agreed
Why break something that’s fixed.

The last time I might have wanted to see a Smiths reunion was probably around 2002, before the comeback. Johnny's solo career hadn't happened yet, Morrissey hadn't put a record out in many years and everyone still looked good. It's too late now.

Morrissey doesn’t give a crap about a reunion, he’s a success, and his last album it’s up there with the best.

:cool:

on the other hand, Johnny’s so-called solo career never even got off the ground Yes yes yes he sold some albums he did some shows etc. but that’s not really a true artistic success not really.

yeah I agree he’s a good guitarist and wrote some great songs back in the day I mean his time with the Smiths. Now Johnny really would benefit from a Smiths reunion.

Andy will be asked. Maybe.

Mike won’t be asked, he did it to
himself.

Last edited:
Morrissey doesn’t give one crap about a reunion, he’s a success, and his last album it’s up there with the best.

:cool:
on the other hand, Johnny’s so-called solo career never even got off the ground Yes yes yes he sold some albums he did some shows etc. but that’s not really a true artistic success not really.

yeah I agree he’s a good guitarist and wrote some great songs back in the day I mean his time with the Smiths. Now Johnny really would benefit from a Smiths reunion.

Andy will be asked. Maybe.

Mike won’t be asked, he did it to
himself.

True in 2005 maybe, utterly out of date now.

True in 2005 maybe, utterly out of date now.

The only reunion that Johnny will ever be involved in is with Electronic and I wouldn't be surprised if there was something bubbling away during the current pandemic.

LOL, unfortunately not many people bought Morrissey's last album in the UK.

There you go again :sleeping:

as if record and ticket sales had anything to do with true artistic success :lbf:

it is something Johnny Marr hasn’t known about in a long long time... true artistic success.

The only reunion that Johnny will ever be involved in is with Electronic and I wouldn't be surprised if there was something bubbling away during the current pandemic.

doh::laughing:

Yes no one would be surprised if there was an electronic reunion.

Yes an unsurprising and pathetic move on their part.

:sleeping:

There you go again :sleeping:

as if record and ticket sales had anything to do with true artistic success :lbf:

it is something Johnny Marr hasn’t known about in a long long time... true artistic success.

Depends on what your view of true artistic success means - here is a view from the Philosophy Of Art.

There are artists and artists. Some are considered successful, but in reality are unhappy. Some are unknown, but happy. Some can pay their bills from what they earn. Some don't earn anything. Some dream of worldwide fame, but never get it. Some don't even think about getting famous, but they get "discovered". Some have talent, others not really. Some love their art, others think it's never good enough.

doh::laughing:

Yes no one would be surprised if there was an electronic reunion.

Yes an unsurprising and pathetic move on their part.

:sleeping:

Why is it a pathetic move on their part? They are 2 guys who have a passion for music, get on with each other very well, live near each other, why shouldn't they make music together.

Depends on what your view of true artistic success means - here is a view from the Philosophy Of Art.

There are artists and artists. Some are considered successful, but in reality are unhappy. Some are unknown, but happy. Some can pay their bills from what they earn. Some don't earn anything. Some dream of worldwide fame, but never get it. Some don't even think about getting famous, but they get "discovered". Some have talent, others not really. Some love their art, others think it's never good enough.

Yeah we all appreciate that you took the time to Google that information for us. lol. So what’s your point ?

True artistic success in your view must mean album and ticket sales because you bring it up over and over and over again.

He's been on stage with Bernard quite a few times in recent years, I think it has already happened (in a way).

Back
Top Bottom