Internet archive - National Emergency Library - free books

Just like Joy Division were plagued by accusations of racism. Their very name caused gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair. New Order were similarly tarred. But reviews of a New Order album never brings it up or wastes half the review accusing them. Similarly Robert Smith was briefly a pariah for his 'Killing An Arab' song but that was soon forgotten about. How about the many racist black singers that call for violence against police and whites or calling each other the 'N' word. That's ok too. Spice Girls wearing Union Jack is 'cute', but Moz holding the flag is jingoistic racism. Stupid twats.
In 1984 The Sun had an article accusing Morrissey of writing songs with paedophilic lyrics. They were effectively accusing Moz of being a paedophile and The Smiths of being a paedo-sympathetic band. Nobody batted an eyelid and the whole thing was quickly forgotten.

Imagine nowadays if a band were accused of this?

People would be in meltdown.

Last edited:
In 1984 The Sun had an article accusing Morrissey of writing songs with paedophilic lyrics. They were effectively accusing Moz of being a paedophile and The Smiths being a paedo-sympathetic band. Nobody batted an eyelid and the whole thing was quickly forgotten.

Imagine nowadays if a band were accused of this?

People would be in meltdown.

I saw that article, they called him 'sinister', as did one of the recent batshit ones, was it The Quietus??

Should be Exhib A in the 'Monstering Morrissey is the mainstream Queer Bashing the marginal' defense case.

I saw that article, they called him 'sinister', as did one of the recent batshit ones, was it The Quietus??

Should be Exhib A in the 'Monstering Morrissey is the mainstream Queer Bashing the marginal' defense case.
The Sun article was a very inaccurate - it got all the lyrics and song titles mixed up. I think it also said he wrote a song praising the Moors murderers!

The Quietus article was farcical to the point of infantile.

Here's the PDF of Saint Morrissey.
DRM & time limit removed - for those who take their time reading.
As it's a scan of each page, the PDF is 50+ mb and can be slow to load depending on what software you use to view said files, but fully working.
Regards,
FWD.

Scanned from the Boston Public Library - wicked pissah!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom