Irish Examiner: "Suzanne Harrington - It's a blow when heroes like Morrissey and John Lydon turn out to be idiots" (October 5, 2020)

He's going to be fine - just like the vast majority of the population will be just fine.

We've all got covid hysteria - and some have it really bad.

He's 74 and obese. He's the exactly the type that fares badly with this virus. He should have stayed in the hospital instead of running around like a third world dictator. He should at least have found a double for those kinds of stunts, as they do.

Look at this one, breathing looks actually painful for him.

Another bore who wants to claim ownership of someone because she bought their record, attended a show, or whatever. "He's offending us" except no. I think Morrissey says some things that are ignorant and disappointing but he made a really great record with IANADOAC and if I'm disappointed by something some pop singer says to get attention I'm willing to admit that it's my own fault because I fell for it. His mic should only be turned on when he is singing.
As for John Lydon he's been a huge part of two of the greatest rock records ever, Never Mind The Bollocks, and Metal Box. I'm pretty sure that whatever made him want to wear a Trump t-shirt doesn't #cancel that.
Being a fan of anyone is a disease and everyone lets you down eventually. Enjoy the music or don't but if you think you have some valuable insight into the person because you like their music or they said something clever in an interview you're an idiot.

never heard of her,next.

always funny to see how the 14 registered sectarians here react on the news that their God is perceived as a racist/idiot outside their cult bubble

Agree. But its people who made them "gods". I admire morrissey as an artist (lyricist) and I pretty liked his public profile during Tormentors or Refusal Era. I still really like him, but I've never found true reason for people obsession to fight for shirt or to get a sign.
Totally agree
If you Worship Idols you are bound to be disappointed.
I stood by and watched people almost slay one another over a shirt it’s sad I am like you musically lyrically persona wise I enjoy these things.
He’s just a man he’s flawed makes mistakes why do people expect perfection?

reader.jpg

If the Sex Pistols had started in 2020 they wouldn't have lasted a single week before the current generation of perpetually offended Twitter kids got triggered and cancelled them.

If the Sex Pistols had started in 2020 they wouldn't have lasted a single week before the current generation of perpetually offended Twitter kids got triggered and cancelled them.
Yes indeed
Those Twitter kids have been fed on pop fodder (pig s***) since birth
They would not be able to distinguish art from fart
These kids understand only one thing “Sex” sells
Long on skin short on clothes writhe around and dry hump to meaningless words.
They will do whatever it takes to get shot into the slimelight and if that includes selling their souls so be it.

He's going to be fine - just like the vast majority of the population will be just fine.

We've all got covid hysteria - and some have it really bad.

He's not doing fine. He is struggling to breathe. It's also Covid hysteria to pretend it's nothing for political appearances.

It doesn't have to be either extreme.

They'll rewrite the same article forever until they get a new angle.

Nick Cohen has done another article about arts witch hunts... will no one notice that our reckless animal liberationist had the same thing happen?

(Jenny is lovely & the Scottish poetry thing was nasty & based on nothing)

20201006_122723.jpg

They'll rewrite the same article forever until they get a new angle.

Nick Cohen has done another article about arts witch hunts... will no one notice that our reckless animal liberationist had the same thing happen?

(Jenny is lovely & the Scottish poetry thing was nasty & based on nothing)

View attachment 59788
Wow.

Suzanne Harrington: It's a blow when heroes like Morrissey and John Lydon turn out to be idiots

Another one of those brief articles.
The writer's Twitter description:
"Journalist & author & vegan lefty tree hugging snowflake".

Regards,
FWD.
David Bowie got himself "reinstated". Gary Lineker and Marcus "I am Bro" Rashford are making humanity great again. Hilarious piece of "journalism". And if Trump doesn't make it, we've got Creepy or is it Sleepy Joe Biden to do the same in the U.S. Suzanne is the epitome of what it means to be working in MSM these days. :clap:

I was thinking the same with married with children. it wouldn’t be made today.

The problem I have with articles like these, aside from not really getting into any sort of substance, Is that there’s no room for any grey areas. Morrissey was great and super smart when I agreed with him and when I don’t on subjects I don’t morrisseys an idiot who's worthless. All it signals to me is that the person speaking is having an emotional moment and people do seem like they’re trying to keep public opinions in line

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom