Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
I'm simply speculating, with the advantage of first-hand knowledge, as several members of my family have AS disorders. We're all speculating here. Why do I have to be asked to do so? And why is this such a terrible suggestion? I'm not insulting him. It's a feasible explanation for what appears to be quite rude, anti-social behaviour. Would you rather I just called him a self-centred prick, as others have done?

Just don't call Morrissey anything. If you don't like him just don't pay attention to him. Being a fan is not mandatory. Being an online bully is terrible bad because you hurt a lot of people, not only your target. Now I cut all kind of communication with you because I'm tired of feeding the troll of the site. Blocked.

So lucky you are to have that moment. Morrissey and Alain. I would love to hear what was discussed if you remember. In the same position I am not sure if I could muster up the courage to go over and introduce myself. What would I say and more importantly would I say something stupid and sycophantic? You will always have that memory and what a great thing that must have been.

We talked about ticket prices for the show, records, he'd just been up to our cities biggest record store. It was the Kill Uncle tour and he was wearing the 'Harvey Keitel' t shirt. We asked who it was and he told us, so we talked a little but about Harvey. My friend also had an Oscar Wilde book to give him, we chatted about Oscar for a bit as well. Alain looked out our quiffed up haircuts and asked us where we could get a haircut. Like idiots we fumbled the answer but I'm sure if we'd said we could take him to the hair salon he would've taken us up on the offer, but hey it's hard to concentrate when in the presence of His Mozjesty. That is a missed opportunity I argue with myself about to this day!

As we were leaving we shook their hands and I remember saying to Moz 'I guess this happens to you every day,' meaning getting approached by fans. He replied 'oh not really' and for reasons unbeknownst to me I blurted out 'liar liar pants on fire.' :lbf: Well that gave Moz a good chuckle which I'm glad about.

Oh and we forgot to take a camera with us and didn't get a photo that great day!! :tears::tears::tears: Something else that grinds my gears all these years later. But yeah, a very pleasant memory. They say you should never meet your heroes but for me the experience lived up to the expectation and beyond. I count myself lucky.

We talked about ticket prices for the show, records, he'd just been up to our cities biggest record store. It was the Kill Uncle tour and he was wearing the 'Harvey Keitel' t shirt. We asked who it was and he told us, so we talked a little but about Harvey. My friend also had an Oscar Wilde book to give him, we chatted about Oscar for a bit as well. Alain looked out our quiffed up haircuts and asked us where we could get a haircut. Like idiots we fumbled the answer but I'm sure if we'd said we could take him to the hair salon he would've taken us up on the offer, but hey it's hard to concentrate when in the presence of His Mozjesty. That is a missed opportunity I argue with myself about to this day!

As we were leaving we shook their hands and I remember saying to Moz 'I guess this happens to you every day,' meaning getting approached by fans. He replied 'oh not really' and for reasons unbeknownst to me I blurted out 'liar liar pants on fire.' :lbf: Well that gave Moz a good chuckle which I'm glad about.

Oh and we forgot to take a camera with us and didn't get a photo that great day!! :tears::tears::tears: Something else that grinds my gears all these years later. But yeah, a very pleasant memory. They say you should never meet your heroes but for me the experience lived up to the expectation and beyond. I count myself lucky.
No idea who Harvey Keitel was?
He must have had a quite long career by then.

Just don't call Morrissey anything. If you don't like him just don't pay attention to him. Being a fan is not mandatory. Being an online bully is terrible bad because you hurt a lot of people, not only your target. Now I cut all kind of communication with you because I'm tired of feeding the troll of the site. Blocked.
But I am the troll of this site!

Me, me , meeeeeeeeeeeee

YES!

It is one of many "mental conditions" brought on by vitamin and mineral defficiency found in everyone examined properly just like you find the same defficiency in older people suffering from what some call dementia.

