Larry King dead at 87

L

ListeningLoud

Last edited by a moderator:
larryking_and_band~2.jpg

RIP Larry - American TV mainstay.
FWD.

It's very sad. He was a great interviewer. Could ask hard questions without being unpleasant or angry.

I met Larry King once at his Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Company franchise in Beverly Hills whist ordering an egg cream and everything bagel. Very nice man, quite approachable, and purveyor of fine bagels. And he was even wearing his iconic suspenders! RIP.

Memory glands?

Sure he was a nice guy in his prime, but he already seemed half dead in the Morrissey interview - amazed he lasted this long.

Larry was great at what he did. He never had an agenda, and it was always about the guest, and not about him. You don't see that in interviewers too much these days...

"In 2015, Morrissey granted King his first in-person interview in 10 years on Larry King Now – “because of your reputation,” he told King – and made headlines worldwide by opening up about his cancer diagnosis, The Smiths (“We were very young, we didn’t know what we were doing and we didn’t like each other that much, so it was nice when it finished”), the “black dog” of depression and having his ”rear cleavage” invaded by San Francisco airport security. Controversies, as usual, abounded – Moz described suicide as “admirable” and commented “Obama, is he white inside?…I think he probably is” – thanks to King’s amenable probing at a time when Morrissey’s guard was well and truly up."

Remembering Larry King and his greatest music interviews

I'll survive I guess
Are you devastated about the death of Larry King? Overtime the grief will become easier. Time, tears, talking and prayers. I hope you have a good support network around you. Sad that when Morrissey's beloved mother Elizabeth died you were less supportive. Would you say you are a Morrissey fan?

"R.I.P. Larry King"

Thanks for posting this FWD.

ALCON - Why does it sounds so poor? Or perhaps I should ask why have they allowed it to sound so poor?

Back
Top Bottom