Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Read>Review>Research>Analyse>Filter>Decide...problem is who has the time to do all that on a regular basis?
I would say no one who actually works for a living has the time to do this, unless they have a dedicated interest. And then it all changes the next day so I don't really see the point, it's hardly efficient use of time. So most people go Read>Decide.
This is why we have grablines & headlines to pull you in (Did you see the headlines?, Did you see the grablines?), & the obvious clickbait stuff.
I'd say that time is at a surplus now for many so there is no excuse for not educating oneself beyond the hyperbole.

I'd say that time is at a surplus now for many so there is no excuse for not educating oneself beyond the hyperbole.

Now it is, provided you have the inclination & are not totally cabbage-brained through going stir-crazy, but in normal circumstances I stand by my earlier point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of China: This from a BBC report.

China has approved the use of bear bile to treat critically ill coronavirus patients.
The National Health Commission has recommended the use of Tan Re Qing - an injection that contains bear bile, goat horn and herbs - to treat patients with Covid-19. But there is no evidence the mixture has any medicinal value.
Bear bile, which is produced in the liver and stored in the gall bladder, has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years and fetches a high price in the illegal international market.
The move to approve its use has angered animal rights activists and comes just weeks after the country banned the sale of wild animals for food.

Source from National Geographic
China promotes bear bile as coronavirus treatment, alarming wildlife advocates

Now it is, provided you have the inclination & are not totally cabbage-brained though going stir-crazy, but in normal circumstances I stand by my earlier point.
I have an overwhelming desire at the moment to microwave and consume frozen green beans.

Interesting from the BBC this morning: Coronavirus measures 'making us more vulnerable to certain crimes'

The European police agency has warned that changes in how we live and work in response to coronavirus are making us more vulnerable to certain crimes.
  • Europol's report, entitled Catching the Virus, shows the impact of the pandemic has so far been most visible in cybercrime.
  • Distribution of child sexual exploitation material appears to be on the rise and in some countries there has been an increase in adult offenders trying to make contact with children on social media.
  • The report warns that parents working from home, giving their children unrestricted access to the internet, makes young people more vulnerable to predators online.
  • There is also a danger social distancing measures will result in a rise in teenagers sharing graphic images of themselves with their peers or strangers.
  • The European crime fighting agency also highlights an increase in disinformation, which it said could undermine efforts to prevent the virus spreading.

Sadly, this is probably true. It's fine if there's nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix, but you would think (or at least hope) that people under quarantines and lockdowns would f*** using contraception. Even if the corona virus itself turns out to be much ado about next-to-nothing, it still seems like anyone with a bit of sense would have one look at all the unreasonable panic, spazzing, hoarding, and economy-tanking it's causing among homo sapiens and pause to consider whether they want to bring a new member of the species in.

It would be cruel to say that anyone "gets the parents they deserve," but you get the parents you get. Pity the poor corona children.

You're a fear mongering coward. Stop telling people to make life you weasel

What does this mean?

It means, in context to McFate's response (It's fine if there's nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix, but you would think (or at least hope) that people under quarantines and lockdowns would f*** using contraception.) stop telling people to breed...which he actually isn't, but realised there might be corona babies thru ppl mating (Pity the poor corona children).

It means, in context to McFate's response (It's fine if there's nothing to do but f*** and watch Netflix, but you would think (or at least hope) that people under quarantines and lockdowns would f*** using contraception.) stop telling people to breed...which he actually isn't, but realised there might be corona babies thru ppl mating (Pity the poor corona children).
I'd rather hear it from the source. He claims to have a high IQ and what seems to be a failed attempt at communicating what we could charitably call his thoughts might actually be deeply meaningful and intelligent. You're admitting that his reply is either misunderstanding the post he's responding to or he can't string a few words together intelligibly so I think your post is a guess. But thank you.

Back
Top Bottom