I know this is off topic but my grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's and I watched her slowly lose her ability to remember, and it was very sad. This from their web site:

"Scientists are not absolutely sure what causes Alzheimer’s but plaques and tangles are prime suspects in cell death and tissue loss in the Alzheimer brain.

Plaques are abnormal clusters of chemically “sticky” proteins called beta-amyloid that build up between nerve cells. The most damaging form of beta-amyloid may be groups of a few pieces rather than the plaques themselves. The small clumps may block cell-to-cell signaling at synapses. They may also activate immune system cells that trigger inflammation and devour disabled cells.

Tangles form inside dying cells. Tangles are twisted fibers of a protein called tau. In healthy areas, tau helps keep the transport system on track. But in areas where tangles are forming, the twisted strands of tau essentially disintegrate the transport system so that nutrients and other essential supplies can no longer move through the cells, which eventually die.

Though most people develop some plaques and tangles as they age, those with Alzheimer’s tend to develop far more. The plaques and tangles tend to form in a predictable pattern, beginning in areas important in learning and memory and then spreading to other regions."

This science to me seems more reasonable than a vitamin and mineral deficiency. Are you suggesting that science plays no roll in uncovering the nature of diseases? I worked with a boy who had Asperger's and to me Peppermint's description of this disease, or more appropriate condition rings very true to me.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for that. This is why I am here. You were very lucky, and pictures fade. Your memory of that day will stay green forever. My grandmother used to say this to me. No one can fully prepare to meet someone who means so much to them and express those feelings in a coherent way at the spur of the moment, but it seems you pulled it off and good for you!

No idea who Harvey Keitel was?
He must have had a quite long career by then.

Watch the original film version of The Bad Lieutenant, should be right up your street :lbf::brows:

I know this is off topic but my grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's and I watched her slowly lose her ability to remember, and it was very sad. This from their web site:

"Scientists are not absolutely sure what causes Alzheimer’s but plaques and tangles are prime suspects in cell death and tissue loss in the Alzheimer brain.

Plaques are abnormal clusters of chemically “sticky” proteins called beta-amyloid that build up between nerve cells. The most damaging form of beta-amyloid may be groups of a few pieces rather than the plaques themselves. The small clumps may block cell-to-cell signaling at synapses. They may also activate immune system cells that trigger inflammation and devour disabled cells.

Tangles form inside dying cells. Tangles are twisted fibers of a protein called tau. In healthy areas, tau helps keep the transport system on track. But in areas where tangles are forming, the twisted strands of tau essentially disintegrate the transport system so that nutrients and other essential supplies can no longer move through the cells, which eventually die.

Though most people develop some plaques and tangles as they age, those with Alzheimer’s tend to develop far more. The plaques and tangles tend to form in a predictable pattern, beginning in areas important in learning and memory and then spreading to other regions."

This science to me seems more reasonable than a vitamin and mineral deficiency. Are you suggesting that science plays no roll in uncovering the studying of diseases? I worked with a boy who had Asperger's and to me Peppermint's description of this disease, or more appropriate condition rings very true to me.
It's very easy really. Things will die in us if not fed, try and speed along with your car without giving it the fluids it needs. We get older and the things that used to work no longer does like the stomachs ability to take up vitamins and minerals from foods. Slowly you break down and you don't notice it that much but the people around you do.
They never ever asked themselves why those tissues and things die but I bet they water plants at home well and feed the soil with shit from chickens and so on. The longer you live the more you need to compensate for the body functions slowly shutting down.
My dad is old and is freezingly cold and wears a vest indoors in plus 23 degrees but never did he think that his age meant his thyroid broke down cause that is the central heating of our body or the air condition if you like.
People were brainwashed by Big Pharma and so we rely on doctors and so called scientists who, if they ever found anything, turn that into a chemical pill some Big Pharma company can make zillions from.
Just take all the vitamins and minerals and don't be afraid to take a high dosage unless they are the kind the body won't flush out when it has had enough of it.
Most people who end up ill do so from not knowing this or not wanting to buy what they consider to be expensive vitamins and minerals but they will gladly pay for a lot of stupid things that never helped them to maintain their good health.
I know I am talking to a deaf crowd and everyone decides what their quality of life will be like, it is up to you yourself and not me. Logical thinking was never big among humans.

