IANADOAC debuts in Billboard album sales charts (US) - #19 in Top Album Sales

"As record stores were forced to close up shop last week due to coronavirus concerns, and music fans became preoccupied with social distancing and quarantine, U.S. album sales hit a new weekly low.

In the week ending March 19, overall album sales fell 29% to 1.52 million, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. That number combines sales of all formats of albums: digital albums, CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes and so forth."

Above courtesy of Billboard. Big impact.

"As record stores were forced to close up shop last week due to coronavirus concerns, and music fans became preoccupied with social distancing and quarantine, U.S. album sales hit a new weekly low.

In the week ending March 19, overall album sales fell 29% to 1.52 million, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. That number combines sales of all formats of albums: digital albums, CDs, vinyl LPs, cassettes and so forth."

Above courtesy of Billboard. Big impact.

Did that only affect Morrissey, how did the rest of the Billboard 200 manage to sell anything. It’s all relative.

Did that only affect Morrissey, how did the rest of the Billboard 200 manage to sell anything. It’s all relative.
#19 in Top Album Sales
#18 in Top Current Album Sales

So it sold reasonably well.
Don’t know how that Billboard 200 is compiled? Streams will be a huge factor.

They are updated on Monday and Wednesday.
Bloody hell! He’s not in the UK top 100 after 3 days and he never made the US top 200. ???????????????????????????????

I didn't say anywhere that it had only affected Morrissey.

Pfff so lazy. Top song from Dog has 1 million.
Comparing to The Weeknd is like comparing The Smiths sales to Michael Jackson’s, ridiculous.

go and see on spotify for yourself before you call others lazy and relying on "someone posted it"- answers and asking for links. That racists carreer is over!

#19 in Top Album Sales

But not enough to get in the Billboard 200, his first album not to get in the chart.

#19 in Top Album Sales

[/Streams of music videos will now be counted toward the publication's weekly album charts, including the Billboard 200. YouTube streams will be counted the same way as streams from other platforms like Apple Music and Spotify,

But not enough to get in the Billboard 200, his first album not to get in the chart.
Yes it should have had more physical sales, as Moz-album performance cannot rely on streams.
And with many shops being closed due to Corona I’m not surprised he sold less than usual. So top 20 in sales is still pretty good in my book :)

Yes it should have had more physical sales, as Moz-album performance cannot rely on streams.
And with many shops being closed due to Corona I’m not surprised he sold less than usual. So top 20 in sales is still pretty good in my book :)

Do they not have Amazon in the US?

No amount of bile you spew can detract from people's enjoyment of the new album.
I think that's quite an astute observation. In what sense will words on a screen affect anyone's enjoyment of whatever music they listen to? No one. No one will take notice. Not least a numbers-obsessed supporter of far-right goons.

What with this global crisis going on, would buying an album, any album, have been at the top of anyone's list of things to do? I doubt it. And even if it had been top of their list, they couldn't have bought it anywhere physically because the stores were closed. Some people have bigger priorities in life.

What with this global crisis going on, would buying an album, any album, have been at the top of anyone's list of things to do? I doubt it. And even if it had been top of their list, they couldn't have bought it anywhere physically because the stores were closed. Some people have bigger priorities in life.

Amazon? That's where I got my copy. How did people buy albums by the 200 artists in the Billboard 200?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom