Morrissey Central "LA CERVEZA" (October 19, 2020)

LA CERVEZA

411505545b40ee15c121bc74609c5f70.jpg

As already posted in the 'Strange...' thread:

e0e6a9fef1d1c71e1722cadaeca91beb.jpg

Images via 'dewildesbeer' on IG.
FWD.

I think that goes back to the Noel Gallagher quote, Hovis. I'm not disputing Morrissey might like a drink but I don't think it would ever become a 'problem' with him. At best/worst he might be a heavy drinker. I feel sometimes, people have labelled him as a drinker simply because he's getting older and he's not as sprightly as he used to be. That noel Gallagher quote did him more harm than good.
It’s not the Noel Gallagher thing: We had a shared acquaintance. She left me in no doubt that he has a strong constitution.

Also, there was the fella who was potentially going to be Morrissey’s PA, or something similar: he believed he didn’t get the job because he retired too early one night, when Morrissey and the band were enjoying a few beverages?

He's Irish..they like a drink, or few.

Irish blood
English beer
This I'm made of

It’s not the Noel Gallagher thing: We had a shared acquaintance. She left me in no doubt that he has a strong constitution.

Also, there was the fella who was potentially going to be Morrissey’s PA, or something similar: he believed he didn’t get the job because he retired too early one night, when Morrissey and the band were enjoying a few beverages?
I always got the impression that, during The Smiths era, he was the one who retired early while the rest of them got pissed into the early hours?

Pissed as a ferret. Once he discovered he could remember enough words he was FREE.

It's more mysterious how anyone in showbiz stays sober.

Which reminds of this year's best tweet -

20200826_210629.jpg

Cocktails. 🍸

Tel Aviv hardly has any pubs... He sings clubs
And Tel Avivians usually has a lager and then prefers a joint or two

Sorry for the boring comment
No, that's fine David..I did state I took a liberty with that one...as you correctly spotted, it's 'club' not 'pub'. It's not 'clubs' (plural) however. It's just a bit of fun.

No, that's fine David..I did state I took a liberty with that one...as you correctly spotted, it's 'club' not 'pub'. It's not 'clubs' (plural) however. It's just a bit of fun.
Come off it Mozmar, next you’ll be telling me this is wrong...
“There's a pub if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you”

Even if Morrissey was a drinker, he's in the line of work where its not going to damage his career. There might be a few raised eyebrows, but that would be the end of it. I still don't think he is. And believe me, I'd like him to be. It would make me like him even more. I'm always impressed with insobriety. Another string to his bow in my book.
If you're in a position such as Morrissey (wealthy global icon) it really must be very difficult not to succumb to a life of excess, whether that's drugs, or drink, or 'other'.. I've not read anything about him ever having a drugs problem. He must have strong will power. I can forgive him having a few pints.

Come off it Mozmar, next you’ll be telling me this is wrong...
“There's a pub if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you”
Allowed! Good one! Much like the one in Tel Aviv, it could have been a working men's club...a pub in effect. :cool:

I always found it so sad when he asked 'has the perrier gone straight to my head'. I feel it was his way of saying everything about the Smiths had become so 'grown up' and genteel. The 'drunkenness' and headiness of the early days had evaporated and it had all become so cynical.

It's the woman speaking though, isn't it? As she's reading his note, she says, "Has the Perrier gone straight to my head...?" Interesting interpretation though.

Anyway, it's been a really pleasant thread...talking about music, instead of all the other crap that pollutes this site. What a refreshing change.
Thanks all :tiphat:

It would only be natural for Morrissey to partake of a few drinks every now and then, I think, Mozmar. He's your classic depressive. I do believe he said in an interview that drink was becoming more attractive to him. The trouble is, there are people who see this as a problem whereas I see it as totally excusable and quite appropriate to the life he leads. It would never be a slur on him if he did turn out to be a drinker in my book.
No I don't have a problem with it at all, Dale. Blokes drink pints...twas ever thus.

CHAMpAGne

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom