Johnny Thunders/Jerry Nolan picture attributed to Morrissey - FB/SER (photography)

20180118_014339.jpg

A bit more than a 'strange/unexpected' reference, but not exactly news either.
Regards,
FWD.

It's asserted that's Joe Strummer in the left background via other picture sources and also Jesse Tobias commenting on the exact same post on Sam's (photography) Instagram.
The picture has been around on Pinterest et al for many years and is also cited to be taken in London.

Non-text version:

42034_nolan_thunders_nontext.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are really Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan and in the background it is Joe Strummer. This picture is already well known for years in several Thunders/New York Dolls forums. And Morrisey really took the photo. Morrisey was and still is a huge New York Dolls fan. And when he was a teenager he even was the chairman of the british New York Dolls fanclub. And he also had much to do with the New York Dolls reunion in 2006. And about the guitar that was signed by Sylvain Sylvain, it was Sylvain Sylvains guitar and not Johnny's. And I thought later on Steve Jones got it,though I am not a 100% sure about that. But I am sure about the picture and everything about it, that I mentioned. I ain't even a Morrisey fan but I am a Johnny Thunders fan and almost every New York Dolls/Thunders fan knows that these are really Thunders and Nolan with Joe Strummer in the background. And also that Morrisey took this picture

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom