iTunes $20 Gift Card For YOR?

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
For Christmas, one of my family members gave me a $20 iTunes Gift Card. I've already download "Years of Refusal" and would like a physical copy. I'd be willing to exchange the $20 iTunes card for a new "Years of Refusal" CD or Paypal.

Amazon U.S. is selling YOR for $9.99. Even if you add a decent shipping rate, that might make it $13.99? So, you'd be essentially making a few iTunes bucks just for helping me out.

I'll send you the iTunes card number first. I'm not trying to scam anyone. If you are in the U.S. like me, I might want a telephone number so we could talk before I send the iTunes GC # to you via e-mail (or in physical form if you'd like).

I promise no scamming on my end, and I really hope a good natured Morrissey fan will help me out!:)

Feel free to Private Message me or post thoughts/questions/concerns here.

Thanks,

J

I don't understand why you need somebody to help you, what is stopping you doing it yourself? I am in the UK, PM me if I can help at all?

ML

I don't understand why you need somebody to help you, what is stopping you doing it yourself? I am in the UK, PM me if I can help at all?

ML

In short, I was laid off last year. I want to buy the Morrissey album, but I cannot justify spending the money when I'm married with kids - their needs come first. So, basically I have this iTunes card (which has value to it) and I'm hoping I can parlay it into purchasing an actual physical copy of the new Moz CD.

I went on Ebay last night, and it seems there are a great number of people selling gift cards for reduced prices, i.e. a $20 iTunes card goes for $16.99. So, if no one bites here, I will have to go that route. Which should be fine because I have a user rating which is very high.

I was just hoping there would be someone who downloads a lot from iTunes, that way we could both benefit.

Thanks,

J:)

I believe the main reason people sell iTunes gift cards on eBay is so people from differenct countries can get around the iTunes country exclusivity regulation. For example, US residents cannot purchase tracks from the UK iTunes Store and vice versa. If a US residents tries to purchase a track using a UK gift card, it'll direct them to the UK store and require them to create an account for that country's store. As long as you put in phoney UK info then you'll be able to download tracks from that store. That's how I get tracks from the UK store that are not available in the US store.

joey

I believe the main reason people sell iTunes gift cards on eBay is so people from differenct countries can get around the iTunes country exclusivity regulation. For example, US residents cannot purchase tracks from the UK iTunes Store and vice versa. If a US residents tries to purchase a track using a UK gift card, it'll direct them to the UK store and require them to create an account for that country's store. As long as you put in phoney UK info then you'll be able to download tracks from that store. That's how I get tracks from the UK store that are not available in the US store

Yes, that's what I was getting at. But how can you trust the seller to give you a legit code?

Yes, that's what I was getting at. But how can you trust the seller to give you a legit code?

I suppose with Ebay you have the seller rating system. For the record, mine is a U.S. gift card.:)

This discussion certainly enlightened me. I didn't think there was a way around the U.K. exclusive iTunes. There are quite a few singers and bands which are not featured on the U.S. iTunes but are available on the U.K. side. I suppose the opposite is also true.

you really want to go through all that trouble just to make 7 bucks?

I would be losing 7 dollars!:confused: I'm not sure why this is so complicated?

Anyway, I went the Ebay route. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150325430956&Category=31411

It's a very fair deal. It turns out the card was for $25 U.S., I have a "Buy It Now" price of $17.99. I have an eleven year history on Ebay with a 100% feedback rating. So, if you like iTunes and want to get a great bargain: here you go!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
help! help! itunes trade years of refusal
Back
Top Bottom