Thank you so much for that. This is why I am here. You were very lucky, and pictures fade. Your memory of that day will stay green forever. My grandmother used to say this to me. No one can fully prepare to meet someone who means so much to them and express those feelings in a coherent way at the spur of the moment, but it seems you pulled it off and good for you!

Morrissey was wearing the brown brogues he wore in those Kevin Cummins photos from Japan, the HK t shirt, the blue pinstripe blazer from those same Cummins photos and brown Levis. Yep I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Watch the original film version of The Bad Lieutenant, should be right up your street :lbf::brows:
You're not the first to tell me that but I don't think I have seen it yet. People like that are more common than most will believe.

You're not the first to tell me that but I don't think I have seen it yet. People like that are more common than most will believe.

It's an 'interesting' film and Harvey is completely unhinged in it.

People were brainwashed by Big Pharma and so we rely on doctors and so called scientists who, if they ever found anything, turn that into a chemical pill some Big Pharma company can make zillions from.
Just take all the vitamins and minerals and don't be afraid to take a high dosage unless they are the kind the body won't flush out when it has had enough of it.
Most people who end up ill do so from not knowing this or not wanting to buy what they consider to be expensive vitamins and minerals but they will gladly pay for a lot of stupid things that never helped them to maintain their good health.
I know I am talking to a deaf crowd and everyone decides what their quality of life will be like, it is up to you yourself and not me. Logical thinking was never big among humans.

Thank you for your civility. I do get that aging is a heartless b*tch that spares no one from its destructive path like a personal hurricane created especially for each one of us. And it is true that "Big Pharma" is in the business to make money, but that aside, Aids has been almost turned into a non issue when in my youth it seemed to be something that would wipe out humanity in its entirety. Also, strides in cancer research are leading to longer lives, and the far less use of sickening chemotherapy treatments.

I don't think you are speaking to a deaf crowd just one that maybe sees more to science than dollars and cents. God bless us if we are in a position not to have to consider our health an immediate concern, but I am strongly behind those who are trying to make the suffering and pain of disease more livable whether for profit or not.

Thank you for your civility. I do get that aging is a heartless b*tch that spares no one from its destructive path like a personal hurricane created especially for each one of us. And it is true that "Big Pharma" is in the business to make money, but that aside, Aids has been almost turned into a non issue when in my youth it seemed to be something that would wipe out humanity in its entirety. Also, strides in cancer research are leading to longer lives, and the far less use of sickening chemotherapy treatments.

I don't think you are speaking to a deaf crowd just one that maybe sees more to science than dollars and cents. God bless us if we are in a position not to have to consider our health an immediate concern, but I am strongly behind those who are trying to make the suffering and pain of disease more livable whether for profit or not.
What do you think they give those HIV patients and what does their "medicine" contain?
There is no cancer and it's only a project name for something that is caused by fungus overgrowth inside the body. When I called the skin center and told them we used baking soda and coconut oil on a skin cancer growth I expected the nurse to protest and send me a tinfoil hat to wear but NO she said in her cute little nurse voice that a lot of patients did the same and it worked a charm.
You are like the others about to die who choose to believe in white coats when in your private life you trust no one. They cure symptoms not the root of the problem cause that brings in the big cash.
Like I said before you choose yourself.

It is shitty behaviour, I agree, but I've changed my mind about this lately.

Likewise, I whole heartedly agree.
I myself hate having to speak or listen to people and if I didn’t have to then I wouldn’t, so why should Morrissey be any different, thanks peppermint

He plays an alcoholic loser.

Yes as well as snorting coke off his cars dashboard and jacking off at the side of the road when he pulls up some teenage girls for speeding. How do you even prepare for a scene like that? :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom