OI Katastrofa(n)
hasnt the "Docile One" aka :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
released this suco song 5-6 times already FFS
same sucy :guitar: over and over again:straightface:lll

except this time his extended audience is not
killer comets but 'the gods', Apollo, Hermes, Zeus, Pluto:lbf:
they are supposed to finish us off:tears:

:hammer:

Music is ok, lyrics are disappointing word salad as usual.

Music is ok, lyrics are disappointing word salad as usual.

I don't even think the music's okay - bland muzak. God, what an awful song, but no surprise. And the video's cringeworthy too. How much worse can this guy get? Every time he releases a new record I think he's touched bottom, only to be proven wrong with the next release. Still, as long as none of his releases touch my bottom, I can live with it.

I really want to love a Johnny Marr release - I feel he has given me so many pleasureable moments in my life that I keep hoping he will deliver.
Amy ^^^ spot on. 😢

This is a totally enthralling song. I can’t get enough of it - that chorus just shows Johnny still has the knack of writing a catchy pop tune. Should be a big song for him!

The music sounds like a Menswear b-side and the ‘lyrics’ you might likely find written in crayon on the insides of children’s colouring book.

Holy f*** this is the same dude that wrote ‘How Soon Is Now.’

sounds so similar to The Messenger and everything since?

Catchy enough little tune, better appreciated by not watching a "Lyric" video.
Why have a 'lyric' video, with lyrics as bad as this? Just draws attention to them.

"What I need, it never stops
All my fears and I get got."

Christ. I really want to believe there's a 'reason' for why a clever guy is writing such braindead dreck - like he's struggling to pull a vocal melody together or something & just going for simple rhymes to fit the music. I dunno. He can't be under any illusion that these lyrics are good, surely.

Last edited:
The music sounds like a Menswear b-side and the ‘lyrics’ you might likely find written in crayon on the insides of children’s colouring book.

Holy f*** this is the same dude that wrote ‘How Soon Is Now.’

No, this is the same dude that co-created the music for 'How Soon Is Now' with John Porter and Andy Rourke.

Morrissey wrote the lyrics and vocal melody.

All the same, yes, it's incredibly even to believe that the backing track to this song is by that Johnny Marr.

Why have a 'lyric' video, with lyrics as bad as this? Just draws attention to them.

Christ. I really want to believe there's a 'reason' for why a clever guy is writing such braindead dreck - like he's struggling to pull a vocal melody together or something & just going for simple rhymes to fit the music. I dunno. He can't be under any illusion that these lyrics are good, surely.
Maybe he started out with the Paul McCartney method, and just got stuck.
🎶 "Scrambled Eggs...."🎶

Maybe it’s Marr’s try at the Burroughs cut-up writing method? it worked for Bowie in the 70’s, but unfortunately it’s not working for Marr, a limited vocabulary maybe? a limited imagination?
Or maybe he’s purposefully dumbing it down to reach a wider audience?

Anyway, I think we’re gonna get much more of this in the future. I think Marr may falsely believe that his ‘success’ with these songs proves he has found the winning formula to
writing popular songs.

To me the vapid lyrics are a reflection of the music, goes in one ear and out the other, where is the dynamics, where is the craft and the depth? It’s simply not there anymore. Bland music for bland people, yes, ‘hit’ material.

I think Johnny has aspergers or some other mental condition.
He's worked with the best lyricists in rock and he makes this.
I can't wrap my head around it, he can write a book and he can give long interviews where he seems he has a somewhat higher or above average IQ,
but he can't see that these lyrics are completely meaningless.
There is nothing there especially on these last couple of albums.

Its like he uses a U2 AI lyric generator. Generic songs about hope, I guess?
I don't get it.

It feels like Johnny had different people producing Hi Hello from concept to finish. It doesn't resemble anything else he's put out recently. Bernard Sumner was a bad influence sorry to say. Ronnie Spector's passing is a biggie. I am so glad I got to her see her Christmas show in the 90s. That was good. Wall to wall Christmas Trees and they made it snow! She did Be my Baby too. I'm glad I saw that. She was from Washington Heights. A True Hero. Johnny Thunders wept openly. I love that soo much.

Back
Top Bottom