Johnny Marr wins 2021 Boss Lifetime Achievement Award

Screenshot_20210130-040754~2.png

Screenshot_20210130-040420~2.png

(Video stills from Marr's IG, Jan. 30th).

Article from 10 days prior:

Johnny Marr receives Boss Lifetime Achievement Award at NAMM Believe in Music Week

The Smiths legend and CE-2 Chorus pedal devotee is honored for “inspiring a generation to pick up a guitar”

Regards,
FWD.

If you are a music fan interested in the performance of music, it really is an advance in how a guitarist and singer performs on stage. It automates the process of the sound of the guitar by stepping on a pedal. For instance, if you want a chorus sound for a verse and then a more reverby sound for a solo, you do it by memorizing the pedal settings. For Johnny, he says it helps him maintain eye contact with the audience - something that's important to him as a performer.

It takes some practice to learn the tools you’re working with, but as much of a fan of music and it’s performance that I am, I wouldn’t really say that it’s so interesting a process to go out of my way to say or write that it is actually interesting.

You just don’t think. Full stop.
...because - like me - the person who posted that has a breadth and depth of musical interest and knowledge that transcends “You’re the one for me, Fatty”?

out of all the anonymous trolls you’re the ‘funniest’ and maybe saddest, so I guess you have that going for you.

I’m sorry, but why would you say or think that’s interesting?

I think this video shows the differences Ketamine, Bernard is using the latest approach with his compact multi effects box, whereas Phil is using the older approach which has loads of different pedals.

Reading the comments it looks like Johnny was at this gig.

I think this video shows the differences Ketamine, Bernard is using the latest approach with his compact multi effects box, whereas Phil is using the older approach which has loads of different pedals.

Reading the comments it looks like Johnny was at this gig.

I’m not asking about differences in electronic equipment.

Dingo... said ...

“An interesting thing in Johnny's BOSS video, that the fellow from Steely Dan pointed out, is that Johnny is known as the master of the GT1000 multi-effects processor. This takes the place of a huge pedal board like one that Boz is using in this video. The effects are programmed in and with a tap of a foot pedal, they can be called up during a performance.”

And I was asking him why he found that interesting.

Dingo... said ...

“An interesting thing in Johnny's BOSS video, that the fellow from Steely Dan pointed out, is that Johnny is known as the master of the GT1000 multi-effects processor. This takes the place of a huge pedal board like one that Boz is using in this video. The effects are programmed in and with a tap of a foot pedal, they can be called up during a performance.”

Ah ok, I suppose its interesting if you're into the technical aspect of music.

Ah ok, I suppose its interesting if you're into the technical aspect of music.

Nah, I guess when you actually use the gear (like I do, rack gear and pedals) then yes the equipment as a creative tool is very interesting and very exciting. But I don’t find it interesting that Johnny uses this particular effects unit, which is what I think Dingo found interesting and I wondered why.

Nah, I guess when you actually use the gear (like I do, rack gear and pedals) then yes the equipment as a creative tool is very interesting and very exciting. But I don’t find it interesting that Johnny uses this particular effects unit, which is what I think Dingo found interesting and I wondered why.

Them's a lotta pedals to use for your harmonica-a-a-a.

Johnny deserves it he's good people and Moz loves him .They both love each other even if they don't see each other.

A list? Are you looking for Melvis to rate on a list? Have you tried the frozen food section at the grocery store, ElevatorClassics.com or the Polish charts?

Stick to your Eurovision and Britain’s Got Talent shit, if you’re looking for a karaoke death squad, kiddo.

...and maybe have a gander at the video.

You gonna start smack-talking Skunk Baxter, in your emoji-laden, broken English now?

🤒
WTF?? Skunk Baxter???:crazy:
Polish wine is what is inside your mind.:rolleyes:
these :frogface: trolls are very slow. they are liable to get liquored up on
rotgut wine and bring up Lola Falana, the poor knobs.:hatchingchick:

🤒
FFS its a contraption for the dweebs that can play the guitar good like
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:. you record one of the 15 youtube kids and then play on the computer chip as if you were the one doing it. Milli Vanilli guitar chip:fist:

Dingo... said ...

Oh and here is the super-duper interesting part. The guy from Steely Dan is Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, a musician who became an expert on missile defense systems and actually chaired a Congressional Advisory Board on the same. So, he's a super-smart guy and he is praising Johnny for being the master of this guitar multi-effects system. Now that is high praise!

Oh and here is the super-duper interesting part. The guy from Steely Dan is Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, a musician who became an expert on missile defense systems and actually chaired a Congressional Advisory Board on the same. So, he's a super-smart guy and he is praising Johnny for being the master of this guitar multi-effects system. Now that is high praise!

More funny than interesting.

johnboy marr supposedly came up with these almost impossible to play chords on the guitar and yet theres 15 year olds on youtube playing them like its the most normal thing in the world.did he thank the makers of the hair dye that hes uses by the gallon.
It's not about playing the chords, everyone can do that with enough practice. It's about coming up with them, about creating the music and that's something very few can do the way he does.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom