Johnny Marr IG: Amplifiers used during The Smiths era

Nice of Johnny to give Noel a menu of
amps that he can use for the reunion.

:D

I don't know how to phrase it exactly, so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as if Johnny is a bit hung up on a band that he quit a long time ago. He needs to show the amps he used?
In numerous interviews, he goes in depth on, and demonstrates how he wrote created certain tunes or parts of Smiths songs.
I do find that creativity interesting but I find it curious that he never, at least I haven't seen, goes in depth the same way for his own solo material, or what he wrote for the Cribs, or for Modest Mouse, or the Healers.
To me, its as if he only has eyes for his Smiths work.

:persevere:

now that :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant use them anymore they will all go to the dumpster.:package:

I find it curious that he never, at least I haven't seen, goes in depth the same way for his own solo material, or what he wrote for the Cribs, or for Modest Mouse, or the Healers.

And rightly so. Johnny isn’t dumb, he knows what music (he has had a big hand in creating) that will stand the test of time.

Don’t think he really believes in his solo work and other projects, those things fall more in the category of ‘paying the bills’. Not to say he doesn’t enjoy or put work into what he does, he just knows what’s worth talking about and preserving, which is the work he’s done with Morrissey.

I don't know how to phrase it exactly, so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as if Johnny is a bit hung up on a band that he quit a long time ago. He needs to show the amps he used?
In numerous interviews, he goes in depth on, and demonstrates how he wrote created certain tunes or parts of Smiths songs.
I do find that creativity interesting but I find it curious that he never, at least I haven't seen, goes in depth the same way for his own solo material, or what he wrote for the Cribs, or for Modest Mouse, or the Healers.

he never had anything going in his 'solo career':lbf:
the poor Pewish cuck.:oops:
all that Cribs Mouse Healers stuff is primo Sucko music. Nobody would remind themselves of it.
o_O

he probably dumping all that useless stuff now that he can hardly play anymore.:frowning:

This is Johnny just fanning the 'Smiths re-union' flames just a little bit more...& why not?...some gullible sods will swallow it eagerly...oh yes look, they already are.

And rightly so. Johnny isn’t dumb, he knows what music (he has had a big hand in creating) that will stand the test of time.

Don’t think he really believes in his solo work and other projects, those things fall more in the category of ‘paying the bills’. Not to say he doesn’t enjoy or put work into what he does, he just knows what’s worth talking about and preserving, which is the work he’s done with Morrissey.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, KS.
His other stuff is forgettable, not even worth mentioning at all, whereas The Smiths stuff is totally memorable, still has a great following, is still relevant & is being discussed.

Trill, if you think I am a Troll, you're an A-Hole.

Agree with this. It makes sense to be proud of your own songs, but Johnny hasn't really done much other 'writing' since the Smiths. He played on albums and might have written 1 or 2 songs for The The / Modest Mouse / the Cribs / The Pretenders etc, but that's all it was - glorified session work. Electronic was a side project. I always felt that dissatisfaction with that ^ is really what drove him to go solo.

Seems like a bitchy thing for Johnny to say in 2019. Why not give the fans what they want.

Mark my words when I say Jesus will rise again (as will M's bank account) when M decides to sing a set of 45 Smiths songs with a backing band of bunnies on harp.

Last edited:
A friend collected those same ones. Took years, and hundreds of $ (not including framing costs), to finally get all (5?).

there’s more than five, not sure exactly how many in total and not sure exactly how many we’re done by Capital Printers. I know of 14 smiths subways but there’s probably more.

This is Johnny just fanning the 'Smiths re-union' flames just a little bit more...& why not?...some gullible sods will swallow it eagerly...oh yes look, they already are.

If there is one Gallagher from Oasis will doing the guitar. Moz owns the name and decides. Johnny Le Pew has regressed musically since being tossed from the Smiths, so he wont be part of any reunion, should there be one.

Agree with this. It makes sense to be proud of your own songs, but Johnny hasn't really done much other 'writing' since the Smiths. He played on albums and might have written 1 or 2 songs for The The / Modest Mouse / the Cribs / The Pretenders etc, but that's all it was - glorified session work. Electronic was a side project. I always felt that dissatisfaction with that ^ is really what drove him to go solo.

Yeah sure, probably is what drove him to finally do it, also you make more money when you don’t have to share song credits, etc.

:D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom