Morrissey Central "LOVE IS ON ITS WAY BACK" (November 18, 2020)

IMG_0388_mynn1p.jpg

0-12_copy_c2uxlh.jpg

Links to an article via The Federalist entitled:
"You Can Fire Morrissey, But You Will Never Break His Spirit" by David Marcus.
Uncredited 'shopped images by Victor Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't frequent the Daily Mail as a rule but I can't help thinking that right now there are a lot posters who are puce with rage over this but who the rest of the time think that The Pogues are a bunch of IRA-supporting bog-trotters who should take the next ferry back to Ireland.
You can tell from that comment you don’t frequent it often.

Marina Hyde summed him up perfectly:
"...one of Britain’s best-connected supporting actors..."
He may be a well connected supporting actor, I haven’t seen him in much, but his views are 100% spot on. He’s forming a new political party, the ‘reclaim’ party, & I hope they do well.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

A lot of people agree with him, you just can’t / won’t see it.

No, I was on about silly wankers moaning about words in songs that were released before they were born.
Ah, I see, well in that case I 100% agree with you, and the point still stands.👍 Like the silly wankers who bang on about statues & the British Empire.

You’ll find they are middle class white ‘saviours’ ashamed of our history.

Great comment in the responses - how can someone be upset when they weren't even born when the song was released.
Waiting for the inevitable "The Sun Has Got His Hat On" backlash

#FairytaleOfNewYork #Pogues
#oliversarmy #elviscostello

I had no idea Morrissey knew David Carradine. Did he actually cameo in 'Kung Fu'?

Yep. Who needs the Stasi.

Nevertheless, there remains a left wing committed to libertarian ideas.
Yes, like Ian Austin. Just read a great article written by him in today’s Mail, re the whole Corbyn scandal.

He was one of the stars of last years election campaign when he went around with that billboard on the back of a truck, slagging Corbyn off.

Absolute legend👍

Aw man, that Federalist stuff ain't no fun at all.
Why the heck would Moz sing a song about bein' a Cosmic Dancer
and then go and get grounded down into that Federalist mess.

I think it’s perhaps more weird than that. None of my kids, or their friends, would be offended. I can’t help feeling that it’s the state saying “YOU ARE FEELING OFFENDED but we’ve spared you the full horror”. Worrying really.

I expect in a few years they’ll identify an anxiety wherein people are worried because they don’t feel offended enough. Millions will be spent helping people to come to terms with their ‘real’ indignant inner self—to facilitate and direct the expression of a deep hateful anger (one that people didn’t know they had).

I think it’s been achieved before.

It's more the state worrying that they'll look bad if vulnerable minorities are being literally killed by offensive words & images.

And there's a tiny but keen group of people looking for words & images to be offended by & making sure everyone knows about it (& dies).

Aw man, that Federalist stuff ain't no fun at all.
Why the heck would Moz sing a song about bein' a Cosmic Dancer
and then go and get grounded down into that Federalist mess.

Because he needs a social media manager.

“BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.”

Get your skates on Morrissey, the nation needs you.
Radio 1 and whoever makes these laughable decisions can go jump in the Thames, one of the worst national UK stations that makes no attempt to offer a broad mix of music and is quite frankly unlistenable.

i wish these photomontages would stop.....im tempted to create one of myself and M's mother..when the shoe is on the other foot.....

That's the last thing he needs, only loonies think social media is the way forward, no offence meant by the way.
I would say that the effects of social media represent a significant difference between the negativity of (say) 1992 and now. And it’s a challenge which he’s not ignoring, but rather addressing in a fashion which seems to be compounding his problems. If only he would go full Luddite. Even his sleeve art would benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom